DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

Character TD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position in Vancouver BC, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. The interview was on Skype and very straightforward. They looked at my reel with me and asked questions about my experience and interests. I was rejected about a month later, they wanted someone with more experience than me.

R&D Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG in June 2017.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter directly and heard back from them 4 weeks later. They first set up a basic screen. I must have passed the screen because they told me they'd send through a technical test shortly. However I would not recieve it for another 3 weeks. I took the technical test within the week, but ( due to various schedualing conflicts on their side ) I didn't get an interview with my potential supervisor for another week. I thought that went well and was not asked any technical questions, but they would turn me down a week and a half later because I somehow "lacked technical depth". I taught PhD students at Stanford. So, yes, you can easily figure out who this is. So I conclude they just didn't like that I didn't tell them what they wanted in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on right now? ... Wait ... You're moving on?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial interview was very casual and informal. The HR person and line manager were very friendly. The interview was competency based, we talked through CV. They talked more about the role and company culture and looked for responses on my related experience.
    Double Negative arranged the interview by email. The interview was about 45 minutes.

Internal Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three steps: hr interview, development test (practical knowledge, not a theory), interview with a manager and dev lead. The interview was held remotely, so was not as stressful. There was enough time for a test completion. Communication process was very well organised.

Interview Questions

• Were you working in tough deadlines? How did you cope with them?   Answer Question

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I saw an offer in Linkedin that they was looking for creature/ character artist and I apply.
    I have an Email for a first interview with Recruiter after apply online for the role.
    The interview was easy, about who am I , what I'm looking for, the projects that they have and in few days second interview with head of department and HR, more or less the same questions, the guy was nice and the questions easy. Offer in few days.

They contacting me with a offer a bit low that I was asking for but I accept it.

Interview Questions

• experience and most challenging project   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was hunted down at first, had a short email introduction and questionnaire.
    Then an on site interview where they pulled out all the stops and carrots.
    Then i heard nothing for many months even after emailing to try and find out why everything stalled. Then out of the blue got an email asking if i was still interested and i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at dneg.
      Are you comfortable with moving locations.
      Rest are standard questions regarding reel and CV.   1 Answer

Systems Technician Interview

Interview

Took to weeks to get in touch, organised a skype interview. Had a talk to a few department leads and recruiter. A bit of discussion about relocation. After that, I never heard from them again.

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The date of the interview was appointed by e-mail

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   2 Answers
    • Tell us more about your experience, last projects, and career.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

HR discussion, followed by Codility coding test and on site interview.

Enjoyed the interview on site - very nice discussion.

Unfortunately was ghosted without a follow up of any kind - which is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.