Google Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Google Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview:
The Interviewer was late for 20 mins... Ask nothing on my resume.
Tow questions:
1) A string consists of ‘0’, ‘1’ and '?'. The question mark can be either '0' or '1'. Find all possible combinations for a string.
2) Give you a text file, remove duplicated lines.
    Follow up: If the file is very large, general hash map takes too much spaces, come up with a better solution.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Brief introduction and creative algorithm questions designed by interviewer. In the end let me asked additional questions. Good experience and the interviewer is nice and willing to talk with you!

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in October 2019.

Interview

I was been referred in mid-September, and get an online assessment invitation about 20 days later. The online assessment consists of two code questions. Both are very easy. However, still no further information. Waiting for update.

Interview Questions

• Debug question, change 0 to a[0]
      Sliding window kind of question   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

The food was good. The campus was nice. Interviews were typical ctci questions with no real tricks. It's a standard process with a small behavioral component before the whiteboard coding begins.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

HR interview; Tech interview; Manager interview; CEO interview. Tech interview is easy, need basic sql and python scripting skills. Hiring manager is pretty nice to me. Basically, a great experience!

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Took an online assessment after applying online, Recruiter approached through mail after 1 week, scheduled an interview after 2 weeks, had two rounds in the interview, two phone calls of 45 mins, one was cool and easy to communicate with the other was a bit cold and serious. Got rejection mail after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Questions about classes and asked me to construct a class for iterators from scratch. Had a couple of questions about distributed computing and questions about heaps and priority queues.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a technique phone interview. The task was not very hard, but I didn't prepare very well at that time. HR is very nice and could reply to question in time.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and had initial conversation about Google 7 their hiring process and my background. They have scheduled 45 minuet phone interview with a Engineer and questions were pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

• Implement Skip functionality in Iterator When ever a number that need to be skipped is present in as next element in iterator we should skip that number and fetch next   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process involved a phone screen, a remote technical 1:1, and then a series of onsite interviews / 1:1s. The screening was with a Google recruiter, and very relaxed. The remote 1:1 is with a fellow engineer, covering typical whiteboard algorithm problems.

Interview Questions

• Talk about projects I'd recently worked on, and why like them.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2019.

Interview

The recruiter called me, asked some general questions and scheduled the phone interview.
    A very nice lady called me this morning. She asked 2 algorithm problems. If I pass the phone interview, the recruiter will schedule onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• serialize and deSerialize a tree   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.