Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

1,923 Interview Reviews

3.7

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two cases, several minutes of brief fit questions before each case. Cases focused on discovering new insights rather than being overly quantitative. Both cases had brainstorming and calculations. Interviewers were very friendly and took a lot of notes.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds, 2 interviews each, 45 min per interview with 15 minutes behavioral and 30 minute cases
    First round is with senior consultants from any office, second round is with partners from the office you’ve applied to

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

The first round involved an online case as well as a 45-minute in-person case over Zoom.
    The decision round involved two 45-minute cases over Zoom.
    I had my decision round interview on Friday morning and got a call Monday night with the offer and received the offer in my email on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving science to go into consulting? Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge in a team.   Answer Question

Knowledge Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted via email and had an initial phone interview set up with the recruiter. After that there were two interviews on zoom with the hiring manager and with the team lead. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and friendly, but the interviews were very one sided. The questions focused mainly on "what if" and "what would you recommend" scenarios, rather than about my experience so it felt more like a Q&A session than a conversation. Overall, nice people but be ready for a lot of questions.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty smooth. Timelines and expectations were communicated ahead of time. Meetings ran on time, and everyone was really kind and courteous. The format was as you expect - the first round is 2 1:1 case interviews + fit and the second round is another 2 1:1 interviews with more senior managers. The time between the two interviews was just under two weeks, so it’s a quick turnaround. You find out if you got an offer or not within a few days as well.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

2 rounds, 2 interviews per round. Since this was during the COVID-19 pandemic, everything was done virtually.

Round 1 had 1 online case with an AI where we had to answer 8 questions about a case in 25 minutes (BCG sent a practice case beforehand), and 1 live virtual interview with a Consultant (15 min fit, 30 min case, 5 min for questions).

Round 2 were two 45-min interviews back-to-back with current BCG Partners, both with 10-15 min of fit and a 30 min case with time for 1 question at the end.

After round 1, I got a call from my interviewer with feedback which was really nice. I got a chance to ask her about her experiences too and ended up chatting for almost 30 min which was more than I expected. After round 2 which was on a Friday, I got the offer Monday so it was really quick, and everyone I had ever interacted with before (including interviewers) contacted me to congratulate.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone at work.
      Q: Tell me about a time you had to change course and change your strategy
      Q: Tell me about a time you had to change someone's mind in order to lead to a different outcome
      Q: Why consulting and why BCG?   Answer Question

Cloud Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I had a total of 8 interviews. 2 with Recruiters, 1 with hiring manager and 5 with hiring team. The 5 meeting were 45 each all back to back over zoom. Heard nothing for 2 weeks and reached out to recruiter and I was told I was not be moved forward in the process. It was my understanding that the next round consist of 3-4 additional interviews. On of the interviewer told me it typically takes about 12 interviews to get a job at BCG. Very disappointed since I had all of the experience they mentioned in the job description and work for a similar but much larger company.

Nothing difficult about the interviews and had good interviews with all but one person. He was asking very specific questions about something that was not mentioned in the job description.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was 45 minutes over Zoom, first 15 minutes were general fit questions, next 25 minutes was the case interview portion, last 5 minutes was an opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Fit interview + 2 cases. Everything was professional and structured how they tell you in pre-interview preparation. I had multiple contacts outside of the interview and everyone was incredibly kind. When you arrive, you receive a name tag and are sat in a waiting area. Your first interviewer will get you, you spend about 15 minutes on a fit interview then 25-30 minutes doing a case. You then return to your seating area and what I described is repeated with a second interviewer. You get a call within a few weeks to find out if you received a second interview.

Case Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Not technical, no case studies involved. Basic questions about your strengths and ability. What you think you can get out of the role etc. The interview was short and simple, not too formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you measure the average time taken to queue at an airport check-in counter?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.