NVIDIA Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

NVIDIA Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NVIDIA

2.9

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Very bad. They never really got back to me even after I tried getting to them. I told them why is my third phone interview cancelled but they never got back. Overall experience was very bad. Recruiters are not good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

one phone interview
    he was a lead of physical design
    explained his work and on what they are working on like clock synthesis, APR.
    He asked some basic layout questions too.
    Overall experience was decent. I expected a positive response, though i didnt. Gpa might be a factor in filtering out in initial rounds

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was hold during the info session. We talked about my previous projects and experience. Then they asked some technical questions. The question was not difficult but if you are a student as me, you need to review the basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me as many ways as possible to design a gated clock. Tell me when and why we need clock gating.   Answer Question
    • Tell me the sources of leakage in CMOS system.   Answer Question
    • Draw a layout for a NAND gate   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

My application position mainly work on the synthesis part. I got 2 phone interviews, the questions were all the tech Q. Those were really easy. Then I quickly got an onsite interview from 1:30pm to 5:30pm to be interviewed by 5 engineers. 3 of them ask Tech questions which were easy to answer. Manager mainly ask me about the personality question. I did not give a good answer in the personality part.

Interview Questions

• how to solve setup violation? What the solution would impact on the other part of the design?
      how to deal with the SI issue?
      Clearly know about the calculation of setup time, or min clock period
      What is OCV on timing check?how to calculate? What is the CPPR?   3 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews with technical questions ranging from basic (setup/hold time) to advanced (design questions). First you interviewed with 2 team members and then the team lead. All questions were technical. Interview lasted 3 hours in total.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied on the company website and got a call about 3 weeks later. I was contacted by a HR executive first and then the interview was set up about a week later. The interviewer was the manager of the physical design team at NVIDIA. The interview started off with a brief intro of the team and their work, Then he asked a few questions on my projects and some basic VLSI concepts

Interview Questions

• Power gating, clock gating etc   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Send my resume and did a quiz in the career fair. Got an email asking to set up a phone interview about 7 weeks later. The second phone interview is setup very quickly after the first interview. 2 phone interviews so far. Do not know whether there will be an onsite for internship.

Interview Questions

• What's power gating and clock gating. Briefly explain setup time and hold time violation. Briefly describe what is physical design. Sequence Detector. And some questions about my project.   5 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

There was 45 min technical phone interview scheduled after I received invitation email from Nvidia. The interview starts with the interviewer talking about his group's responsibilities and general information about how different groups inside Nvidia interact with each other.

The questions remembered so far are:
    Setup time and hold time analysis: specify which part of a circuit contribute to the setup time or hold time violation?
    super buffer: given a load capacitance, how to size inverters so that the overall delay would be smallest?
    simple logic design: how to convert a two input nand gate into an inverter?
    ...
    can only remember these questions so far... good luck!

Interview Questions

• try to be crystal clear about setup time and hold time violation cases so that you can give quick answers to the interviewer...   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

You will get 2 or 3 phone interviews for one position. Those who performs good will be invited to on-site.
    The phone interview is not difficult, something like basic exam questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw a two-put NAND gate and size it, assuming the ratio of PMOS/NMOS is 2 in inverter. Then suppose two input are A and B for NMOS and PMOS. A is close to output and B is close to ground, input A change from 0 to 1 at t=t1, input B change from 0 to 1 at t =t1 (t1 > t0). Describe how the output change. Then input B changes from 0 to 1 first then input A changes from 0 to 1. Describe how the output changes. Are there any differences between these two scenarios?   4 Answers
    • How to modify a two-input NAND gate to an inverter?   4 Answers
    • You are give two flip-flops and there's an combination logic in between, the two flip-flops are driven by the same clock. You are provided with parameters of T_reg, T_logicmax, T_logicmin, T_setup, T_hold, etc. How to determine the cycle time and hold time of this circuits.   4 Answers
    • Draw an inverter. Then switch the position of NMOS and PMOS. Describe the circuit.   3 Answers
    • You are provided with one XOR gate, one OR gate and one NOR gate. Please build a NAND gate.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Bengaluru) in August 2013.

Interview

Had 3 interview. Also basics of physical design

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.