Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Applied for a summer intern and get an invitation from email. Video interview asked some basic questions about the reason for the application and why you interest in the company.

Society Acquisitions Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and went through a very short phone screening (scheduled for 15 minutes, but lasted only half that time). A couple of weeks later I was invited to a virtual interview with the U.S. and U.K. managers.

The overall experience was relaxed, going over the basics of the position and my qualifications. They mentioned that there was probably going to be a final round of interviews, but I was ultimately not invited.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized and ensure that you do not miss deadlines?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have with Excel? Have you used pivot tables?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a pretty relaxed, standard interview. They asked me questions about my strengths and weaknesses. My writing skills. How I would approach a conflict. The interviewer was really nice.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Messaged by Recruiter through LinkedIn. Video Interview. Phone Call. In - Person Interview. Got a Call the Following Day. New Hire Paperwork (Background Check). Started Two Weeks Following Interview.

(I do not have more words that glassdoor is requiring, that's why this is here)

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley in January 2020.

Interview

It was less than a week from when I initially applied to when I was contacted to conduct the computer prompted recorded interview.

Once passed that stage, I had a relatively relaxed phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes just going over my resume, why Wiley, and what I’m looking for.

Next round was an in-person interview with the supervisor and head of the department, one after the other. Both of them were super nice and the interview felt more like a conversation than a grilling. There was also a writing assessment that lasted about 30 minutes, but it can be completed before the time limit.

Lastly, there was a demonstration over Skype with basic instructions given via email and some time with the software to familiarize myself. The demonstration lasted about 20 minutes followed by a quick reflection.

The whole process took about 2 months. With a good amount of prep, the tasks were totally doable.

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The first step was a one way recorded video interview. It was pitched as: "a great way to get in front of the team before the formal interview process". Sure it is. HR sent a link to a portal where it asks about 5 questions and it records your responses via your webcam to be submitted for review by.....someone. This takes the place of an interview with an actual person - why should they be inconvenienced by real interaction when it's easier to treat you like a number in a cattle call?

After submitting the video there was a lot of....nothing, My follow up with HR resulted in the following:
    1. Video not yet reviewed it, but will be soon
    2. The "hiring leaders" have been out and they're just catching up (they're so darn busy!)
    3. After 1 month: There is a new Senior Director in place and we'll have input soon. (I thought the video was "a great way to get in front of the team", then we segued to "hiring leaders", but now it looks like it's really just 1 person?)
    4. A few more weeks pass, and I've forgotten about Wiley
    5. But then....an email from a different HR staffer, congratulating me for being selected to record a video interview !! You know, the one that I already completed. This was sent in error. Who could take these people seriously ? How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    6. And finally after 9 weeks after recording my audition, a rejection email.

The email said that they decided not to continue "After a thorough review of your background and skills" Yes, very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question
    • You're well behind on your goal for the quarter. Should you:
      a. Start calling a lot of people
      b. Develop a new process and strategy   Answer Question

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I interviewed twice (for 2 different positions). First Interview was on phone, followed by an in-person 1:1 with a test; then a 2nd 1:1. I didn't get the job and was notified by email. My Second application was by by an online interview, followed by an in-person 1:1 with no test. I never heard back since (to date, it has been 8 weeks with no status)

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

It was great process and I knew everything I needed to know at upfront. The panel were friendly enough to give me time to think and patient enough to listen what I have to say.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

After submitting my application I received an email to take an asynchronous video interview within the next 3 days. It was a little weird and almost didn't continue because of it. It ended up going well, questions were very straightforward. I was then invited to a 4 hour in-person interview. While the date was in the job description, I was only given one business day's notice that I was selected for it. Interviewed with 3 people and had a simple assessment. All went quite well and I thought I had it, with the exception of one person mentioning I appeared to be "overqualified." I followed up with a thank you note. HR rep quickly replied and said he'd get back with me as soon as a decision was made. Well, it's been over a month so I'm guessing this isn't going to happen. Please have the decency to communicate that to me after investing this much time.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an upset customer who has an urgent deadline and claims that we have been ignoring him/her?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited for a short online interview and then invited for an interview at their office in Hoboken. The interview was pleasant, not very challenging. The HR department was not involved with the process. They never contacted me afterwards. I was not very interested in the position after the interview, but I think that it is the right thing to do for a company to send an update to candidates interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.