Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Nielsen

1,626 Interview Reviews

2.9

FLP Associate Interview

Interview

3 steps, first have to take an analytical assessment then you have 2 interviews and then they have a full day with 5 interviews and an open panel discussion. The interviews were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

it is pretty smooth, went throught three interviews, and the waiting period is typical. it is pretty smooth, went throught three interviews, and the waiting period is typical. it is pretty smooth, went throught three interviews, and the waiting period is typical

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2020.

Interview

I went to a virtual information session on campus and then submitted my application via Handshake. I then was invited to take an assessment. The assessment was made up of about 10 questions asking you to calculate different things. Not technical at all but I would brush up on basic math skills (questions are similar to SAT or GRE math problems). After passing the exam I was invited for a first round interview. All these questions were behavioral so make sure you have good professional or examples that show experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to take a risk?
      When was a time where your ethics/morals were challenged?   Answer Question

D&I Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2020.

Interview

Got a phone call interview request from HR about this position based in Chicago. The initial interview screening was easy and smooth. I had a 2nd interview scheduled with the VP in the following week. Then they requested writing samples and a writing test for a prompt they provided. I provided the prompt essay after spending about 2 hours to write one. Sent the essay over, then I heard nothing, not even a rejection letter. They went radio silence after rushing to schedule rounds of interviews with me.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I submitted an application through LinkedIn. A week later, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, another interview with a hiring manager afterward. Then, I have not heard from them.

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Participated in phone interview for about 45 minutes. Was asked about my past experiences as well as some simple, case-like questions about what I would do given a business problem. Interviewer maintained constant communication and was very kind after the interview. Very engaged and friendly interviewer!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a college course that will help you in this job.   Answer Question

Special Projects Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter (15 mins approx) went great, spoke about the role, pay & the company. After that a in person interview was scheduled with two hiring managers. I actually thought it went great and also followed up three times through email but unfortunately I wasn't selected for the role. I was so disappointed I thought I was a perfect fit and tried my hardest!

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

In person interview with manager and senior level employee. Basic interview questions about describing how to overcome difficult times in your work past and what to do if you have down time while at work.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you experienced a difficult situation. What did you do and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a quick phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. Generally get to know you and a bit about the job. After the phone interview, I was invited to go in for an in-person interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen, another with a manager 2 weeks later. Finally made it to the in-person and took a half day PTO only to never hear back and it’s been a month and a half. The questions were mostly technical, which I don’t think demonstrates any kind of thinking, just can you recite definitions and terms. Was a big let down to not even hear back though, but I wouldn’t want to work for a company that doesn’t care about your time.
    I’m also saying no offer, because I still haven’t heard back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.