Nielsen Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,738 of over 1.7K interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

1st interview, was requested to conduct a video interview with an automated recording. 2nd interview, was requested and I met with Dee Brogan via a video interview; I was told at the end of the call the my experience was impressive and next steps would be setup, two days later I received an automated email that they decided to move forward with other candidates. During my interview I was advised they are looking to really better the candidate experience, so I would like to give you feedback to support that initiative. After having a video interview with a candidate and advising them they would be moving forward to the next step, might be a good idea to at least make an attempt to call them to provide them feedback, rather than sending a generic email.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing that stood out during the interview, very generic conversation, almost transactional.
    Answer Question

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

The process was very positive. The first round was with the HR manager and the second round was with a manager and a VP. All the people were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

First, I was required to work on problems in Python and SQL. These problems weren't incredibly difficult, but this took quite some time (2-3 hours, if I'm remembering correctly). The reason I say the interview was clearly negative is because having been in many interviews, I can comfortably say this was the worst one. The interviewer was incredibly disengaged, and I'm pretty certain they were driving. The questions they asked were unclear (sounded like there were marbles in the interviewer's mouth), and I could hear traffic. The interviewer responded to every answer of mine with a "thank you for that," and that's it. No personalization at all. I wasn't convinced the interviewer was even listening. During the Q&A session at the end, I had very thought out, pre-selected questions that I came up with prior to the interview. The interviewer answered each of these questions matter-of-factly, and ultimately cut me off at the end without answering my questions and hanging up. I'm assuming that I'm not moving forward in the process, so I decided not to wait to leave my review. I was incredibly difficult with this interview as I was looking forward to speaking more about the position. The level of unprofessionalism by the interviewer was incredible, and I feel as if this is feedback that Nielsen needs to receive.

Interview Questions
  • What are you hoping to gain from an internship with Nielsen?
2 people found this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

First, was a quick call with HR. Second, was a one-on-one video interview with the hiring manager. Lastly, was a two-hour interview which included an Excel test and meetings with several other team members.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Brief phone interview, with supposedly a follow up. There was no follow up. Initially I thought there was a mistake, but the requisition was closed and I never heard back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Prima chiamata dall'HR Europa via telefono, seconda chiamata con HR Italia via telefono, terza videocall con Manager e due Junior Consultant via Skype. Tutti molto affabili e disponibili ad ascoltare il candidato. Mettono a proprio agio il candidato

Interview Questions
  • Motivazioni dell'application Conoscenza della Industry per cui applicavo Skills tecniche di analisi dati Esercizi di Excel

Nielsen

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

The interviewer is nice and professional, also the whole interview last for about 30min, when i asked about their working culture, the interviewer answered perfectly. I really enjoy this interview. My professional background also seems super fit for this role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Nielsen

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen

Interview

Met at career fair and handed resume in and talked. Was provided an interview opportunity that lasted for 20 some minutes. There were Technical and Behavioral questions that were asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodra

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Vadodra) in May 2021

Interview

I applied online through the Nielsen website and a week later got a link for an online aptitude test. After taking the test, I got a call from HR the next day asking to schedule an interview. The interviewers were extremely unprofessional to say the lease. It was an online interview through Google Meet and one of the interviewers got a call in-between the process. The person started talking on the phone while I was answering his question. I stopped answering and the second interviewer muted the person talking on phone and asked me to continue.

Interview Questions
  • Open Excel to generate random data and use vlookup, xlookup, countif and other formulas.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sydney) in May 2021

Interview

The HR drone called. She sounded a bit "potato-brained". So, I deliberately answered slightly "out-of-the-box" answers and she could not process it because all she can do was to tick or untick the box. Her explanation of the company and the job description also sounded very scripted. She could not answer when I asked questions such as workplace culture. Although I can do both quantitative and qualitative methods, my strength is in qualitative research. She mentioned that I have to do another round of interviews, followed by a separate case study. She then ghosted me. I have to email her to get the rejection statement that they are looking for just a quantitative researcher. This was not mentioned in the initial job description.

Interview Questions
  • Typical professional background questions and proficiency in some of the data analytics tools.
1 person found this interview helpful