Qualcomm Senior Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Qualcomm Senior Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I applied online and received an email message from the Hiring Manager (HM) to set up a call. HM didn't show for the call and asked to reschedule. The position description indicated that this role was located in the "United States". In the email back-and-forth to reschedule the call, I attempted to verify that this was in fact a remote position but was informed that the position was to be located in San Diego, a location where I am unwilling to live or work. I decided to reschedule the call anyway and see if there could be flexibility regarding the location.

At the agreed upon date and time, a peer was on the call and she informed me that she just received an email from HM that he couldn't make the call. I was told that I would hear back about my status within two weeks.

About a month later, I emailed HM and asked for status info? No response. The position is still posted and my application has not been dispositioned on Qualcom's ATS. Yes there is active pandemic and many things are likely being delayed or placed on hold. Nevertheless I was not not treated with the minimal courtesy that all candidates should reasonably expect.

I was certainly not impressed and would not want to work for HM, Qualcom, or in San Diego. I will not apply again to Qualcomm anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• It was so long ago (+/- two months) that I simply don't recall.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Normally there is a phone screen with the hiring manager. I was recommended by the hiring manager so I was able to bypass this step. The second part of the interview was a 7 hour onsite where I met 8 different people for anywhere between 45 minutes to 1 hour. I described it as "The Gauntlet" because it was the hardest interview I've ever experienced. I was asked technical and behavioral questions.

From the time of initially applying and getting an offer it took over 10 weeks and I was an employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you know about a mobile base station and how it works with a mobile handset?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Informal interview...Interviewed by 5 different managers. Asked for suggestions to resolve specific issues the teams were facing. I was surprised by a basic computer science question, asked by one of the managers. They were looking for problem solvers and thinkers. I was offered the job in a consulting role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write the algorithm for sorting...unexpected since its typical software engineer question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed all day long with 7 people. Many of interviewers were from Engineering side hence often time they asked questions related to their own technical areas. I think their questions are reasonable though.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

There were a couple of all-day interview sessions with various Managers relevant to the position. There was a phone interview with a key interviewer who was not available during these two days. I started in Bldg. O, and shuttled to a couple of other buildings to meet with the various interviewers. I had received a binder with a schedule, map and other helpful information. It was very well done. The interviewers were on time and professional about the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various steps involved in manufacturing an IC - from concept to production.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a previous co-worker. Hiring manager called me and did an informal 1 hour phone screen. First on-site interview with approx. 7 people. 2nd on-site interview (3 months) later with approx 5 people.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the skills sets of your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.