Citizens Reviews

3.6
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,012 Ratings
Pros
  • "But they still try to respect your work life balance(in 136 reviews)

• "They have a good benefits program(in 136 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be heavily focused on sales goals(in 122 reviews)

• "Upper management not really making their minds up about what they want(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great company

13 Mar 2021 - Personal Banker in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits support pay and manage my

Cons

Technology could definitely use an upgrade but they are working on it

Project Manager

Thank you for your great rating! We're always looking to provide programs and benefits that support our colleagues. We've also made a huge investment in digital technology to ensure we support you and our customers well into the future.

2. 5.0

bricber

14 Aug 2020 - Solution Consultant in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work. Nice environment

Cons

Nothing. You can't get another good one.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

17 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

depends on team which you got

Cons

depends on people your r working with

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Burnout

12 May 2021 - Mortgage Specialist in Glen Allen, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, Time off, Health insurance etc.

Cons

You will burn out quickly. Management lacks. The support needed for you to flourish and do your job properly is not there. Representatives will bring things to the attention of management that negatively impact customers and it is ignored, thus leaving the reps in a bind where the customers are extremely upset and take out their frustration with the bank on the reps. This is not a good look on the company in how they treat their employees or even their customers. You would be constantly running interference for this bank. The departments do not interact with each other nor do they provide pertinent information needed to assist customers properly. The systems are antiquated and barely work. The turn over rate is the highest I’ve ever seen in a call center. They are constantly hiring and it is definitely not due to increase in portfolio. People are quitting or moving to different departments to escape.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Opportunity to return to previous position

23 Apr 2021 - Appraisal Analyst III - 211786 Position in Glen Allen, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership quality, in this company, is unusual in my experience. Company focused, for the good of all, however, inspire a family-like culture.

Cons

Lack of flexibility for start and end times per day. Everyone starts at eight and ends at five. This lack of flexibility leads to mass incoming and outgoing for job site. A perpetual traffic jam in parking lot and elevator usage.

Project Manager

Thank you for your thorough analysis and for the high mark! We know that providing flexibility is so important today and have worked diligently to accommodate the work/life needs of every colleague. We wish you continued career success!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture and Support

10 May 2021 - Vice President in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upgrading technology to better support our day-to-day jobs The culture is great, good mix of newbies and veterans Beautiful new campus in RI with lots of amenities Good pay and PTO

Cons

No real on-boarding, learn by asking a lot of questions - I felt this was hard during the pandemic I feel a bit anxious to go back to work and we're being asked to do this by June 1 - seems way too soon and not that much empathy from leadership

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

16 May 2021 - Business Relationship Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work in Mass

Cons

Good place with the most branches in MA

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Organization

10 May 2021 - Communications Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Citizens is an innovative organization that supports colleagues throughout their individual career journeys and helps them thrive. The positive working environment makes you feel like you are amongst family while the organization's vision and mission allows you to continuously develop and improve. If you are looking for a company that makes you feel valued and wants your voice to be heard, you should absolutely consider Citizens.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Threw me away

30 Apr 2021 - Licensed Banker in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Citizens bank is a great bank to work for if you’re a hard worker and come with experience. Their training is pretty extensive for the size of the bank.

Cons

They hired me based on me passing all of my licensing exams…only allowing me to move on if I got a 65 or better. FINRA allows people who fail to retake the exam. I failed my first exam and they didn’t help me find a new position and I lost my job

Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. If you'd like to share more so that we can look into your concerns, please contact the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or our anonymous alert line Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Citizens Bank

14 May 2021 - Senior Project Manager in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room to advance and grow professionally. Excellent Benefits

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge. Senior Management can be challenging as they don't see the day to day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,660 Reviews