Calsoft Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Calsoft Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Calsoft

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in April 2014.

Interview

Good experience with the interview. They check for only technical stuff you know. Focused more on the your C , C++ and OS knowledge. Deep on C language and kernel level programming which was quite difficult. Also asked some of the puzzles for checking logical thinking. Overall was the good interview procedure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Calsoft

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in February 2014.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by hr round. First round consisted of simple java and virtualization questions. In second round they asked me some java web questions. Third round was nominal director round he asked me some simple puzzles.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in March 2015.

Interview

1st coding round : Three coding questions where given, these were intermediate level questions.

After one week i was called for interview round
    1st interview round : basic c,c++,OS,etc.
    2nd interview round on the same day : This was taken by a senior, it was almost same like 1st round. C,C++,OS,Data Structures,etc concepts were asked.
    Interview ended with discussion on BE project etc.

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calsoft (Nagpur, Maharashtra) in August 2015.

Interview

There was an online coding exam of 2 hours consisting of 3 questions and after that 1 Technical round. Online coding round was fairly simple and was asked questions from data structures Array, String and Dynamic programming . They took one technical round where Questions were straightforward and requires basic understanding of OS, Networking, C and JAVA.

Interview Questions

• Online exam questions
          example S1 = MOHIT and S2 = ROHIT, answer = +OHIT.

Q2: An integer array is given, we have to tell in which case it lies, cases are:-
          Case 1. array[5] = {4, 5, 6, 7, 8} ie series of natural number.
          Case 2. array[5] = {2, 3, 5, 8, 13} ie fibonacci series.
          case 3: array[5] = {9, 16, 25, 36, 49} ie square of natural number's.

example: given input array[7] = {10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16}, ans = case 1.
                       given input array[5] = {1, 1, 2, 3, 5}, ans = case 2.
                       given input array[5] = {1, 4, 9, 16, 25}, ans = case 3.

Q3. Given an input array and a integer n, we have two tell in how many ways we can get number n by summing the numbers of given array, we can use a number only once.
          example: array[5] = {1,3,7,9,10,11} and n = 12 then
          possible cases are 1+11, 9+3. so ans = 2.Q1: Two strings are given S1 and S2 , replace all character in S1 with '+' those are not there in string S2.
          example S1 = MOHIT and S2 = ROHIT, answer = +OHIT.

Case 1. array[5] = {4, 5, 6, 7, 8} ie series of natural number.
          Case 2. array[5] = {2, 3, 5, 8, 13} ie fibonacci series.
          case 3: array[5] = {9, 16, 25, 36, 49} ie square of natural number's.

example: given input array[7] = {10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16}, ans = case 1.
                       given input array[5] = {1, 1, 2, 3, 5}, ans = case 2.
                       given input array[5] = {1, 4, 9, 16, 25}, ans = case 3.

example: array[5] = {1,3,7,9,10,11} and n = 12 then
          possible cases are 1+11, 9+3. so ans = 2.

Technical round -
      First of all Interviewer saw my online exam's code and ask me about toghness of paper.
       Then we discussed about my Projects and and Internship for a while after that he asked me:-
       What is difference between process and thread.
       What happen when we type 'www.google.com'.
       What is Kernel.
       What is dynamic memory and how to allocate it in C.
       What is pass by reference and pass by value in C.
       What is static and public variables and methods in java.
       Is there any difference between Static and public Variables in java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calsoft (Bhubaneswar) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was good. Very supportive interviewers. Would give ample chances to prove your proficiency. It covered basically fundamentals of c,c++, OS and Networking. Strong logical reasoning is also required.
    1st IQ test will be conducted of 40 qs: Its quiet tough, do go through your quants n remember series, logical resanoning are very important, lots of questions on series.
    Then 15 qs each of C Programming and Comp Science basics. Do have a clear n sound knowledge on operators and there functions as there were a lot twisted output questions.
    Then there will be 2 hrs of online coding test having 3 questions. Not so difficult like impossible, but not damn easy either. If you are logically strong then you can. Concepts of Recursions and Pointers will be needed to solve the problems. be clear on them.
    Then if selected on the following day you'll have 2 tech Interviews n one hr, which are progressive in nature. Fail at one n you wont go to next.
    Tech interviews have described below the qs.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure!! Everything thats there to be known. Basic concepts of C should be clear. puzzles. all basic terms in os n networking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of an interview. First was on call interview. All questions were based on resume. In second round they call for F2F. In second round they ask to code for prime factors of a number on paper. Then they asked about my future plans.

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calsoft (Bhubaneswar) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically divided into four rounds :
    1. Coding(mettl)
    2. IQ Test along with some Predict the o/p questions
    3. Technical Round 1
    4. Technical Round 2

The coding round was conducted first in which we were supposed to solve 3 questions in 2 hours.

I don't exactly remember the questions but here goes:
    1. You have been given an unsorted array and you have to check the max number of elements which are in sequence(i.e difference between them is 1) and print it.
    INPUT: 100,200,1,2,3,7,9
    OUTPUT:3

2. In Place String Reversal except additionally you also have to make the first letter of each word Uppercase.
    INPUT:I love glassdoor
    OUTPUT:Roodssalg Evol I

3.I don't remember the third question but it was on recursion and backtracking.

Candidates were shortlisted for the interview after the IQ Test.

In First Technical Interview, the questions were from DBMS,Java,OS,Networking and Data Structures.

In Second Technical Interview, I was asked about my project,asked to design a system model and a few analytical puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calsoft (Bhopal) in November 2016.

Interview

Very bad experience they had even not teken test on time . Please conduct interview in same city where you are shortlisting candidates and please care time of candidates they are not free like you

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Calsoft.

Interview

1 technical multiple choice questions, 1 technical face to face interview and then managerial and HR round for salary discussion. The offer letter released within a week. Total process about 20 days

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calsoft (Pune) in April 2013.

Interview

Open house in three steps:

1. Aptitude
       -IQ test
       - C
       - OS

IQ and C test was bit tricky; but great

2. Coding Round:

Have to code for given problem statements. Please read instructions carefully, because many were puzzled how to code or why code doesn't work.

3. Technical interview 2 rounds

4. HR interview

Process took a day.
    Result was announced after a month.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, just need a in detail info or basic information.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.