Wiley Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Editor Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in April 2017.

Interview

Went through one phone screen with HR recruiter, then one phone interview with hiring manager. Both the hiring manager and recruiter were knowledgeable about the company and the position. Each seemed to go well and was very promising, then shortly after learned I was not moving forward in the process. No explanation or feedback given, so is disappointing and not very helpful. I did appreciate how quickly the process moved - recruiter was prompt to respond, gave accurate timelines and was generally pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A few standard questions, but most others were behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time..., how would you handle xyz..., etc.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wiley

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley in October 2014.

Interview

Applied, contacted by an agency 2 months later without receiving word along the way. Went for an interview 1 week later, was offered the job 1 week later. Not a well-oiled process at the start by the looks of it. The people I met made up for it though they are now gone with the restructuring that has been going on. Long and engaging interview with interesting questions about what you can bring to the role, not just a run of the mill "tell us a time when you were xx, followed by silence or looking down to jot things down", followed by a writing test.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous job, how I did there, transferable skills.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley in March 2010.

Interview

Wiley is all about knowledge and learning, so a real interest in your subject, and interest in personal development will stand you in good stead. Collaborative working is valued, so show you are a team player. Ability to positively impact on the business, and clarity on the benefit you bring will reap rewards, but be modest. This isn't a flashy company, the style is discreet and supportive.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the editorial team should be organised?   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be the most efficient way to acquire content in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. Grades quite set.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.