74% would recommend to a friend
(41973 total reviews)
88% approve of CEO
What people are saying about KPMG
Big 4 Discussions!
a year ago
Hi all, I recently joined a Big4 org. For more than a month now, I am only attending project calls where mostly, I am a silent listener as I am one who jumped in between ongoing work. Consequently, I am filling the bench code in timesheets. Is it normal? Or Do I need to take steps on my own so that someone add me to the project. Can anyone suggest? Thanks! Kmpg KPMG India Deloitte EY PwC
a year ago
Hello Everyone, I got offers from EY GDS and KMPG KGS, I'm really confused about joining. Please help me understand which firm will be a better fit in terms of work culture, learning opportunities, and good benefits (hike, other services)? EY GDS- Senior Associate - Account Management CoE KMPG KGS- Associate Consultant in Capability Hubs- Research-G&S-MI MRS
a year ago
Hi, I have 4 years of experience (non Big4 firms) in technology consulting domain. Recently, I have received an offer from PwC India for a designation of Sr. Associate. I have been offered a package of 15.5LPA+performance bonus. Is the compensation offered appropriate in the current market standards? PwC Big4 Consultant Engineering, Inc. Techonlogy consultancy Tata Consultancy Deloitte Kmpg EY
Got a burning question about KPMG? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with KPMG employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and will go above and beyond if you ask for their help." (in 3112 reviews)
- "Overall culture is good with active CSR activities and other events taking place in the organisation regularly." (in 1806 reviews)
- "Great place to start a career as a newly minted graduate / Good benefits & vacation" (in 1249 reviews)
- "It is a stable and predictable place to work full of friendly colleagues spread all over the world." (in 1226 reviews)
- "The team is great and there are many out of office activities all year round." (in 861 reviews)
- "Some days there are no work life balance but that's the nature of being in consultancy!" (in 4189 reviews)
- "Long hours each day and need to work weekends (never know what time you'll get off work)" (in 2939 reviews)
- "Very low salary increases for the last 3 years (less than 8% irrespective of rating and promotion)" (in 1986 reviews)
- "Very late working hours during busy season can up to 2" (in 1886 reviews)
- "You pay your way to the top by hard work and low pay at the bottom." (in 1547 reviews)
Found 41,973 of over 60T reviews
Updated 3 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.013 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPune
You want to be a part of big 4? go ahead, enjoy all the consulting work. If you want to work day and night, all you need is this place. Learning is good only if you get the chance to work on multiple domain projects.
1. No work life balance if you're part of consulting, and it will absolutely ruin your personal life. 2. You may feel the compensation is fairly less than the work you're doing. 3. If you are a techie, you'll absolutely hate it here as there is no structure of anything and projects run on absolutely without any planning. 4. If you are an experienced BA coming from an IT background, think twice. You may not have the independence or the analyst's work at all. 5. Massive corporate politics, which in the beginning you may not understand at all. Gradually you will find out there are partialities to allocate projects and preferences. Even though there are people sitting without any work, they are not involved in actual work 6. Ill behavior of seniors is a very common thing, if you get used to it, things will become better for you. If you can't, I guess you'll be looking other options. Summarizing everything I said, if you are a techie or working in the tech side, DO NOT think about joining here as your career will meet a dead end.6
- 5.029 Nov 2023AnalystFormer EmployeeGurgaon, Haryana
Working at KPMG, one of the Big Four accounting firms, can offer several advantages and opportunities. Here are some potential pros to working at KPMG:
Global Presence: KPMG is a global network of firms, providing employees with opportunities to work on international projects and collaborate with professionals from different countries. This global exposure can enrich your professional experience. Diverse Range of Services: KPMG offers a wide array of services, including audit, tax, advisory, and consulting services. This diversity allows employees to explore different areas of expertise and develop a well-rounded skill set.
- 2.029 Nov 2023ConsultantFormer Employee
Flexi working hours, Learning new technology
Work culture is not good, you have to work ever in weekend or u r on leave,during production data load they expect to work for 24/7. Politics will be there. Who ever close to them they will put directly on project else for other we have to undergo client interview process and all.
- 3.024 Sept 2023Senior Audit AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGurgaon, Haryana
Culture of organization is excellent , They treat you with respect. it is far better than any other Big 4 dealing in Global Client , Most of people who come to KGS from other organization tell us about this difference. Rest is dependent on type of team you get allocated. US,UK Netherlands, Channel Island etc.
There is lack of skill development in most team , Some of my friend finding it difficult to change due to lack of Skill after working 2-3 years. If you want to learn then TBH Big 4 are not recommended, Since you can join Big 4 whenever in your career but once you join them in early stages of your learning, then that can put you in position where you can rarely go to other places where there is more exciting and intellectually stimulating work. These places can be seen as places you come after your qualification or you have spend some 1-2 year in struggling somewhere else, its not you are not going to struggle here , you will but that would be less beneficial as compared to other organization like BDO, RSM or any small firm. Salary is peanuts compare to other organization. Specially if you join as fresher.1
- 4.02 Dec 2023Senior ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsHyderābād
Great learning, diversity of projects, adequate professional challenge, Partners are usually competent
Limited instances of culture issues within certain teams only
- 4.020 Nov 2023Assosciate 2Current Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Good leave policy with 2 mandatory vacation per year during July and December Reasonable pay with good hikes and bonus of minimum 10% every year. Salary structure is better compared to other IT companies, it is like basic+ (basic -PF contribution) as allowance whereas in other IT gaints provide low basic pay and increased allowance & variable pay which doesn't reflect in employer PF contribution
Career growth is slow here
- 4.01 Dec 2023Associate ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Good work culture, Team Support, Good Projects, Learning Opportunity
Everything is fine for me.
- 4.01 Dec 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Timely salary, maternity benefits, insurance coverage for family members
work-life balance, managers may not be appreciative of work
KPMG Reviews FAQs
KPMG has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 59,675 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at KPMG to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
74% of KPMG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated KPMG 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.