Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Performance Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

There were different rounds of interview.

1. Telephonic technical interview.
    2. HR in person and technical in person
    3. Discussion with all heads of all departments. Total 6 directors.

Technical questions were mainly related to Performance testing, Concepts, process & methodologies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had negotiated on Salary and they agreed to increase that upto 7%.

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter based in the UK and we set up a phone interview. She went over my basic qualifications and said she would be reaching out to me soon to set up a meeting with the Hiring manager who was based in Medford, MA. I received an email from her within 24 hours asking me if I was available the next day for the second round interview. I asked for some alternative times/dates the next week since it was already Thursday and I had work commitments scheduled. I never heard back from her after that which was unprofessional and left me cold.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a easy process they asked me some random questions an I just answered them on what I knew it wasn't long before I got hired an it wasn't to hard

Network Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Nine interviews. Three different trips to the facility. They pay attention when they interview, making every attempt to retain the right person. Even had to plan and present a training for who would be my immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How long would you like to stay here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy

Web Designer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was almost five years ago and was probably the most involved process I had ever been a part of before. At the time the company was much smaller (400 employees) and I remember coming back on three different occasions to meet with several people individually. They use this peer approach where each person asks a series of questions of their own choice. It was a long process, but after I was hired I felt that because of the process I must be worth the time, and that was a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of Life?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received invitation for phone interview about a month later. No one ever called or followed up. Another month went by, someone different contacted me again for a phone interview, then set up an in person interview. Took weeks to secure the in office interview, had to take an SAT like online aptitude test prior to the in person interview. In person asked 10 pages of "tell us about a situation when....". Overall thought it went well and was told they would get back to me either way. Followed up with person i interviewed with and HR coordinator after the interview multiple times, never heard ANYTHING. No response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please complete online aptitude test (felt like i was taking the SAT)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (North Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Wiley first emailed requesting an online webcam interview as a brief intro interview, followed by face-to-face interview at the Indy location. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Overall, the experience was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your skillsets qualify for this position?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens a month apart. Then, two half-day back-to-back interview process with 10 people. You could sense that it was a dog and pony show to support an internal candidate. During my 4:15 slot with two interviewers, one of them packed up his stuff and left...10 min into the 30 min process. That person said, "Oop, it's now 4:25, it's time for me to leave."

Another interviewer started the interview by attempting to lecture me. The first thing he said was "Just to let you know..." Then he proceeded to use the remaining time to try to dig himself out of the hole. For the record, I am female and all but one interviewers are male. Most of them are condescending and did not take the interviews seriously. You could feel that they were there to make sure that the internal candidate got the job. One interviewer said he was concerned an external candidate would not have a good understanding of their IT environment. Wow, really?!?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume type of questions. Nothing specific.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by Wiley's recruiter then I was interviewed twice via Skype because I was not in the country at the time. After that I was hired by the company for a summer internship.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.