DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

I was called at about 7 PM - 5PM their time. A man called me, said he was with NBC Universal to hire for Dreamworks. We had an interview a few days later. This was around December 2018, and he said he would reach out again in the new year.

E-mailed, never received a response.

I follow the animation industry as a hobby, and Dreamworks is constantly being sold from studio to studio, so people were probably let go and replaced with...who owns them now? Universal's staff probably happened, but a response would have been great.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in a mixed Mac and Windows environment?   1 Answer

Feature Production Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter through their email and formally applied online. Had an initial phone call with the recruiter to talk about the position and a little bit about me, and then had a video interview with 4 people that took an hour.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions as in, explain an array, how do you find the normal on an object, what is an octree?   Answer Question
    • I think they asked about my favorite programming language? It has been some time since the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Heard from a recruiter a few weeks after submitting my online application. Scheduled a phone interview, and the same day she offered me an in-person interview for the next day. The team was super nice and the questions were very straightforward. The recruiter told me it would be about 2 weeks. Emailed her to follow up, and she responded a week later to schedule a phone call, in which she told me I did not get the position. Up until this point, I had really enjoyed my experience interviewing with DreamWorks, but I thought it was very bizarre to schedule a one minute phone call to reject someone and not give any real feedback on their performance.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie (doesn't have to be DreamWorks)?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me out of the blue and asked if I would be interested in the position. We had a quick phone interview and then I went in the following week. The interview went well and was very relaxed.

The recruiter and I had another phone call to touch base. She said they really liked me and that I would be contacted for the second round soon. Some time went by, so I sent her an email, no response. I called, but couldn't get ahold of her. I called the woman I interviewed with; she said they were still interviewing candidates and that I would be contacted the next week. The next week I emailed the recruiter again, no response. I never heard from them ever again! So weird considering they contacted me about the position and then told me they liked me.

Interview Questions

• Very easy, the interview was more of a conversation than a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Teamworks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Fairly simple. I applied online and heard back about 3 weeks later. The HR recruiter was nice and let me know that she wanted me to come in for an interview. She advised me about what the position would entail and asked me what my favorite movie was.

Production Assistant (TV) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I'd applied for the position online but I also received a general employee referral which, if I'm being honest, is probably why the recruiters noticed me (I don't know a single person whose gotten a production job at Dreamworks from blindly applying online but I hope to be proved wrong!).

I first received a phone call from one of their recruiters asking if I was still interested in the position. Once I said yes we discussed more specifics about the job (responsibilities, pay, benefits, etc) as well as my own previous experience.

The next day the recruiter scheduled me for an in person interview a week later. My in person interview was with the show's line producer and production manager (who were both very nice and professional). It was all pretty straight forward: we discussed my general interest in animation and my previous experience and how it might transfer to this new role.

I heard back a week later from the initial recruiter that the show decided to go with another candidate.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

My process interviewing for DWA was wonderful. I went in for 1 interview and heard back with an offer 2 weeks later. Great Culture here. I was asked great questions and the people interviewing me treated me with respect and even had a good sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any television experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Quick and friendly. Interview with recruiter followed by in person interview then another interview with someone on the team. More of a personality interview. Tell me about your experience. Tell me about a time - situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why dreamworks? Strengths and weaknesses. Situational questions   Answer Question

TV Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

It was relatively easy. I received a phone call and the phone interview was about 15 minutes. Then I received an email back saying that the following teams would like to interview with me. The interviews were over video chat. The following week I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why apply for this position? Why Dreamworks?
      2) What would you say is your biggest achievement so far?   Answer Question

Department Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

- Phone Screen (10min)
    - Basic Interview With TD (Simple Graphics Questions, 30min)
    - In-Depth Interview With Team I'd Be Working On (Graphics Questions, CS Questions, Brainteasers, Culture Questions, 1hr30min)

The whole process was extremely pleasant and everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.