Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

5,332 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

1.5 hour long interview, 3 different interviews 30 minutes each with 3 different individuals. This was a superday which meant they flew me into the office I would potentially get hired at.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly them getting to know me by asking about my resume.
      How well do you work in a diverse team, why Goldman Sachs, why this position, how do you deal with difficult situations   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very well organized. I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter, talked with them for 30 mins and went really well and was told they would like to move forward with the next rounds of the interview process. I was then scheduled a call with someone from UK office (see below for questions that I was asked). Went well. Next rounds of interview are next week and will update this once the interview is done.

Interview Questions

• 1. If you are in an elevtor and the manager was talking about someone that you know, how would you handle that
      2. If someone was taking credits for the work that you have done, how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Trader Interview

Interview

Several vigorous rounds of quantitative questions. Testing analytical ability and thinking, but not any particular business or finance knowledge. Probability, estimation, reasoning, and other types of topics like that. Again, the point is getting to know your ability to calculate and think.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I got emails from multiple Goldman teams asking for interview availability, but Goldman has this (strange) rule that you can only interview for one team. So, I had to pick the team that emailed me first. The interview was awesome, I solved both questions with the most optimal solution, passed all test cases, but I never heard back from the team, until I sent them an email and I immediately got a rejection! Why keep me waiting for weeks? At least let me know beforehand so I can interview for other teams! Extremely unprofessional and a total waste of time!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Codepad interview - The interviewer was neglectful and it was very off putting. It was easy to see that he did not want to be doing interviews - He sent me a problem, then did other work in the background ignoring my questions.

The interview process should be an engaging back and forth, and this was anything but...

Strategist Interview

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews. One day onsite, including maths, coding, brain teaser. Very basic questions. No finance question. Depending on the background, sometimes candidates could be asked about finance questions if he/she has related background.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interviewed at conference and was invited to Super Day within 1 month. At Super Day, interviewed with 6 different VPs (2 at a time) for 30 minutes each. Mostly behavioral questions and situational scenarios.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview involved phone interview with recruiter and on site with 3 people from the team. Fairly average interviews with straightforward questions about experience and what drives you. Also asked about what things you do outside work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Initial phone screen. They asked questions on how to handle a situation where an important client is asking for confidential information. They asked how I would handle a situation where a coworker was taking credit for work they did not do.

Interview Questions

• boolean isPowerOfTen(int x) // Need to handle case where x > INTEGER.MAX_VALUE or < MIN_VALUE   Answer Question
    • int findMin(int a[])
      // array is sorted in increasing order, but is rotated some spaces i.e. {6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5} or {4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3}
      // must be completed in O(log n) time   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. Then HR phone screen. Just behavioral go through your experience. then technical screening by the team. Asked two behavior questions and two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Check if two strings are anagrams   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your teammate took credits on your work.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.