Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Nielsen

1,563 Interview Reviews

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I submitted an application through LinkedIn. A week later, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, another interview with a hiring manager afterward. Then, I have not heard from them.

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Participated in phone interview for about 45 minutes. Was asked about my past experiences as well as some simple, case-like questions about what I would do given a business problem. Interviewer maintained constant communication and was very kind after the interview. Very engaged and friendly interviewer!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a college course that will help you in this job.   Answer Question

Special Projects Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter (15 mins approx) went great, spoke about the role, pay & the company. After that a in person interview was scheduled with two hiring managers. I actually thought it went great and also followed up three times through email but unfortunately I wasn't selected for the role. I was so disappointed I thought I was a perfect fit and tried my hardest!

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

In person interview with manager and senior level employee. Basic interview questions about describing how to overcome difficult times in your work past and what to do if you have down time while at work.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you experienced a difficult situation. What did you do and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a quick phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. Generally get to know you and a bit about the job. After the phone interview, I was invited to go in for an in-person interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen, another with a manager 2 weeks later. Finally made it to the in-person and took a half day PTO only to never hear back and it’s been a month and a half. The questions were mostly technical, which I don’t think demonstrates any kind of thinking, just can you recite definitions and terms. Was a big let down to not even hear back though, but I wouldn’t want to work for a company that doesn’t care about your time.
    I’m also saying no offer, because I still haven’t heard back.

Senior Metric Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Received the call from the HR post which a video call was scheduled with the hiring manager. The interview round went good, answered all the questions and then HR told me that they will update on the future steps. 2 months passed and after 10-15 follow up mails, didn't got an response from them.
    Didn't expected this from a big and reputed firm.
    Why to take the interview if you don't want to hire anyone. Simply wasting candidate's time

Interview Questions

• - Previous work experience
      - Why do want to work with Nielsen
      - End to End projects explanation   Answer Question

Senior Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Three interviews, One on phone, One with Manager, then one with second level manager. There is also an option that you may speak with future colleagues on team for additional work related questioning

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

visited during walkin
    The office was very beautiful staff was polite the process was smooth and great managed.
    The test was easy as well but number of application were huge.
    The location was easy to reach as well

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

I chatted with an outside recruiter multiple time before an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and another individual on the team. Both of the people who interviewed me were very cold and gave the impression that they did not want to be there. When we first sat down it was clear they had not looked over my resume before the interview. I know this happens sometimes when the team is busy but I was expecting to at least be asked to run through my resume or any initial conversation starter. All in all a bit of a letdown but I understand the interview process can be daunting sometimes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.