FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

1,216 Interview Reviews

Data Science Interview

Interview

Walk me through your resume, talk me through your classes, why FactSet, etc. Then lots of background on the team itself and what my role would be. Following this, we had a live coding session in which the interviewer walked me through a Bayesian problem

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

office information session day before interview, in person interview, 2 hour interview with 4 different people plus a demo by a 5th party (had to prepare a 10 minute presentation for the 2nd interview without the use of powerpoint)

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Phone Screening: Background check
    2. OA: 2 Hacker rank medium with any choice of language
    3. Hacker rank code pair: 1-hour video Techincal hacker rank question with an interviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

About 45 minutes interview, all of the questions about a piece of code. I need to debug the code. The most challenge part is that all the bugs can not show in the result. If you run the code, the result is fine and no bugs reported. You need to find the bug with the result and the description beyond each method. I do not think it's a good way in interview if you test some details in code with a time limit. But, anyway, if you are a good programmer, you should handle all cases.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, was contacted within the next week for a Skype interview with an HR person. We discussed my resume, the role I was applying for, and some basic financial questions. I then was contacted to interview in person with the team/office I applied to. It was a four hour day of various interviews and tasks among other candidates, but ended with them taking us out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• Looking at charts with information about various securities and analyzing to produce a basic financial outcome. (Would you invest in this sector, which is the most volatile, etc.)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online. they replied within the week and schedule you for an exam. Examination first then once you pass they will schedule a panel interview. one to two weeks period.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a video chat with a worker at FactSet and then was flown out for an in-person interview that consisted of 4 individual interviews and one group interview.

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The super day interview consisted of 4 interviews and then a group project. The office was very quiet and relatively calm. The conservations were meaningful and respectful. The interview questions were targeted more to your background knowledge about the stock market.

Interview Questions

• How do you do a Vlookup and If statement on Excel?
      What is a sector?
      Explain the S & P 500.
      Explain a stock to your grandmother.   Answer Question

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn about the position and scheduling a phone call for the next day. The phone call was very basic preliminary phone screening - "tell me about yourself", "why are you interested", etc. and learning more about the position. During this phone call my recruiter invited to the Superday for the next day.

I had 1 on 1 interviews with 3 different team members which were mostly behavioral and resume based with a few "technical" questions relating to my past work experience.

After the Superday I thought I was done but two days later I was contacted by my recruiter asking me to come back in to meet with the 2 hiring managers I didn't have the chance to meet during the superday. Both interviews were mostly casual and conversational and mostly gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I had for them.

I was contacted the next day with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Why specifically FactSet? What makes FactSet stand out from its competitors to you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I applied online and had a video interview. It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file. Following was an on-site interview which had 3 rounds- Technical, design and managerial.

Interview Questions

• It was code review round. A large code was given to report a log file.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.