Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Capital One Technology Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

3 questions 45 minutes each, on-campus interview - behavioral, technical, case study. There are different people assigned per question, and you do not know which part of the interview you are starting with until you arrive.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, difficulties of the projects you've done, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Interview

Went from applying to getting a call for the in-person interview. Three separate interviews, behavioral, case-study, and technical. Great offices and free lunch. Study leetcode and other questions on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Given a pattern array and a string array, find if the strings follow the pattern   1 Answer

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter emailed me back 4 weeks later with an invitation to one of their offices for an interview. They flew me out to their Plano office and put me in a very nice hotel with all expenses paid. The interview consisted of 3 rounds, for me they were Behavioral, Technical, Case, in that order. I struggled a bit through the technical and case but made sure to express my entire thought process.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Asked me questions about my projects / why I decided to do the project / what I learned from it   Answer Question
    • Technical: Leetcode easy/medium, leetcode tagged questions   Answer Question
    • Case: Had me refactor a piece of legacy code and explain the financial and technical advantages/disadvantages of acquiring a company   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Interview

I had a superday in Charlottesville, VA on September 2019 that had 3 sections: behavioral, case, technical. Each section was around 45 minutes long. It went fairly okay, but it honestly depends on what kind of interviewer you get.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

As others have stated here, it was a three round process:

Behavioral- asked only three questions. Think “Tell me about a time where you did” etc type questions. Others have posted these up in Glassdoor previously so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Case study- mine was a repeat of another commonly asked question on Glassdoor. It was not business at all in any nature, but I followed the steps shown in the video they send you, where I clearly kept talking out loud and lead most of the conversation, which was honestly more like a discussion. It was very simple, and involved refactoring some old code.

Technical- leetcode tagged questions are a VERY, VERY good representation of what to expect. Won’t say anything further than that.

Overall, absolutely amazing experience interviewing with this company. I heard back within three days of my interview that I had received an offer, and immediately accepted. Capital One is a great place to work for, and I could immediately get that vibe from the interviews that I had. I truly think it’s a great place to work, and the perks/salary will help solidify your decision. Best of luck to anyone interviewing for this company!

Technology Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2019.

Interview

Submitted my application with a referral and a few weeks later got an on-campus final round. The final round consisted of three 45 minute interviews. One case, one behavioral, and one technical. Heard back within 24 hours that I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Summary Ranges Leetcode problem   Answer Question
    • A problem similar to Coin Change on Leetcode. Transfer Euro to dollar then give the specified bill and coin amounts that you would return to make up the dollar amount.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at my campus career fair, and two weeks later I was contacted by him for an on-campus final round interview. I had about 3 weeks to prepare for the interview. The interview consisted of a behavioral interview with standard STAR format questions, a case interview that was very similar to the video that Capital One provides to help with preparation, and a job-fit technical interview with some leetcode-medium level questions. Overall, the interviewers were extremely friendly and seemed to genuinely want me to succeed

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Columbus, OH (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and probably 2 weeks or so I got the final round interview opportunity. The interview was of 3 parts. Job fit/Technical, behavioral, and Case interview. In the technical round there were two TDP engineers that conducted the interview. The behavioral and case was done by, I would say, managers of the team or senior developers.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (College Station, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was on our campus. There were 3 parts back to back. A technical, a behavioral and a case study. Everyone was super friendly, I received an offer about a week after.

Interview Questions

• Delete null leaf nodes from a tree.
      Case study was similar to the video on youtube but more focused on technology.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day that they wanted to invite me for an on-site (final round interview). Behavioral was basic "tell me about a time when..." questions but I wished it had showcased more about me rather than how I acted working with teams on projects. Case interview went well and interviewer was great at walking me through the case if I was having a hard time. Technical interview went horribly. Had the correct use of the data structures at the beginning and the interviewer may have been trying to throw me off when she questioned why I would use a hashmap but then proceeded to be testy, have an attitude, and use a rude tone for the interview so even when she corrected me and told me I should've been using a hashmap (which I was from the start), it stressed me out and prevented me from finishing the question.

Interview Questions

• Given an array [mortage, groceries, groceries] and another array [a, b, b], write an algorithm that returns true for this pairing but false for [mortage, groceries, movie tickets] and [a, b, b]   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.