Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amazon Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.3

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Chandler, AZ (US)).

Interview

Phone screen done by a recruiter then an on-site interview with four leaders. During the on-site you will take a situational math question that is ratio based. After that you will do up to four individual interviews using Amazons leadership principles. The questions need to be answered using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision that was going to have a significant impact on the business.   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Burlington, NJ (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Very structured. Quick and to the point. They provide clean vision of what to expect each step of the way and communication is timely. They help prepare you for each type of interview so you know what to expect and can be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had a strict deadline. What did you do?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

It is a thorough process, with clear communication around what to expect. Everyone was very helpful. There was an initial phone screening and then multiple one on one virtual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter email followed up with a phone interview - 45 min. I had to reach out to them to get the interview schedule since they were having some kind of problem on their end. The phone interview consisted of a situational format with a basic math quiz. I'm really not sure what happened. They were very strange with the feedback and I was not able to make contact with them to get any more information.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Memphis, TN (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn and suggested that I would be good candidate for operations manager position. So I applied and let the recruiter know I applied. I was instantly scheduled for a call interview within week.

The initial call interview was very informal. The recruiter, who I was talking to and different from the initial recruiter, was actually a former operations manager. So it was good to talk to someone who understood what qualities wee needed for the position. The recruiter asked me some skill based questions and one math flow question. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Please make sure to answer in the STAR method when answering the questions.

After the interview I got an email that Amazon wanted to do a CHIME (virtual) interview due to the Covid 19. The interview was 2 part math flow question that had some overtime included with it and a writing assignment. Then after the math flow question, I had 4 - 45 min interviews with the Site Leader, Human Resource representative, an off-site operations manager, and one of the Senior Operations Manager. Each interviewer was warm and welcoming. Put me right at ease throughout the process. Again it is important to answer all questions in STAR form.

After the CHIME (virtual) interview, a different recruiter reached out to me to tell me the results. It was stated that the interview panel enjoyed talking to me and wanted to move to the next step of me providing information needed to make a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you failed as a manager.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had an employee who was not meeting expectations.   2 Answers
    • Tell me of a time when you suggested new business for the company.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you helped a customer with meet its needs   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted via email by internal recruiter, personality and simple math tests in application stage and prior to phone interview. Two separate recruiters contacted me. Phone interview lasted about an hour, additional math test during phone interview. Recruiters provided great information about the company and interview. Interview seemed to go well but ultimately did not receive an offer. A lot of time spent on interview/application process for no offer. Interviewer was in different state and did not know a lot about position or location he was interviewing for, a lot of canned corporate lingo. How can this person evaluate a position he doesn't know about?

Interview Questions

• Determination of headcount based on given factors that needed to be calculated   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email from the recruiter. I had a phone screen from a Operations manager and the manager asked me 6 questions and a math problem. I was not prepared for the math problem.

Interview Questions

• How much time do you spend on the production floor?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Organized and aligned to evaluating a candidates ability to think and respond with details. Thoughtful about the number of questions and demand a candidate needed to have in this phase of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you or do motivate and earn the trust of your team members?   3 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The recruiters are very nice and helpful throughout the process, keeping you updated. The phone interview went well with him, letting me know that he was going to pass me on. The 4-panel interview was fierce, with the Senior HR manager having the first round. After the whole interview process was over, I felt mentally drained.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work for Amazon? Every single interviewer asked me this question.   3 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview process was very organized and the recruiter did a great job of communicating what would happen. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, and then a Chime interview with the HRBP, two Sr Ops Managers and the FC's Director of Operations. Each of them were personable and put me at ease as well as gave good follow up comments. I received an offer within two days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you used a failure to build trust in your team.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.