Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated 19 Feb 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I had several rounds of phone and Hangouts interviews which were 45 minutes each. Ideally the time is spent with 5-10 minutes for introductions, 30 minutes to answer a technical question, and the remaining time for follow-up questions. Questions aren't hard but require looking beyond the first solution and optimizing. I was disappointed in how little the interviewers asked me about myself or my projects. Maybe two of my interviews did so.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through website. Contacted by recruiter two weeks later. Quick scheduling of two coding interviews. Decision within two weeks. Would've been possible to speed up process but we had enough time.

Interview Questions

• What can happen if you modify a List in Java while iterating through it in another thread?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Originally only have one round. After my first round, they added another round, then I bombed the second one. Overall very clear instructions. The people are very nice. I did one question for the first round and two for the second round. Will apply again next year. Good luck guys!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, then two on-campus interviews. Friendly recruiters and very quick turnaround. My interviews basically dove straight into technical questions, not much discussion of my resume or experience. Some other people had an additional phone screen after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, and I had a brief 20 minute phone screening. Then I was scheduled 2 45 minute interviews. The recruiter was so helpful and guided me through everything -- I was emailed so many resources to prepare for the interviews. The questions in both of my interviews were much easier than anything I had studied for, which was surprising. Overall, the whole process was very smooth, and everyone was really helpful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nice recruiter he helps me a lot for the process. When I have trouble he will try to give me hint. In the end he also asks me a bonus question. Of course it is not so hard. But for me the first interview is not as easy as the second one.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was overall good, I got an email from a recruiter in the summer asking for my resume and transcript. He then scheduled 2 phone interviews. It was overall ok, they took two weeks to respond after the interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was consist of 2 back-to-back interviews. Since the NDA, I won't go details. The questions require good understanding of algorithms and programming habits. The interviewers I met are quite nice and encouraging. They kept talking with me and encouraged me to discover difference solutions and better programming habits. The whole process was like learning and discussing. And certainly very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about tree, and hash set.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

Two technical phone interview back to back, each 45mins. First talk about the resume, and go straight to technical problems. The interviewee is nice. Google recruiter is very fast, and everything is on schedule.

Interview Questions

• 1st: KMP, smart pointer;
      2nd: straightforward vector manipulation, follow up with parallel
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Spring internship online the day the application came out, 1-2 weeks later I received an invitation for two technical phone interviews. Interviews were each an hour, back-to-back, with two separate interviewers. First few minutes were spent talking about my classes and some projects I'm working on. Had time for about two technical questions per interview. Interviewers were very friendly, overall a good experience.

About a week later I received an email saying I'd been approved by the hiring committee and was moving on to project matching. My name/resume went into a pool of approved applicants and PMs who thought I could be a good match for their project could request a host interview. This "interview" is not technical (although I've heard for some projects they may ask you about relevant skills). For the two I had, the host did most of the talking, just explaining the project and answering questions I had. I heard back from the first host two days later saying he wanted to move forward and I accepted the offer (that was the project I preferred so I didn't wait to hear back from the other host).

Note: the project matching process has changed from recent years. Some of my friends a year or two ahead of me in school had to accept their offer before they went into project matching, meaning they were guaranteed a match after they accepted. You are now not given an offer until a host has determined you are a good fit, which is not guaranteed (unless the process is different for non-summer interns).

Interview Questions

• Nothing intense, pretty predictable string and array-based questions, one slightly more challenging question that I just had to talk through (not code). Questions were way easier than anything I studied in Cracking the Coding Interview.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.