Opera Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 May 2019

3.2

Sort:

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

2 week process, three 30 min rounds per day. Start off with behavioral with a younger associate, then move on to manager or partner, then move on to the case portion which kind of catches you off guard because they will have you go over your resume again for the third time and then out of nowhere throw a case at you.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

First round interview began with two phone calls, each around 30 minutes. First was a business case dealing with churn and how to stop it for an online dating site. It involved some easy math and you had to talk about ways to stop churn and data you might want. The second was a fit interview, all pretty basic stuff, like why consulting, etc. In person interview about 2 weeks later. It consisted of 3 interviews, each about 45-60 minutes. First interview had some fit elements and a brief case about credit card fees and attrition. Second interview was a supply chain case (which was very confusing if you're not familiar with the terminology, and the interviewer was seemingly very pressed for time and really rushed me through it, which I think took away from the interview overall). Final interview was mostly fit with a brainteaser thrown in. Heard back from them about a month or so after my in person saying I was not going to be made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Supply chain case was confusing because of terminology used
      Credit card attrition
      Brainteaser   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview has 2 rounds. First is more of HR round where they ask questions on your resume. Also asked what are the features/type of population in airline industry. What are the problems.

Second interview was market sizing question where they asked how many swipes in a day in the NYC subway. Person helps you with the answer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What are the features of a population using plane.
      How many swipes in NYC subway in a day   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

University recruitment, a couple of months. Went really well, surprised that I didn't get the offer, but nobody I knew did either; maybe there weren't too many new projects that they could assign people to?

Interview Questions

• How many ATM Machines are there?   1 Answer

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview first, then one to one interview then a group interview. After that I did two more phone interviews.
    Then after 1 week, I got an offer. I renegotiated the offer with HR, and asked for sign up bonus.
    They got back to me 1 week later with a new offer which I accepted.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

total 2 rounds interview. First round is a 2 1:1 chat on the phone. Each is about 30min. Second round is on site consist 4 1:1 case study questions.

Vice President, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

My former CEO recommended me to the sales EVP. He passed me to their in-house recruiter in San Diego. Recruiter had me write several papers on how I would sell a product from my former company to Opera's clients. I don't think the paper was ever passed to Opera. Following week, I flew to NJ; met many dept heads. Thorough. Great visit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary and commission was actually very high, so I agreed that day.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Some higher up friend called me and asked me whether I was willing to come work for him. As I was referred by an employ who is working for him. Both were ex colleagues . They know my capabilities and work ethicness.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to come work for us   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy and straightforward

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Hiring for Services side of business mainly comes from annual on-campus interviews. Currently on-campus hiring is more skewed towards lower levels, BA and Associates. At least two rounds of interviews, 2-3 interviewers each round. Questions range from "Walk me through resume" to consulting style cases

Interview Questions

• Ex: "a recent client of mine had this problem______, how would you go about structuring your analysis, what solutions would you implement, and what would the business case be?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Simple offer and acceptance of start date

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews, one was a case interview. The people are very nice and have a interest in understanding what it is about you that would make you an asset to their organizations. Very broad questions give you the chance to make what you may of them and really just express whatever you want to share. Sometimes I felt maybe I was speaking more but they were very polite and friendly. The case was not tough but I had imagined it would be different than what I was given so I was off guard a little bit but worked into it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.