PNC Financial Services Group Technology Development Program Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 2.2K interviews

Recruiter8%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

PNC Financial Services Group

Application

I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview

I was prompted to answer a few questions about myself and my experience through HireVue. I moved onto the final round where I had two 30 minute interviews each with a different person.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe the importance of technology in the banking industry?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Nov 2021

Interview

I applied after hearing about the program at a career fair. About a month and a half later I received an e-mail inviting me to the Super day (virtual) which was being held the very next day, luckily I had no other conflicts. I had two interviews that were very laid back, the best interviews I have had throughout my job search. I was not asked any questions that were overly technical. Mostly getting to know me and assess whether I would be a good fit. About two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is the role of technology in banking?
1 person found this interview helpful

PNC Financial Services Group

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview

First round was a one way interview, standard introductory questions (i.e. tell us about yourself, why PNC?). About 2 weeks later, I got invited to Super Day where I had 2 25 minute interviews. Very standard. Heard back about 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why PNC Tell us about yourself What are some projects you have worked on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied in August and received a call in late September, I attended super day in October. There's a networking event and then interviews. We were told we would know within 2 weeks, when in reality PNC provided no information and gave a rejection call about a month later. I had reached out to others who had interviewed and have received no sort of update as well.

Interview Questions
  • How is PNC innovative compared to its competitors? What is a time you had to sell an idea? Tell me about yourself

PNC Financial Services Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group

Interview

It was pretty simple interview with the core knowledge of some programming knowledge will help you. I too had 3 interviews with 3 different people. The interviews were based on behaviour and technical questions. Might ask to code but they usually do not ask.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What are the programming languages you know? Q: How do you learn the languages and new technologies? Q: Some questions were on the projects I did and were on my resume. Q: Some questions were regarding the programming language I knew.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Nov 2018

Interview

Mandatory networking event in the evening before the interview. On the day of actual interview, one is with an HR and one is with a tech interviewer, but no tech question asked. Questions were focused on project management, collaboration/team work, and value-matching between company and person.

Interview Questions
  • If you are leading a project but seeming to go to miss a deadline, what will you do?

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in Nov 2018

Interview

I first sent in an application, and was contacted several weeks later about a phone interview. Throughout the phone interview the interviewer just asked me to talk about my resume, and we eventually just had a pretty casual conversation regarding our own personal lives. Really easy and relaxed discussion. I was then called several weeks later being invited to PNC Super Day. The super day was only six days from when I was called so it was a bit hectic to get ready. PNC offered to fly me there and also put me in a hotel and paid for all of my food, so that was really nice of them. The super day consisted first of a 2 hr social event where we all just walked around meeting employees and discussing their roles there. Definitely a great way to introduce yourself to your interviewers, I would highly recommend taking advantage of this time. The next day we sat in a small room with all of the other candidates and waited until it was our time to interview. There were two interviews with two different people. Both were pretty easy, there were still no technical questions, but some of the questions were a bit tougher than the phone interview. After we finished both interviews we were allowed to leave, but i stayed to eat lunch and talk to the Peer Hosts, or people currently in the new hire program. In conclusion, everyone was very nice throughout the entire process and I would recommend doing it simply for the experience.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to use new or state of the art technology in your studies, and how you were able to implement and cope with them.
  • Why PNC?