The Smart Cube Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Smart Cube Interview Questions

Interviews at The Smart Cube

3.2

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

They use a outside recruiter . Who will interview you and then pass you onto Part Owner/Managing Director/Sales Person in Chicago for a second interview. Then you will be passed to 2 of their sales people for additional interview and they will turn you back to the Owner for one of several late stage/final interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you convey value proposition when you don't know what customer wants or needs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their recruiter will ask you for paystub etc and then they base your package based on that. Decent base salary but bad commission rate and if you are used to strategic sales person that this is not a place for you.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (Noida) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial screening: Psychometric test
    First Round: A written test
    Second Round: Technical interview based on financial statements and macros happenings
    Third Round: HR Round to understand the job fitment and some personality based questions

Applied 364 Students
    Screening: 200 approx
    First Round: 14
    Second Round: 3 to 4
    Selected: 1

Financial Research Group interview are generally more rigorous than SSG group

Interview Questions

• Q1 ) Impact of fed rate rise and QE.
      What is operating twist.
      Impact of sales of asset on three financial statements.
      Key ratios to understand the solvency of the company
      How do you know the liquidity of a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (Mumbai) in November 2013.

Interview

First round was an aptitude test which also tested our finance knowledge if applying for financial domain. Then we had a group discussion for testing our communication skills.
    It was a two round process and the questions were only about Finance. The questions were related to valuation, accounts, corporate finance and some HR questions.

Interview Questions

• A few technical questions pertaining to valuation were tough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (New Delhi) in September 2018.

Interview

the three round interview consisted of a group discussion, guesstimate and case study. Then the last round was a HR interview and Personality check. Around 15 people got the offer

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (New Delhi) in February 2016.

Interview

it was good experience. the asked different puzzles and about the current affairs. interview was for an hour and it was conducted in three rounds - HR,TECHNICAL and Mixed. the interviewees were quite friendly and helped me understand the questions I dint know. they asked about the current happenings also about the top pharmaceutical companies in india.

Interview Questions

• who is kiran shaw mazumdar? what are the key points you will keep in mind before opening a pharmaceutical company?   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Interview

There were 3 stages of which first was to evaluate my profile second my knowledge third my fit into the team and the system.The process is easy but ensured to know what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Guess estimate questionson how many tv sets in indonesia, or how many bottles of bisleri sold in noida. The challenge is to seek methodology and thought process to initiate and then step by step proceed towards answer.   Answer Question

SSG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (Noida).

Interview

They held an AMCAT test in our university campus(for B.E).Some 600 gave the test.84 were shortlisted.
    ~20 for Data Analyst profile
    Rest for SSG profile
    We were called for "3 rounds of technical interviews" at their office in Noida at 9:00 AM on Monday.
    First round : Extempore .Any topic of your choice.
    Second round : Interview. Questions like :
    1-What is the difference between KFC and McD's marketing strategies?
    2-How many flower pots are sold in Delhi in a month etc
    Answered most of the questions but their selection criteria seemed quite vague.People who had excellent profiles and skills (both conversational and technical) were rejected.Some were made to wait the entire day and then all of a sudden ,without any interview, rejected.
    6 were selected.2 in DA profile.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult.Basic guesstimates and puzzles like the Three Bulb problem.   Answer Question

SSG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Smart Cube (Chandigarh) in August 2015.

Interview

Selection was a three stage process:-
    1)Written Test
    2)Extempore
    3)Interview
    About 70 students were short-listed after the test and extempore and then there were two sessions of interview one technical and one HR. The overall experience of the interview was quite decent the interviewers were very friendly and polite. The Technical round was based on guess estimate and case study while the HR round was about my personal background and the extra-curricular activities in which I was a part of.

Interview Questions

• A case study was given for the calculation of the ticket fare of an airline so as reach its break-even in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was great the panel was quite good in nature.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Smart Cube.

Interview

Written test followed by extempore.
    Two interview rounds - Second with VP.
    The questions depended on the profile you were applying for.
    Written test had general aptitude questions on quant and verbal.
    Extempore-Group of people were called to speak on the topic.

Interview Questions

• If airlines were to increase their revenue in the current scenario, what should their strategy be ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Smart Cube.

Interview

I applied online by contacting a random HR employee through linked in (firstname.lastname@companyname.com). HR immediately replied and called me for an assessment day kind of thing with about 30 other candidates.

Numerical and English Test, group discussion, followed by two case interviews. After each stage, half the number of candidates were asked to leave. I think 2-3 of us were selected finally.

Interview Questions

• How many dots are there in your tie? On a relative basis, this was perhaps the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was happy with the pay package - no negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.