Zomato Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zomato.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I received email saying they wanted to interview me. Scheduled the interview a couple of days later. Interview took place online and was a good experience that HR rep was nice and asked a lot of questions about me personally and what changes I would make to Zomato. Asked me what I wanted to get paid.

Interview Questions

• A lot of specific question about what you would do as community manager.
      such as:
      How would you handle X situation?
      What would be the first thing you would do on the job?
      What do you like about Zomato?
      Do you think it would be OK to do ....?
      What do you think is Zomato's advantage?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zomato (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and then I had a Skype interview with a different recruiter a week later. Would have preferred a phone screen but their entire company is in India so it's probably not easy to call. Recruiter seemed unhappy or like I was wasting her time and it was obvious that she was not interested in pursuing it further. Got a "thanks but no thanks" email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Zomato and what do you think of it?   2 Answers
    • Specifically what would you do promote Zomato in your city without a budget?   1 Answer
    • What would you say to a restaurant that wanted you (as a community manager) to review them?   1 Answer
    • What salary are you looking for?   2 Answers
    • Are you comfortable working 6 days a week?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zomato in May 2015.

Interview

Came into the Seattle office for an interview. Walked the interviewer through my resume and it was pretty casual. More of a conversation rather than a standard interview. He asked pretty standard behavioral questions and tried to get a feel of how I would fit into their office culture.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced conflict?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zomato (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first round was about company basically for screening. They asked questions from the presentation they gave and some related to the company. The next round was gd followed by puzzle and sales pitch.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zomato in June 2015.

Interview

The interview began with them asking you about your background like basically just asking you to talk about your education and also important if you have gap years they would like to know why etc
    Also why you chose their company and also they want to know if you know about the job role and the description also mostly I think just to check your communication skills are intact with their company as you will be presenting them, if you do well here , you shoot to the next round

where they ask you to present a product
    And sell the product to them

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zomato (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Started out with a telephonic call and then on clearing that was called to an in person interview. Requisites allowed fresher's and people with a non background of sales to apply but on reaching the venue all the other candidates were hard core sales professionals with N number of years of experience. The interviee/HR was biased from the beginning and was uncomfortable in dealing with and could even be marked we rude in their approach. In the situation based questions, it was more of a grilling round than a test of abilities.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zomato (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

It was nothing great. Pretty standard questions. Most of the questions were about food.
     Also had a interview session with the hr after the main interview. Mostly asked questions about the notice period.

Product Designer Interview

Interview

The interview process was fine. Similar to any other company.

1. Phone Screening - Give a background about yourself and the kind of projects you have done.
    2. Portfolio review
    3. One-One interview with Design and PM

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the projects you have in your portfolio
      2. A mock whiteboard challenge - Problem with this challenge was that it was vague and broad.
      3. Critique an app that they give you   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zomato in December 2012.

Interview

First was introduction and behavioral round where they selected many candidates. Next, we had a group discussion (GD) where they selected very few students for the technical round. The topic of the GD was generic and required no special knowledge. I think the interviewees were looking for candidates for assertiveness and communication skills. In the technical round I was asked to sell my phone, this lasted for an hour. Final was an HR round with administrative questions.

Interview Questions

• How would sell you phone? Which project did you like the most etc   Answer Question

Content Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on Zomato.com and I had received an email for a Skype interview. After the interview I tried to follow up twice, but received no reply about the next steps in the process. Still have no idea if the position is still available. I wish that their communication was a little better.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach gathering information about a restaurant?   Answer Question

Zomato Response

30 Jun 2015 – Global Growth

Hello there, hope you're well.

So sorry this happened to you. Please give us a chance to make this right by sending us a quick email to care@zomato.com so we can find out what happened and get... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.