J.P. Morgan Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

J.P. Morgan Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.2

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The interview process was and overall great experience. All people that I have met with were friendly. Focused mainly on technical question specific to the position and fit questions.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview

The Interview process was very informal however there were four interviews in all including the hiring manager, mortgage bankers regional manger, branch manager and banking regional manager. Each interview was fairly straight-forward with no real difficulties. They are all big on customer service and performance data.

Interview Questions

• The consistent question seemed to be "Why Chase?". Secondly, be prepared to provide past performance data.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lewisville, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was selected for phone technical interview for 30 mins in Nov. Interviewer asked pretty much about the technical skills I used and mentioned in my resume. Overall good interview experience.

Got second round phone call for panel technical interview for 2 hours immediately in one week. It was for SOA services group, As my background matched with the technical skills. We proceeded. Some of the questions I recollected are about :
     - Asking for outer/inner join
    - challenges faced in creating xml schema, and webservices
    - Core java questions
    - And last person (Manager) asking for OOP question ( polymorphism, concrete class, abstract class etc). Overall 2 hrs interview was good experience.

I did not hear anything for 2 months. In Jan 2012 HR called and mentioned, they would like to have one more round of technical interview with higher officials with architecture group. I agreed and proceeded for phone interview. Person who was suppose to take did not call, other colleague who joined group recently called. Well, all I was concerned to get the interview. after a while he said he had to go in 30 mins.. though he has lot of questions for me. As a interviewer I was thinking if the person who was suppose to take interview was not available, it could have been rescheduled, it was waste of everyone's time and preparation. Anyways, this architect took rigorous deep technical interview for 30 mins. and said HR would contact me.

After a week Manager call me and ask me to come down to the chase office for causal talk and he did mention its just casual nothing technical. I agreed immediately and visited the facility, to my surprise, Architects from other place visited that location for that week. And they grilled me technically. I did not expect a casual meeting means technical grill. very unprofessional. I wish manager could have set the expectation and inform me that I would be meeting architects.

After 4 rounds of interview and wait for 4 weeks I did not hear anything from JPMC. I spent so much time and effort, I was expecting a feedback. I did send email to HR for feedback, they never replied.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Cleveland, OH (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Consulting with management about what I can do for the business. I can only suggest that I have over 20 years COBOL Mainframe experience and have worked as a quality assurance leader on may projects.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online interview process took two weeks it was through code for good program,the way they take people for code for good is very random it is only based on your luck below average people in the top college get into it.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was great and was tech focussed and the interviewers were good. The questions were practical and insightful. There were a bunch of technical questions and a few common questions and the interviewers seemed calm and genuinely interested in you as well as your skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

1st round was Telephonic, followed by 4 Face to Face, 1 Online Video coding Round and 1 Managerial Round.
    The only thing which I didn't like about the interview process was the HR won't update you if you are not selected, you just have to wait for their call or you have to keep calling for the update. Its HR duty that they should update the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Core Java, OOPS, Exception Handling, Collections, Written Program to check logic   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Process started with online application. Then invited for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two 30 minutes interviews. Interviewers were friendly, spoke about their background and a little about what they do.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had to do IKM Java 6 tests online via agents, need to score as close to 100 to get past this point and in top 90% and above.

The questions are of dubious value to a real programmer as if I had to deal with the code presented I would have ripped most of it out and rewrote it, honestly most of the questions broke some principle from Joshua Bloch's book Effective Java with horrible calls and casts to parent objects then you had to decipher what method would actually get called. The rest is rote learning on packages and flow structure.

Interview Questions

• I think they relegate strong people who have a wide range of skills not just java and low level knowledge of threads and poorly designed class hierarchy snafu's but thats their perogative and I'm sure you'll get plenty of people who can ace this part but can't really integrate or have other soft skills like human conversation... ;-)   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

there are 3 rounds interviews, first round is asking questions based on your cv. the second round is more technical, which related to my cover letter. the final round is based on case analysis, quite difficult. However, the experience was great and those people are very very very nice indeed!

Don't want it anymore

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.