Network consulting engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Network consulting engineer Interview Questions

network consulting engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are MAC addresses?

1 Answer

For computers to identify each other on the data link layer, they need a MAC address (hardware address). All devices on a LAN must have a unique MAC address. A MAC address is a 48-bit (six octet) address burned into a network interface card. The first three octets (24 bits) of the MAC address indicate the vendor that manufactured the card. This is called the Organization Unique Identifier (OUI). The last three octets of the MAC address are the unique host address. An example of a MAC address is 00-80-C6-E7-9C-EF.

What is carrier sense multiple access collision detect (CSMA/CD)?

2 Answers

Why are manhole covers round?

2 Answers

Air crash GD.

None

Basics in networking

1 Answer

all relevant to current roles

1 Answer

Round 1 was split into 20 apti stuff , 10 problem solving stuff and 20 tech stuff, which further can be drilled down as 10 from Micropocessors , Networking etc and rest 10 from usual programming on C , C++ and Java Round 2 was basic technical round where in I was asked about the OSI Layers , Difference between routing and switching , MAC Addr and IP Addr , and explain the full process of how a packet is moved from source to destination including DNS Lookup , Routing protocols that I would suggest etc etc . I personally suggest "Computer Networking A top down approach" 6th Edition by Kurose and Ross would be the best book . Round 3 was the most rigorous HR round I have ever been in ; The panel consisted of 2 men ; Since this is for a role that Cisco would use to face a customer mostly they were all management oriented questions , The interviewer asked me a few tech questions until I ran out of answers and asked me what would I do If the same thing happens on a presentation with the customer . I was not confident enough to tell him I would ask some time and get back with the answers ASAP . The HR was just expecting a confident reply from me . so what I would suggest is to reply confidently even if you are with the wrong answer tell him that I am not sure of this answer but I will get back with the right ones ASAP . Never go for a HR round unexpectedly , stay cool , know when your turn would probably come and never panic or get nervous in an HR round . All your efforts on clearing the first few rounds would go to drain if you flunk in the Final HR Round . So whatever condition you are get back to normal , keep smiling & be confident and you can easily crack Cisco Systems for sure .. All the best ..!!

1)Regarding OSI model and TCP-IP model