Google Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Google Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in March 2020.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews about leadership, googleyness, GCA and Role related knowledge/1 on 1 /45 mins for each round/After your interviews are done, independent hiring committees made up of Googlers at various levels of the company review your candidate packet, which includes your interview feedback and scores, your resume, references, and any work samples you submitted.

Interview Questions

• Describe any innovative approaches you have developed to identify new opportunities?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was eight weeks long. Started off with a phone screen with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an onsite interview with a few team members. This was my second interview process with Google. My other interviews were in a different department, and this process was quite different. All the interviews were more based on my experience and behavioral questions, rather than the hypothetical Google strategy questions that I experienced last time. The HR rep and employees were nice and welcoming, but unfortunately they moved forward with a different person. I was notified by email about a week after my onsite. The worst part about this process by FAR is the waiting between rounds.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in November 2019.

Interview

A phone interview first after the cognitive ability test. The question are already listed in former reviews. Waited for US panel to give feedbacks for 5 days, and got the result within a week

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Hiring process was at least 3 months --starting with a phone screen with recruiter, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager, and then in person meeting with 4 team members (back to back). Positive experience overall from working with recruiter to meeting the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used data to convince your client of something.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. Reached out to by a recruiter for a position in New York. All communication was timely and pleasant. The second phone interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be analytical?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruited online through Linkedin. Interviewed with recruiter and asked basic questions. Interviewed with Account Manager and asked situational questions. Interviewed on site (San Francisco, CA) with two account executives and asked various questions. They went with someone with more experience, but overall a great experience

Interview Questions

• Working on cross-functional teams   4 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a member of the general sales team - someone I would not be working with directly if hired. It involved intensive questioning. I was given 3 hypothetical scenarios not relating to the Google Ads interface or existing Google products. 5 - 10 additional questions were asked in relation to my response to the hypothetical scenarios. It was conversation style.

Interview Questions

• Explain a business plan you would propose to a friend looking to start a bakery in the NYC area   3 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Interview

During an interview with the recruiter I was asked what year I graduated college, which was in no way relevant to the role or experience required for the position. It felt like a sideways way to garner information about my age.

I did not move on to the next step, which I would not have accepted anyway. The position was not quite what I was looking for, and I was disappointed with the interview experience. Age is not relevant.

Interview Questions

• What year did you graduate from college?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

One of the best interviews I've ever experienced. I interviewed with four team members. Each had a set of four questions (they did not repeat) that asked specific questions about relevant experience, more general questions about the ecosystem and thoughts on growth within, and I was particularly impressed with some of the "whole self" questions I was asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a coworker who you notice is isolating themselves from the larger group?   4 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Overall, my experience was extremely positive. I had the opportunity to interview with the team l'd be working directly with, so it was nice to get to know the team and get a good sense of the responsibilities I'd be handling.

You'll be asked questions about your experience with Adwords and any relevant experience you bring to the role. You may be asked a few hypotheticals, but all very straightforward.

In terms of what to expect, there's a phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager. If those go well, you'll move on to onsite interviews where you'll meet with a few folks from your team and maybe 1-2 non-team members who'll ask general questions to form an objective opinion. You may have followup interviews, which could be in-person or through Google Hangouts.

I think the biggest thing to bear in mind during onsites is that your interviewers may be taking notes the whole time, likely on their laptop. Don't let it throw you, they have to do this. It can be kind of off-putting, but it's totally normal for a Google interview.

On the whole, I enjoyed my interview experience and was thrilled to receive an offer! The one watchout I'd give is that this is not a quick process. That was probably the most difficult part. End-to-end, it took around 11 weeks from recruiter first email to offer.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, can't say. Expect straightforward, behavioral questions...no curveballs.   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.