Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6,810 of over 6.8K interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Nov 2020

Interview

Recorded HireVue process with 5 questions. They provided resources to prepare and links to their career site and company page. I was expecting the interview to be more focused on Goldman Sachs, but they were all behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • 1) What is your greatest achievement, tell us why you chose that achievement, the steps you took, and the impact to your organization.
    1 Answer
  • 2) You are faced with competing assignments, what do you do?
  • 3) You just presented results to a client and they want details on competing company. This is against company policy to provide information, what do you do?
  • 4) Your coworker is struggle to work with another colleague due to working style and comes to you for advice, what would you do?
  • 5) Share an example, inside or outside of work, of a time you excelled.
124 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recently completed Hirevue and it consists of 5 questions for which you have 3 minutes to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. The questions are behavioral. Once finished and submitted. A human looks at your application and decides if they want to move forward with you. There will be a change of status for your application on their portal.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about an achievement in your most recent role. How was it impactful to the organization ? 2. A question about if there was a leadership role you wanted in the company but needed experience to go about it how would you go about it ? 3. If there was important presentation and a conference you were invited to on the same day, how would you tackle it ? 4. If you were placed in a team where all the team members know each other and you are the new guy, how would you respond in the situation ?
68 people found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Online coding test consisting of 2 intermediate coding questions, 1 advanced coding question, 8 quantitative MCQs , 7 MCQs on CS fundamentals and 2 subjective questions. This was followed by 2 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

included 4 rounds and each round was equally fun and insightful. one entrance exam followed by group discussion and then 2 interview rounds (one on one). i made it to the last round but didn't qualify

Interview Questions
  • tell me about yourself and why gs

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

After several interviews with senior members of the team, I was ghosted and never received feedback. I proceeded to follow up with the recruiter and never received a reply. It is not the best impression to have after you committed time with the team and interview prep.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Video Hirevue which is fairly simple to use, it is far more difficult to get in the interview mindset via automated recorded video rather than a call with someone so keep in mind to be clear and concise and not to feel like you are talking with yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

there were three rounds. the first round was dsa based . the second round was based on mh project and the third round was the he round. basich questions of dynamic programming stack tree were asked

Interview Questions
  • give the value of the expression using stack

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

The interview process was a typical banking interview with technical and qualitative portions. Walk through deal experience, why GS, why M&A, strengths/weaknesses, adversity examples, can you handle heavy workload etc.. Goldman has a high standard for hiring. The guy on the phone was okay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

An online automated coding assessment, which was on the easy side, and an online video recording interview where I had to respond to videos of people asking me HR questions. I didn't hear back after the video recording.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Initial coding assessment. Full day interview. You are asked to design banking systems and answer algorithm questions. Overall a terrible experience. HR scheduled me for the wrong time and it clearly ruined the rest of the interview process with the interviewers. In addition, I received zero update on my application after the final round and after they made this mistake.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,810 Interviews