Pepper Square Reviews

Tech India

1d

an

Architect

I told np 60 days and getting an offer soon. My real np is 90 days.what can I say now?

51 Comments

Tech India

131.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Pepper Square~531803
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work Culture

Sep 12, 2022 - Associate in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. There are no more Monday blues if you are part of Pepper Square. Since every Monday we will have new tasks and challenges which will help us come to the office with a lot of enthusiasm. 2. Wellness is a top priority at pepper square. 3. Upskill yourself by 10X with the mentorship you get here. 4. Lunch provided at Pepper Square is an add-on bonus it's organic and healthy on top of it's really yum. 5. Overall getting a

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons as of now.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Be a part of something GREAT

Aug 26, 2022 - Ui\Ux Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, great team, enthusiastic workforce, Great culture with flat hierarchy, the Best part is the organic food they serve.

Cons

Can't see any, It's the perfect place to start.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the Best Place to work

Jul 26, 2022 - Senior QA Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with. Tremendous respect and admiration for the CEO. Very supportive environment that treats it's employees with respect and encourages everyone to have a balanced lifestyle.

Cons

None I can think of .

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback and your work for Pepper Square. We have a long way to go, and we need to keep improving; we are learning every day, and the learning should never stop. I firmly believe that people can't be managed that is why we call our People team "People Experience" cuz life is all about experiences. What you have experienced is reflected through your words. Focus on eating well and taking care of your body. Muki

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place for experienced

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive working environment. Clean ambiance.

Cons

Sometimes treated badly by the manager.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback, and my trust would have increased multifold on your feedback if you had specified your job role. I am surprised that you have been treated badly by the manager. If you have been a full-time employee for the last three years, then I am doubly surprised by your feedback cuz it is not justifiable or evidence-driven. Cuz we don't have a single manager at Pepper Square for the last seven years. Even if you were treated badly by anyone, you could have reached out to our People Experience team or the leadership, or you could have spoken to me cuz I ask for feedback from every employee and listen to every single person's feedback and when needed get it fixed. If you are comfortable, feel free to reach out to me. Wishing you the best and focus on your health. Muki

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pepper Square has helped me LEARN and GROW at the same time!

Mar 24, 2022 - Client Success Specialist in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. At Pepper Square, each employee is considered an ASSET, and it is made clear that the employee growth is beneficial to both the company and self. 2. HEALTH and well-being of an employee are given the top priority. 3. POSITIVITY is infused into Pepper Square culture. 4. Opportunity to work with TOP-THOUGHT leaders. 5. Great co-workers. 6. I could see many positive changes in my professional growth and personal well-being. 7. At last, I take a bet; nowhere will you get the delicious, organic meal served at Pepper Square.

Cons

Personally, I don't see any cons.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Your feedback on "Advice to Management" brought a smile. I have been told this many times earlier. 98% of the time in the world, the work has been all about GO GO GO, achieving your dreams, and earning profit at the end lose yourself. I am against this approach cuz "Work is Part of Life, not life itself." Pepper Square's culture revolves around many of these philosophies of wellness. That is why people like you are able to speak your heart and also live your life and do well in your professional career. I would rather say that we all should come together as one group and learn to live life in totality. This requires constant learning and removing the bias that comes from our past knowledge. Even anyone who can achieve this by 25% will surely see a remarkable change in their life. It's important for all of us at Pepper Square to climb the same mountain so that we reach the peak and enjoy the journey together. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and it made me feel good that we are going in the right direction. Live Life Muki

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect place to learn

Mar 17, 2022 - UX-UI Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work quality is excellent @ Pepper Square whether it's a website/mobile app or any graphic related work. They know how to optimise the available resources. They know how to get the BEST out of you. They understand the strength & weakness of every individual with respect to work & helps them to constantly work on weakness so as to convert it into an area of strength. The best part of working @ Pepper Square is that it will be never be monotonous. You will be challenged enough which means you have to upgrade your skill level constantly. You will be exposed to different types of work. They won't restrict you to any specific task. That's why, you'll learn more and more. They will give you great opportunities with respect to work but as an employee, it's our responsibility to make the most of it. They also provide well maintained working resources (laptop & other needed accessories). It's a very organised setup in every department whether it's HR/IT/Development/Design/Finance. You will get timely help with respect to HR/IT whenever needed which many companies lack. It was my pleasure working for Pepper Square.

Cons

There are no specific cons as such.

2 people found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback. Your feedback adds immense satisfaction to the work we do. I started Pepper Square after losing my job in the US on 9/11. Hardly few companies focused on employees in early 2000, rather it was all about clients and customers. The culture you have been part of is wellness driven and that's why our foundation is solid. It is not just profit-driven. People are our only asset, when companies start taking care of their employees then everyone flourishes. Muki

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive work culture

Mar 19, 2022 - UI & User Experience Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a designer, looking for a great start, and want to change your life, THIS IS THE PLACE. I'm proud to work in Pepper Square because: I get a friendly work environment and a fair chance to explore and implement my creativity through design. As a newbie, I had a great start. I see myself growing personally and professionally. I get to coordinate with each and everyone from the design team. Helps me in understanding the way they think about the problems and solutions in design. People are smart, collaborative and most of all they are willing to share. You don't get such easy access and support. We get world-class meals that are super healthy, super hygienic, and made with organic ingredients.

Cons

It's been a while working in Pepper Square and I haven’t seen any downside. Hope (and I’m sure) it’ll remain the same.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your wonderful heartfelt thoughts and suggestions. Our founder director Jyothi Kiran used to say "Pepper Square is the story of each one of us. As we evolve, we build a better company inch by inch with your name on it." Jyothi's thoughts are the cornerstone of our culture. What brings us together is not just the work but the relationship we build as one group and learning from each other intelligence. This is the essence that makes us thrive even after 19 years. We are creating interactive videos to train everyone so that they can learn many skills and understand life. We are using a Learning Management System to help everyone learn on the go. The food is gonna get better every week. Share your thoughts with the People Experience team. Live life Muki

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Better than the best

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing projects to work on Tremendous learning opportunities Great team Constructive criticism Immense energy at the workplace Constant growth Equal opportunity provider I have been working with Pepper Square for about a few months now and the journey has been phenomenal. There are ample growth opportunities and constant learning, which I have not seen anywhere in a decade of my career. The senior management is extremely supportive, as are the colleagues. We work as a team, collaborating on various projects on a day-to-day basis. There is never a dull moment at work, and the energy is nothing but positive. The culture is exceptional, with everyone putting their best foot forward and supporting each other. I highly recommend Pepper Square for anyone who wants to learn, grow and also understand the meaning of health and happiness.

Cons

None I can think of

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Thank you for your feedback. It is each one of you who makes it happen. As you know there is no one to come and breathe on your neck. It is up to the individual to learn and be a high performer. Everyone must understand the freedom available and work with ownership.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Employer That Values Employees

Jan 21, 2021 - Growth Catalyst in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work culture at Pepper Square is best. Work environment is calm and relaxed. The team is supportive and encouraging. Enjoy yummy organic food in lunch every Thursday. Learn a lot of professional experience through proper timely and valued guidance.

Cons

Nothing to mention . No experience as such.

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, Our team is one of the most humble and nimble teams I have come across especially when it comes to helping each other and listening to our clients patiently and solving their problems. These are some of the core foundation pillars of our culture at Pepper Square. I am happy you enjoyed the Organic Thursday Lunch, sadly because of the COVID we are not cooking but would love to start soon. As you have experienced you know how hard we try to identify and appreciate people's effort. Now with GetThingsDone.io we are able to track people's value add instantly and it is used at the time of Performance Appraisal. Thank you for your feedback stay safe and focus on your health. Muki

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company that will build a strong career foundation in your twenties

May 15, 2020 - UI/User Experience Designer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. They will give you opportunities, empower you to grow at work and personally as well. I started my career here and I have seen myself growing in the two-year span. 2. As a female employee, living alone in a big city. I personally felt so safe working here. The management makes sure about the safety of there employees. 3. They care about the work-life balance. 4. The company has a vision and it keeps re-inventing itself to work towards the goals. 5. One of the rare companies where the Founder and the COO of the company will sit with you one on one and not just give their valuable feedback but takes your feedback as well for what they can improve in the system. 6. They know the importance of workplace hygiene and they keep it clean. 7. Thursday lunches are a bonus!

Cons

The company should organize more fun activities so the employees get to know each other better and engage more.

2 people found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

Dear Friend, At this difficult and most challenging time of COVID-19, your honest feedback gave me the confidence to take Pepper Square forward and also find solutions to the areas we need to improve. I am so happy to hear that you felt safe. From the day I started the company and till the last day our founding member Jyothi was alive, one of the important topics we both discussed was people's safety. Safety supersedes everything. Do you know that the first 5 years of your career are the foundation years and whatever you learn and do in these 5 years stays for the rest of your career? Your feedback on re-inventing is so apt not only for Pepper Square but at an individual level too. Nilesh and I try our best to train and mentor everyone. We want to spend more time empowering people on a large scale. This will help increase the skill level of young Indians like you. Because of COVID-19 everyone is trying to keep things clean (Which is a welcome change) but we have been extremely particular about hygiene and I am happy you recognized. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful feedback and focus on your health and live joyfully. Muki

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews

Pepper Square Reviews FAQs

Pepper Square has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 39 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Pepper Square to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pepper Square employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pepper Square. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

94% of Pepper Square employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pepper Square 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Pepper Square Job Seekers