Cover image for Citizens

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,391 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work life balance, health benefits(in 163 reviews)

• "Very good benefits as well as really good pay(in 161 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance is a challenge(in 97 reviews)

• "Must make sales goals every quarter(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Find your home at Citizens

18 Oct 2022 - Program Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here are my top 5 reasons for working at Citizens: 1) Effective and functional leadership and teams: Work is prioritized and optimized to ensure we have the resources to complete the work. Clear and effective lines of escalation help us resolve blockers quickly to keep work on track or reset expectations. 2) Our Credo - Customers, Colleagues, Community & Shareholders: We do our best for our customers, communities and each other. It's not just lip service. Citizens regularly recognizes colleagues who go above and beyond in each of these areas. 3) Career Paths and Growth Opportunities: We are growing and getting better all the time. I've been here since 2005 and we have continually improved our products, processes and management culture. I've had numerous opportunities to work on different initiatives that has broadened my experience. 4) Work Life Balance: Many of us go above and beyond when needed to get things done and conversely Citizens provides a lot of flexibility so I can take care of the priorities in my personal life. 5) Feel Supported: The work is hard sometimes but I feel supported by my team, partners and leadership when I really need it. It also feels great to help my colleagues and team when we have a real challenge to overcome.

Cons

Growing and getting better is messy. There are periods of time where there is too much to do and not enough time or conflicting priorities. That's going to happen its hard to avoid when you are growing and improving. What is great about Citizens is that we address these challenges head on and work together to figure out a path forward.

3 people found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thank you for leaving a review and for over 20 years at Citizens, wow! It's incredible to hear that you feel at home and appreciate the culture, growth opportunities, work life balance and more. It's our amazing colleagues like yourself who go above and beyond everyday that really make the difference here. Thanks for all you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

3 Jun 2022 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture. Flexible time.

Cons

Management not good. No promotions

Citizens Response

Thanks for leaving a review. It's great to hear that you feel supported with a flexible work schedule. Thank you for all you do!

3. Join the Citizens team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work with

1 Nov 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Always scope for learning - great team members

Cons

None that I think of

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you felt you were able to keep growing and learning during your time here. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 1.0

Nice

10 Oct 2022 - Business Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary for the position

Cons

Not good work culture in the office

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you are not completely enjoying your time with us. We encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 so that we can look into your concerns about office culture.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place for freshers

4 Sep 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

No Work life balance. Long working hours

Cons

Good for freshers. Latest technology

Citizens Response

We're glad you're enjoying learning about new technologies, but are sorry you aren't completely satisfied. We take all feedback under consideration and appreciate you sharing your view point with us.

7. 5.0

N/A

2 May 2022 - Java J2EE Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Physical presence, Extensive service, Benefit programs

Cons

Interest rates are not exceptional

Continue reading

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you appreciate the benefits we offer. We believe in providing benefits and programs that support our colleagues personally and professionally. Keep up the great work!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

16 Jul 2021 - Duty Medical Officer in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work here

Cons

Nil no more cons for me

Citizens Response

Thanks for your outstanding rating and high praise! You sure know how to make a company feel great! Have a fantastic day!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

project manager

2 Jun 2021 - Project Manager in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

good to work on this company

Cons

work pressure is very high

Continue reading
    10. 5.0

bricber

14 Aug 2020 - Solution Consultant in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work. Nice environment

Cons

Nothing. You can't get another good one.

11. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

17 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

depends on team which you got

Cons

depends on people your r working with

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,547 Reviews
    </>Embed

Citizens Reviews FAQs

Citizens has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 3,727 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Citizens to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Citizens employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Citizens. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

70% of Citizens employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Citizens 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Citizens Job Seekers