FactSet Client Solutions Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Client Solutions Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.9

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

office information session day before interview, in person interview, 2 hour interview with 4 different people plus a demo by a 5th party (had to prepare a 10 minute presentation for the 2nd interview without the use of powerpoint)

Interview Questions

• what would you look at to determine if you would invest in a company   1 Answer
  • questions about the presentation given   Answer Question
  • why factset vs other fintech competitors   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, was contacted within the next week for a Skype interview with an HR person. We discussed my resume, the role I was applying for, and some basic financial questions. I then was contacted to interview in person with the team/office I applied to. It was a four hour day of various interviews and tasks among other candidates, but ended with them taking us out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Looking at charts with information about various securities and analyzing to produce a basic financial outcome. (Would you invest in this sector, which is the most volatile, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a video chat with a worker at FactSet and then was flown out for an in-person interview that consisted of 4 individual interviews and one group interview.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied on Handshake and had an on campus interview after two weeks of applying. The on campus interview was more behavioral questions, getting to know my personality as I was getting to know the employees of the company. A week later I was invited to go into Boston for the Superday . The Superday was a month later and was from 830-130pm (it sounds like a lot but it's not). I had four interviews and then the rest of the time was meeting with current associates.

Interview Questions

• What was the last thing you purchased and now give me an elevator pitch of why I should buy this product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

There was four 45-minute interviews as well as a group exercise. The managers interviewing were all very nice. There was an excel test, presentation, reading comprehension exercise, and market knowledge questions.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2019.

Interview

I'm not going to get too detailed into the interview process for the Client Solutions Associate position (in the U.S.) as there are a lot of reviews on this website that are very accurate. At the very least FactSet is repeatable and consistent. My process was the following:
    1.) Submitted my resume at a career fair at my alma mater (I was an experienced professional looking for a change).
    2.) 30-Minute phone screen with HR representative.
    3.) Pre-Onsite skills test (testing basic analogies, reading comprehension and data analysis)
    3.) On-site interview consisting of a short demonstration then a rotation through various managers who asked behavioral questions, performed an excel test or rather your ability to brief how to do something in excel, asked questions based on a financial datasheet and had you present a topic of interest. The presentation on the topic of interest was something you were told about in advance and could prepare. The day ended with a group exercise where all of the candidates interviewing that day had to prioritize a list of items and present their choices/why. There was a lunch with a couple of consultants as well.
    I originally accepted an offer that I had to withdraw from due to personal reasons. However, I wanted to discuss the background check process following acceptance of an offer. FactSet runs a very thorough background check probably because they are a financial company. They will run a federal check, state check and check local counties that you have lived in. Additionally, they will run a DMV check on your driving history, so all criminal and driving related offenses will be available to them. I was asked to make a statement about a couple of careless driving offenses over the past 6 years as well as a recent non-violent misdemeanor. I believe I successfully mitigated those items as I received future correspondences about my start date, but I was never notified explicitly that those offenses were okay. It's good, however that they allow candidates an opportunity to explain previous negative events although that may be required by law.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I had a first round interview at my school. I was expecting basic questions but I got asked harder ones during the first round I assume because I had an investment banking internship and after speaking about that I was further asked to explain some financial terms. Second round interview is the last interview which is a super day. First, you take an online brain teaser test. The day consisted of a welcome and introduction to FactSet. I was then shown around the office and then had 4 30 minute back to back interviews. One of these interviews also consists of a coding test. They present you with a FactSet code and you have to interpret it, fairly easy. In the last interview with the manager, you have to make a presentation, which you know beforehand so make sure you come in prepared and do the tips they recommend. All interviews were 1 on 1. After the interviews, there was a casual lunch with 2 workers. The interviewers were very engaging and really wanted to get to know me and allowed me to ask any questions I had. Definitely, know how to talk about yourself and your past experiences and why you want this job.

Interview Questions

• Why FactSet?
      Why this job?
      Tell me about yourself
      How did you choose your school?
      Why this location?
      How did you choose your major?
      How do you stay up to date with the markets?
      Strengths and Weaknesses?
      Who are competitors and customers?
      A lot of behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when .... "   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Campus interview and then onsite interview, never got back to me whether I got the job or not which I did not like at all, the company seems like a fun, young environment to work for, great location in NYC, job is not always at a desk which was attractive

Interview Questions

• What is P/E ratio, why factset, a 10 min presentation in front of one person, resume walkthrough, something you are proud of   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

First there was a brief intro the Factset terminal, very lowkey. Then each of us 4 candidates were put in individual rooms and 4 different managers cycled through. They asked about the same questions. During one cycle, a brief excel test was administered.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in December 2018.

Interview

I got an email on dec 5 saying my background would be a good fit. I interview two days later, get asked questions mainly about my background. Recruiter says she would reach out a week later and that didn't happen until I reached out. Then I get an email saying they will no longer move on with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.