Pepper Square Reviews

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Employer That Values Employees

21 Jan 2021 - Growth Catalyst in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture at Pepper Square is best. Work environment is calm and relaxed. The team is supportive and encouraging. Enjoy yummy organic food in lunch every Thursday. Learn a lot of professional experience through proper timely and valued guidance.

Cons

Nothing to mention . No experience as such.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Our team is one of the most humble and nimble teams I have come across especially when it comes to helping each other and listening to our clients patiently and solving their problems. These are some of the core foundation pillars of our culture at Pepper Square. I am happy you enjoyed the Organic Thursday Lunch, sadly because of the COVID we are not cooking but would love to start soon. As you have experienced you know how hard we try to identify and appreciate people's effort. Now with GetThingsDone.io we are able to track people's value add instantly and it is used at the time of Performance Appraisal. Thank you for your feedback stay safe and focus on your health. Muki

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company that will build a strong career foundation in your twenties

15 May 2020 - UI/User Experience Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. They will give you opportunities, empower you to grow at work and personally as well. I started my career here and I have seen myself growing in the two-year span. 2. As a female employee, living alone in a big city. I personally felt so safe working here. The management makes sure about the safety of there employees. 3. They care about the work-life balance. 4. The company has a vision and it keeps re-inventing itself to work towards the goals. 5. One of the rare companies where the Founder and the COO of the company will sit with you one on one and not just give their valuable feedback but takes your feedback as well for what they can improve in the system. 6. They know the importance of workplace hygiene and they keep it clean. 7. Thursday lunches are a bonus!

Cons

The company should organize more fun activities so the employees get to know each other better and engage more.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, At this difficult and most challenging time of COVID-19, your honest feedback gave me the confidence to take Pepper Square forward and also find solutions to the areas we need to improve. I am so happy to hear that you felt safe. From the day I started the company and till the last day our founding member Jyothi was alive, one of the important topics we both discussed was people's safety. Safety supersedes everything. Do you know that the first 5 years of your career are the foundation years and whatever you learn and do in these 5 years stays for the rest of your career? Your feedback on re-inventing is so apt not only for Pepper Square but at an individual level too. Nilesh and I try our best to train and mentor everyone. We want to spend more time empowering people on a large scale. This will help increase the skill level of young Indians like you. Because of COVID-19 everyone is trying to keep things clean (Which is a welcome change) but we have been extremely particular about hygiene and I am happy you recognized. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful feedback and focus on your health and live joyfully. Muki

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

casual environment yet serious at work

3 May 2019 - UI-UX Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1)The office has a friendly environment with great peers to work with. 2)I find that most of them are approachable and experienced people take a lot of time to train and coach new employees. 3)Gives opportunity to speak/meet directly with clients if you prove yourself. 4)They lay a lot of emphasis on the culture of the company. 5)Can work from home if needed. 6) The hike will be awesome if you delivered nice work to the clients or added value to the company.

Cons

there might be the occasional crazy day with high demands or tight deadlines. (yet free food will be served on those days. Yeeeeahhhhhh)

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your honest feedback. I take all your feedback as is and will focus on working on it. I have given emphasis on happiness at work cuz that is what very few companies focus. I am happy to know that you are able to experience. Thank you.

4. 5.0

Fortunate to be a part of Pepper Square

6 Oct 2018 - Lead, User Experience/UI Engineering in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is one of the early days of monsoon, I walked in to Pepper Square for my interview and that day changed my life, became a part of Pepper Square. Now, I've been working with Pepper Square for more than three years. The most interesting part of this company is that you don't just learn about work but you learn about life, Health, Leader ship. Fell in love with company's culture and Environment. The positivity in office will make you grow, Muki(Founder) has been an inspiration which helped me improve my life and work through out these years. I got to work with best of the best projects that extended my work horizon as well.

Cons

No Cons as of now

Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback and i am happy you are happy working at Pepper Square. The company is what each one of us make it to be. There is so much each one of us can do when we realize our full potential. I recommend you to go the next level of your career at Pepper Square and help our clients vision come true. That will make them shine and you. Anything perfect is dead and we must evolve everyday and not stay the same. *smiles* Health, Joy and Adventure

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

"Amazing Experience to be a part of Pepper Square"

6 May 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Good & Healthy culture. 2) Positive and clean environment. 3) Good place to learn for a fresher. 4) Training and mentoring from Founder on health and happiness. 5) Team of creative minds. 6) Salary comes on or before time. 7) Supportive colleagues.

Cons

Nothing to mention . No experience as such.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Brilliant feedback and you brought a smile on my face. You are right we need to work on having more fun activities. Hope you had one few days ago. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work "Fun and Friendly Environment"

6 May 2019 - Software Engineer, User Experience & UI in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great exposure and opportunity to work on various projects with a good learning curve. 2. Work life balance. 3. Personal and Professional Growth. 4. Friendly and positive environment. 5. Continuous career development. 6. Good leads will help you to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

Introduce yearly variable pay/bonus as a part of employee benefit program.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback and all the help you have done. I agree that we should introduce variable pay. That is one of the best way to take Pepper Square forward.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Can start your career but not for Long run

23 May 2019 - Web Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Environment and culture is good.

Cons

No Job security,they can fire you any time without any reason.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback. Good work environment and culture is possible when there is defined work process, happy people, leadership and career opportunities. So your point of firing someone without any reason is not validated by your own comments. Hiring is so hard today and firing is 10 times harder. We may be one of the few companies in the world (Small company) where we have reasons documented from day one on why we have to let go of some people. Unfortunately we have to let go off some people, it is just like the way people leave us. It is a good thing for you and the company. So that you can find a better opportunity and do well in your life. Everyone is requested to participate in an exit interview and even you must have shared your honest feedback after getting the relieving letter. Tell me how many companies in the world will ask your feedback after you have received your relieving letter. That should say something about our work culture. Thank you

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

In Pepper Square, I have learned everything that they don’t teach you at school and colleges.

1 Dec 2017 - Senior Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning is a never ending process and when it comes to Pepper Square, I believe it is one of the best place to learn. I have worked on all kinds of projects, met various customers and collaborated with a creative bunch of folks. The Entrepreneur culture at Pepper Square gives you the creative freedom that you are looking for. The friendly environment makes the company extremely positive place to work. The culture here let you experiment and push your talents as far as you can go. You’ll be surprised to know that you are working in an environment that people want to be a part of. It is a lovable company with a mix of exciting and challenging projects with employee satisfaction at the same time. I have rarely seen companies talking about personal growth. This is one of those places where every day is one more step towards professional as well as personal growth.

Cons

Company should focus on marketing the brand more.

Founder & CEO

Dear friend, I am so happy that you are enjoying and learning many things everyday. The entrepreneur culture is something i have tried so hard to bring it here and i see it working well. It is all about risk taking and having a great attitude to achieve what you have always dreamt about. We do have a long way to go and i want everyone to travel and experience and work with our clients globally. It is beginning to happen often these days and i am happy. Wishing you best and stay healthy and joyful. Muki

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and learn about the essence of life!

26 Nov 2017 - Digital Marketing Analyst in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

When i joined pepper square a year back and i got to know about the true meaning of life! Life is beautiful when like minded people come together and work hard as a family to achieve goals and help others to do better in their life. I have learnt so many things from our CEO whether it is about work, health or any other thing, he always push and motivate each and every person at pepper square and try to help them in every way possible to achieve their desires. I couldn't think of a better place to work than pepper square.

Cons

We should have more fun activities on monthly basis at office rather than quarterly like our regular outdoor games sessions, trips, birthday parties etc.

Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your honest feedback and i am really happy that you are interested in our sessions about health and joyful living. This is very close to my heart. It is a good point and we should do fun activities every month and i have already discussed about it with the team and will start soon. Your advice is so apt and we are beginning to work on it. Wishing you best in everything you do. Muki

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing place to work!

25 Jan 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pepper Square is one of the highly ethical & best places to work. I have learnt so much there, Sharing few of my learnings out of many: a) How focusing on detail orientation adds value to our work b) How effective communication saves time c) How maintaining transparency (Correct or wrong) in work builds our personality d) I have become more organised person in life after joining Pepper Square, considering the fact that i was one of the most un - organised persons before joining Surprising fact is Muki himself sits and teach where in other companies people rush to get the work done somehow. I always always owe Muki for teaching the basics of life and giving us opportunity to learn at company's cost. I feel so good when i think i know a place called Pepper Square and Person like Muki.

Cons

I get exhausted looking at Muki's level of patience.

Founder & CEO

Dear Friend, You have summarized what one must learn in life in order to shine. Detail orientation is lost in India in the last 500 years. We have become followers. I strongly feel that the current generations is courageous and breaking the rules and belief system. This is a new beginning of this great ancient country. I was very short tempered and even now my biggest weakness is getting upset too quickly. But in the last 2 years my 16 years old daughter Disha who fought with Cancer and died has taught me what is life and patience. I owe this feedback to her and without her i wouldn't have come forward 5% to where i am today. Thank you for your kind feedback and wishing you a great time at Pepper Square. The CEO job is open. Muki

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews