Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amazon Area Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.1

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in January 2014.

Interview

A compilation of all the behavioral questions on this website.

1. Tell me about yourself
2. Strengths
3. Weaknesses
4. Why Amazon?
5. How can you translate your skills towards Amazon?
6. What experiences do you have that separate you from the rest?

Groups/ Leadership
1. Tell me about a time when you were leading a group, were assigned a goal, and did not reach it
2. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how did you overcome this conflict?
3. How did your actions in a leadership role increase productivity?
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with an employee with poor performance
5. What is your take on leadership?
6. Tell me about a time when you had a group conflict and how you overcame this conflict?
7. What kind of roles have you done that were leadership roles?

Behavioral Leadership & Safety & Customer Service
1. Tell me about a time when you dealt with ambiguity?
2. How important is safety to you? Rank Customer Service, Quality, Safety
3. Do you go against a supervisor who made a decision that goes against corporate policy and is a potential safety issue for one of your employees
4. How would you handle an employee who showed up to work drunk? (not very relevant)
5. Name a time you had to convince someone to do something they did not want to do
6. Tell me about a situation where you directly impacted customer satisfaction
7. What type of leader are you? Explain your leadership style. What does it mean to be a leader?
8. How do you motivate people?
9. What did you admire most about one of your previous supervisors

Negativity
1. Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it?
2. Tell me about an ethical conflict with your boss and how you’ve handled it
3. How do you deal with stress?
4. Have you ever proposed an idea to a superior and were ignored despite knowing that it would produce a positive result? How did you handle it?
5. Explain a time when you had to deal with poor job performance
6. Name a time you screwed up
7. What frustrates you

Continuous Improvement/ Problem Fixing
1. Tell me about a time when you leaned out a process
2. Tell me about a time you had a difficult job to solve
3. Walk me through a different scenario of a process you invented or improved
4. Tell me about a time you attempted to refine a process and failed
5. Give an example of a time when you found a simple solution to a seemingly difficult problem
6. How has your past experiences included lean management, six sigma, kaizen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Don't say something typical   28 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, she sent me a questionnaire asking about my previous experience. She set up my onsite interview a month later. Face to Face interviews were canceled because of the Corona Virus scare. I had my series of interviews over Amazon Chime. I had three 45 minute interviews with three different people

Interview Questions

• They are all behavioral questions using the STAR method, if you are familiar please use it. The entire series of interviews are based on this as well as the 14 Leadership Principles at Amazon. Please do you your research beforehand and you will be fine.   4 Answers

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Back to back interviews with multiple managers. Started with a brief introduction each time and question was based on the leadership principles of Amazon. Prior to interview, they send multiple links that allow you to prepare yourself for the interview. Answered situational questions using STAR method.

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person POD (5 person interview, about 30-45 minutes each). The first screening involved basic interview questions followed by a timed mathematical question. The latter occurred at an actual Amazon fulfillment center.

Interview Questions

• You had to solve a math question related to throughput. Other questions revolved around their leadership principles.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2020.

Interview

Interviewing for the Entry Level Amazon Area Manager position. A recruiter had reached out to me through LinkedIn after looking through my profile and thought I would be a potential candidate. An area manager is typically working in a fulfillment center.
    I started by taking a test about how I would react in given situations. The company will then determine if you move to the interview phase. Due to the pandemic, the interview process took place through Amazon Chime (online). The entire process took about 2 hours.
    For the first 10 minutes you have a panel discussion with other candidates and your recruiter. That is followed by two 45-minute interviews - a behavioral analysis interview and case study interview. I received my acceptance email 10 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you helped a colleague or classmate improve professionally.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an event that you successfully created and managed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you failed to reach a goal. What would you do differently?   1 Answer
    • Case scenarios about potential workplace situations and how you would resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    • Introduce yourself.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Great interview process with very intriguing questions asked. I had an enjoyable experience from beginning to end. The staff throughout the entire experience were also extremely friendly and positive.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview process from start to finish took around 2-3 weeks. Started off with a recruiter reaching out for scheduling, then had two video interviews within the same day and received an offer within the next few days. Great process overall, especially during the entire pandemic!

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the basic info of the Amazon’s 14 values   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Interview

I had a virtual interview with two different people. Each interview was approximately 45 minutes. They went over the process and said I should hear back within a week. I received an email within a week with the outcome of the interview.

Area Manager Interview

Interview

Around 2hrs Interview talking with current employees
    I took virtual interview
    within 5 days you get an interview result from the Amazon
    It takes around 2 weeks to get offer information

Interview Questions

• Read Amazon leadership principles   3 Answers

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

It was quick they ask basic questions. It was just to get information about yourself and your experience. Asked questions on how I developed a person. I applied online and it took about 2 weeks to hear back via email. Just make sure that you are checking your email.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and your experience   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.