FactSet Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. 1st round was with a Software Engineer Manager (USA) and BA (USA). 2nd Round was with Engineering director (London) and (3) Engineering manager (USA), last round was with lead talent acquisition specialist in the US that found me through LinkedIn.

1st round was find where they detailed out the job. The application is a very old 10+ years WinForm application written in C# with Microsoft office products integrated into the WinForm application. Part of the role is being a scrum master which all the developers take turns being the scrum master. Also, there is some interaction with the clients when the FactSet consultants can't fix a bug or resolve a customer related issue with the application. Most of the newer exciting web and mobile development is taking place offshore in London, England where they are re-writing the product in Vue.
Sadly, the technical screening was not really thought out well and they relied on 2 Hacker rank questions. I would of really appreciated it if they could of concentrated and put some effort into selling the position and what they were currently doing rather than relying on a computer generated test. There was not a lot of effort or pzazz that went into presenting the position. The job as presented would of been a big step back in time with technology.

Interview Questions

• Join 2 table and get the date where most of employees worked for a previous employer.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was rather straightforward, but the interviewer was kind of short and arrogant. Normal CS-theory questions about Big-O running times for specific algorithms and what sorting methods would be optimal given a set of data.
    The on-site interviews were 4 back to back interviews with two being engineering topics (algorithms and data structures was the first, in-depth system designs the second). The other two were personality and HR tests, if you consider those to be real interviews (which, I guess they kind of are).

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a relational database schema where the only method acceptable is to store data is by using plain-text files?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in May 2019.

Interview

I spent 300 Rs just to go to there office and write an online test on HackerRank which could have been easily requested to be taken at home. After the HackerRank test lasting for 1hr 30 mins we are asked to go home and if selected will be called for interviews on a weekday. I would have prefered they atleast conduct few tech interviews for selected candidates to show respect to the time the candidates are spending.

If HR thinks conducting the test in office helped then I am sorry to inform its not. Internet was available and HR was not even in the room for most of the time. I have seen many ppl just googling the answers either on phone or on screenBest would have been to buy premium package from hackerrank , which includes recording candidate while taking test and not allow to switch tabs when test is in progress. Then candidates would have taken the test at home itself.

The hacker rank test itself was very easy. Being a Myraid Hackerrank user, I know that highest weightage is always given to programming questions, unfortunately, the question quality was not that great, If i just returned the input as output without writing any lines of code , I passes 8 out of 10 test cases :)

Interview Questions

• Question : Duplicate Username
      input : ["adam", "eve", "john", "adam", "eve", "adam"]
      Output : ["adam", "eve", "john", "adam1", "eve1", "adam2"]   Answer Question
    • Question : Identify duplicates
      input : [1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 5, 2, 1]
      Output : 2 (Duplicates are 1 and 2)   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Very Delayed or unplanned process. we reach there by 10 AM, till 3PM there will keep you in a room. Comedy first round same question will repeat with small changes. Not a single day process

Interview Questions

• SQL, C# and Javascript. which will never be useful in realtime   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Durgapur, West Bengal) in August 2016.

Interview

the process had 4 rounds .
    1st round comprised of three technical questions categorised as easy , medium and hard . if you solve the hardest question , you will make it to the next round .

technical interview :
    concept of oops , data structures would be asked . you have to be very firm with the concept . the will ask you to improve you code in terms of complexities . dont fake in your resume . the interviewer would help you solve the question . a piece of advice , tell your approach to the interviewer at every step .

second technical interview :
    he will ask you to solve some puzzles (real life ) , ex to implement an automatic parking lot system .
    and other concepts .

hr / fit in round :
    if you make it to the hr round , you are into the company . for they call it a fit in round and see where the person is more likely to be efficient in their company.

Interview Questions

• concept of oops , strings , ds , problems on strings , ds .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in June 2016.

Interview

one written and 3 technical interviews. Written has good questions on c#,WPF and SQL.
    Interviews were on basic c# and few problem solving skills. But it took long time for the process. I have to go multiple times to that place. Also the waiting time is longer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderabad) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, Whole process took 3-4 weeks

First round was technical written test, I thought I didn't clear this round as I didn't hear from them for 1.5 week.

After that recruiter scheduled technical discussion, the way they asked the questions was good. In the same round Immediately they asked some logical questions.

Next round was Managerial round where they explained me about project and team and timings etc. Same round they asked about expected CTC also.

Next HR called me for final discussion and released the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, Project Architecture, Session Handling, AJAX, etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

major focus is on algorithms for the mid level candidates, for more experienced there is a lot of emphasis on design. There are different teams and each team interviews the candidate on different technologies. The teams work in C#, C++, Angular js, SQL and so on.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

FactSet's interview process is quite lengthy. An initial meet and greet is followed by an 45 minute product demonstration/discussion where comments and insightful questions are expected. Next comes a panel based technical interview lasting an hour or so. Then a lunch break with some of the interviewers where a more relaxed discussion occurs and finally an HR/soft skills interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.