51% would recommend to a friend
(3042 total reviews)
Pratip C. Chaudhuri
68% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No work life balance for back off and branch office staff" (in 256 reviews)
- "Work culture is bad and more bureacratic." (in 99 reviews)
- "Late working hours is the mane challange for me ." (in 81 reviews)
- "Poor management !!! Delay in appraisals !!!" (in 59 reviews)
- "High work pressure and no appreciation" (in 48 reviews)
Found 3,042 of over 3T reviews
Updated 2 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.028 Nov 2023Assistant Manager (Systems)Current Employee
IT officers are not transferred inter-circle as often as general banking staff.
1. No scope for career development and opaque promotion exercises. 2. IT officers are expected to be "jack of all trades" with no possibility to specialize in any IT technologies. 3. Very limited chance of working on latest / upcoming technologies 4. Management operates an IT division like a bank branch - management structure and style is ill suited for an IT services delivery unit. 5. Very toxic internal politics. 6. Possibility of shift based duty (including night duty) - I have personally been working rotating shifts for over 7 years now (shift assignments changes every week - 24x7 including weekend and holiday).
- 2.010 Nov 2023Deputy ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPālampur
Stable Salary Hikes, Perks are great, If you get a good manager, life is good.
Too much cross selling pressure, Frequent transfers, management politics, not much room to grow, kills imagination and creativity as everything happens by the book. Most importantly, no respect from the customers.
- 3.021 Nov 2023Treasury ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAhmedabad
Experience across domains, job security, decent perks and priviledges
Work culture is bureaucratic, slow growth, transfers
- 1.027 Nov 2023Asst ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsHyderābād
Medical facility for self and family is good
Worst culture 24*7 working on holidays 10 to 10 job
SBI Reviews FAQs
SBI has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 3,375 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at SBI to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
51% of SBI employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SBI 2.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.