LatentView Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

LatentView Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at LatentView Analytics

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Don't attend interview here unless you are very strong in Sql. You must be Sql expert in order to clear the first round. Interview process is not easy here. Make sure you prepare Sql first and then take the interview

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewers were ok, but the HR person was totally unprofessional. Every time I needed to get a response, I would have to email him at least twice, and he would reply after a period of one week to ten days. This dragged the entire process to almost two months, when there were only 3 rounds of interview. First round was a video call where I was asked programming questions on SQL, Python and Spark. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful. He listened to my line of reasoning and guided me when I got stuck. The interview went well. Then they sent me online SQL coding test (60 minutes) which I passed, and I got scheduled for 2nd round. This was a video call as well. Again, was asked coding problems on SQL, Python and Spark along with a whole lot of Spark theory questions. This interviewer was very silent and just kept a blank face while I tried to explain my reasoning throughout the coding process. I got through that round as well and the last round was client facing round, where they asked me lot of theory questions on Hive and Hadoop. This round did not go well for me and I guessed that I would not get through. When I emailed the HR for a response, I got none. When I followed up almost three times after that, I never received a response that time either. This is what frustrates me the most about certain companies like this. When I cleared a round and you wanted me to go to the next round, you called me, left me voicemail (I was in a meeting and could not attend the call) and also emailed me, but the minute I get rejected, you don't even have the courtesy to send me at least a one-line email saying that you've decided to move on with some other candidate?? And even after multiple follow-ups, you decide to ghost me. This is so frustrating from the candidate's point of view. Please Latent View, pay attention to your HR department and hire professionals who actually know how to go about recruitment processes, including sending out a simple reject email. The way you treat candidates speaks volumes about your company.

Interview Questions

• Spark serialization, difference between Scala Spark and Pyspark, types of Hive tables, partitioning   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics in December 2018.

Interview

The first round was an online test which was very difficult and the second round was a phone interview which had questions on my background, academic projects, and advanced SQL focussing on Joins, Subqueries, Aggregation functions, and Windowing functions.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly SQL questions on joins and windowing functions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial HR round - no detail on role type or next round of interview. Was sent a google invite for the interview with a link to blue jeans video call and job description of the role. Had I known it was a SQL round , I would've studied better for SQL only. Interviewer joined call, very sweet to talk to but no structure in communication. 30 second interview , uninterested in my introduction and jumped into SQL straight away. Questions were framed rather ambiguously acc to me, felt like the final term paper of my database management class in my masters (which required a full semester of prep FYI) . No details on next steps (clear indication of not making it through).

Interview Questions

• Ecommerce Data Mart

Transaction -> Transaction_id, buyer_id, seller_id, object_id,

auction_end_date, listing_site_id, leaf_category_id
                     quantity

2) For the sellers from UK who transacted on the second week of december
      (6 December 2015 to 12 December 2015), find the number of sellers
      who have atleast twice the total transaction amount (qty*price) in the following week   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was strung along for 8 months.

This recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn in Feb 2018. Said that there was an opportunity in their Chicago office and asked for my resume. I sent it over. A month and 2 follow up emails later I was told the position has been put on hold but there is a new position in their San Fransisco office that has opened up.

They sent me a test for SQL. After doing that they asked for a date to have an interview. I sent some tentative dates. Then no replies for 2 months. Finally after many email to and fro, we scheduled an interview. It went well, the interviewer said he would set up the next round. Then they stopped replying again.

Another 2 months passed, I sent a stern follow up email to which I was told that role has been filled but they are still hiring more people in the same position, so will set up another round soon. Another 2 months pass by with no reply while I kept sending follow up emails. I finally told them that I was no longer interested in pursuing any opportunities with their company. Immediately got a reply apologizing for the delay and that they were "sorry to hear that".

Interview Questions

• Some SQL related questions. How would you track employee attendance from their biometric check-in log.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The HR was very slow it took more than 3 weeks to schedule the initial interview.Interview process has five rounds, personal,SQL,PUZZLE,CASE ANALYSIS,EDA.Initial was screening.Second was with Director who asked to enter the SQL queries for the case he provided.

Interview Questions

• SQL - Asked questions on Joins to wrote query   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics.

Interview

HR scheduled a call for a specific timing and didn't call at all .No response for email as well. Very very slow with the process. Even if they give me an offer i dont want to take it now.

Analyst Interview

Interview

There was online test of 45 ques. in 65 min. its mostly contained aptitude, logical reasoning and english. The paper was lengthy and difficult compared to musigma. Out of 200 odd people who applied only 38 were selected for the second round. Then there were 3 interview rounds, two technical and one HR>

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LatentView Analytics (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Not very peaceful with two rounds. One phone screen and another skill based. HR in San Jose is very slow and kept postponing the interview. Finally HR was able to schedule a phone interview and offer was given next day. Not a very good pay master. No scope of negotiation. Very high churn rate

Interview Questions

• SQL query to calculate moving average. Another questions was regarding hypothesis testing. Behaviorism questions by HR and resume based question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

had a wittten test basic math n english. critical question during the phone interview.

HIGHER STUDIES

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.