Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a Ford recruiter calling myself and talking to me for about a half hour. After that I received an email for setting up a phone interview the following week. Three days later, I received a call for a on site panel interview, the following week. Two weeks after that I received a call asking me if I was still interested and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were essay type questions and without vast experience, would be extremely difficult to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was better than what I told the recruiter I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers at once. The interview process itself was very scripted. They had documents which contained the questions they had to ask me. They asked 12 questions: 6 skills-based questions and 6 behavioral questions. The interviewers had to write down comments and notes on your response on the paper. The interview took about 90 minutes.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

Overall it was very standard and went through your resume and asked questions about specific experiences. It took about half an hour and was with two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and went into detail about what their role was in their respective departments. There were not too many technical questions in this interview - mainly questions surrounding behavior and your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue that came up that didn't go exactly as planned and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Resume sent, Online survey to complete within a certain time, Phone Call with recruiter, and final interview in person at the job site. Overall interview experience was very professional and I was kept aware of the stages at which the employer was in making the decision.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview started as a group information session which was really nice because it broke the ice a bit and taught about the company. Also, free refreshments which is always a plus. They gave time to review our own notes before sitting in on 1:3 interviews. The interview center was set up apart from the offices so there was full attention on the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Questions were multi part and sometimes a little difficult to follow. Mostly they were three part questions asking about a previous issue you may have encountered, the resolution and how it changed your team.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview. I had a phone interview, and it was a bit awkward, but the process went by smoothly and quickly. I was double teamed, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I was the last interview, so I understand if it was just tiring at that point.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, like how you work on a team or what you did when facing difficulty.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me within couple days of applying online. A phone interview was set up with the hiring manger and they decided to fly me out to Detroit for hiring conference. There was a case study that was given. The interview process started at 7 am. with included background information about Ford. A group interview, where everyone had to present their case and one on one interview with the manager. The day ended with lunch and open question- answer session. The whole process from applying to getting an offer took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were generic behavioral questions. Nothing too technical   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Most easy going interview I've had. They were polite but professional. I didnt feel like I was getting peeled. Everything went smooth and the tour offered was just amazing! Make sure you are prepared and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had.

Applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter/HR rep. Ford then flew me in to Detroit and kept me at a hotel overnight with all meals provided. The following morning they took me and the few other candidates interviewing on the same day to the Ford Talent Center where the interview took place. It was panel interview with 3 engineering managers. They were nice, friendly guys. The interview lasted 90 minutes and it included some basic skills and behavioral questions. We also chatted about working for Ford, the company culture and living in Dearborn, MI.

The interview was followed by lunch and a tour of Dearborn, MI and Ford's campus which is spread throughout the town. Opt for this tour if it's offered to you. I was very impressed by the sheer size of operations that take place in the town.

They were very quick to make a decision post-interview. In fact, they called me back with an offer on the same day and compensation was pretty good too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or your boss.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenging project you were part of and how you solved the problems.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss background and experience. The manufacturing leader felt that based on her experience, what she knew was correct. She wasn't open to diverse backgrounds in manufacturing and other methods of success. She also claim I didn't have startup experience (when it was on my resume) and because I didn't work in consumer electronics, my manufacturing experience was applicable.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through. Did you use OEE at your past company. Have you worked at a startup   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.