Sport Chek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Mar 2019

2.2

Sort:

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Timmins, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had been asked to hand in a resume while working at another retail store. I was given an interview two days after and asked to bring in my reference information. The interview was with the store manager and soft goods manager. They asked me questions about my work ethic, experience and ambitions. They were kind, straight forward and made the intentions and expectations of the job clear. They explained the type of work environment I would be joining, the type of hours I would be working and the pay I would start at until my probation was over. Overall the managers were friendly, personable and made the process relaxing while still asking appropriate questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable having to change everything in a department by not only moving around product but moving fixtures and changing wall plans when necessary.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website, and did the survey type questions and skill questions, like "which does not belong?" or "what is the next number in the pattern?". Had gotten a call a couple of days later and went through the phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, and involved a lot of questions involving what kinds of activities I was into, and experience with the actual job that I applied for. They later scheduled an in person interview for that weekend. Saturday past, I had the interview with the store general manager named Peter, who was great to talk to and easily to get along with. He pretty much just wanted to get to know me as a person, and continuously asked if I had any questions for him. He didn't ask any of the standard hard questions like "describe a time when...", we had talked about some activites that I was into, any past teams I was on in school or out of school, overall it was a really laid back interview which was nice for a change. He said after he would go over my resume and have a few more interviews to go over, and I may get a call within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• The only question pertaining to the job was "what brought you to apply for this position at sport chek?"   2 Answers

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call and did a phone interview a few days later. I did my research beforehand and wrote down all the questions on Glass door and my answers. She asked exactly the questions I wrote down so I just read my answers off the page. Then she set me up with an in-person interview the next day. It was super chill and we mainly talked about what activities I did, my work history as a visual merchandiser, what to expect, etc. Then he said he'd call me. A few days later he called and offered me a different position than what I applied for but still accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked what I made at my last job, I told him, and he said the best he could do was a few cents over minimum wage.

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Completed the personality test on Fgl's website. Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about two days later, we conducted a telephone interview on the spot. Said he thought I would be a good fit for the position and asked me to come for an in store interview. The in store interview was exceptionally easily, was asked a couple questions and then was offered a position on the spot (in and out in about 10 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you worked hard to achieve a goal/objective   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable but they will not go much above minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Dropped off my resume in person and there was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They asked about your lifestyle and what sports you played. The interview was relaxed and overall super easy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online on indeed.com.I got a email back almost 12 hours later.Then they gave me a phone interview which lasted around 15 minutes.They said I was a good candidate and that they would set me up with an interview with the manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Brandon, MB (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call back a few days later, and had a phone interview. Set a time for an interview at the store, went in for around 10 mins and then it was over. Got a call back a few days later.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and then completed a questionnaire.
    I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone the next day for a 20 minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Both the recruiter on the phone and the manager doing my in person interview told me I did great.
    The manager said there were "no issues on his end", implying that I got the job, and said he just had to check my references.

Three and a half weeks later, my references still had not been contacted, and I got the rejection email.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgina, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Georgina, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email and a phone call from a recruiter in Vancouver, BC .The phone call was a interview and lasted about 15 minutes, the interview told me that I passed the phone interview and scheduled and i person interview for the next week.He told me to that i would be asked the same questions in person and gave me some tips.I went in for the in person interview with the store manager and he asked me a couple questions it was very laid back.He told me that he would give me a call within the next two days.He called me the next day and offered me the position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied one night, got a phone interview the next morning, and was scheduled dor a one-on-one interview the following Tuesday. I came into the store, sat down to wait a little bit and was soon greeted by the manager. She took me into her office and we had a rather chill interview. She asked me about a my experiences mentioned in my resume, went on to talk about our experiences in high school (most of the experiences I had written down were from my volunteering in high school) and whatnot, was asked a few questions before we were done. It was a nice process. It was nothing terribly formal, nor was it intimidating.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.