FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round with HR. Then completed an online hacker rank Assessment. After one week, had a code Pair phone interview with hiring manager. Then got the virtual onsite interview with two different teams. After one day of VO, received a call from HR with an offer. Questions were not too hard, but keep in mind to think out loud during the whole process

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone Screening: Background check
    2. OA: 2 Hacker rank medium with any choice of language
    3. Hacker rank code pair: 1-hour video Techincal hacker rank question with an interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

About 45 minutes interview, all of the questions about a piece of code. I need to debug the code. The most challenge part is that all the bugs can not show in the result. If you run the code, the result is fine and no bugs reported. You need to find the bug with the result and the description beyond each method. I do not think it's a good way in interview if you test some details in code with a time limit. But, anyway, if you are a good programmer, you should handle all cases.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online and had a video interview. It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file. Following was an on-site interview which had 3 rounds- Technical, design and managerial.

Interview Questions

• It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

There was a phone screening followed shortly by a hackerrank assessment, and then there was about a month before I heard back. After that I had a video interview in which I had to review some code. Finally an onsite interview with 2 rounds of technical questions and a meeting with a team leader. The interview process was fine, if a bit slow, but my real issue with the company is that at no point during my 3 month interview process did anybody even look at my resume for the specifics of my degree. I got a call saying they wanted to give me an offer, and then another shortly after saying that because of my degree (minor in CS with a major in engineering field) they could not hire me. This oversight led to a huge waste of time and effort on my part, and I presume on theirs as well. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Design a Parking Lot
      How would I set up a system to read, store, and analyze stock market transactions   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Round 1 - Behavioral Round. HR asked casual behavioral questions. I replied with honest answers. But, I was not sure about the location of the job. I was hoping to get through this round but unfortunately I didn't get through. I'm not sure why they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• 1) start date
      2) Preferred Location
      3) why this job   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

- 45 Minutes of Algorithms
    - 45 Minutes of Design
    - 15 Minutes of Resume Review / general software questions
    - Lunch interview

Did not get the job, likely because I took way too long to remember how to do prefix-evaluation and didn't do too well on the resume review / general project questions part.

Interview Questions

• Prefix Evaluation - Design an algorithm that takes a string of prefix evaluation and output the solution.
      Sample input: ++234
      Sample output: 9   1 Answer
    • Input: undirected graph g, where each vertice is a person, and an edge between persons v1 and v2 means that v1 and v2 are on the same "team".
      Output: The team that has the most members, along with each member of that team   1 Answer
    • How would you design a social network? What languages would you use?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was broken down into three sections with three different interviewers. Overall the interview process was professional and was interesting. Afterwards there is a fourth "section" where you eat lunch with current employees and can ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix calculate the path that yields the maximum value.   Answer Question
    • How would you design a program for a given sport (ex. baseball)   Answer Question
    • If you were to design a social media site how would you do it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview was a technical coding interview. You log onto a site where the interviewer and you are seeing the same code. You will be on a phone call with the interviewer while you are solving the problem. You can code in whatever you are proficient in.

Interview Questions

• Solve a coding challenge similar to the "ice cream parlor" problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I Interviewed On-campus and was asked basic cs concepts, I then got an email from a recruiter asking to talk. She then scheduled and on-site Interview for the new york office

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.