FactSet Graduate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Graduate Consultant Interview Questions

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2016.

Interview

I signed up for a campus interview. Consisted mostly of behavioral questions, very structured with little added commentary to the responses. Interviewer questioned my experiences listed on my resume a few times

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

First stage interview was in person at the London office. About 90 minutes to complete an Excel examination which progressed from easy to hard (ending at a pivot table) and a general finance knowledge test. Those were both fine, though I do wish I had brushed up on my vlookup before going, that was my bad. After that, there was a 20-30 minute interview with someone from HR. She was friendly and it was a standard behavioural interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think distinguishes us from our competitors?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between asset management and investment banking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received an offer for an interview within 2 weeks.

On the interview day, I was first interviewed 1-1 which consisted of many competency based questions. Included questions about my previous roles, degree, etc etc, the pretty standard stuff and nothing too challenging. Thereafter I sat a maths exam on a computer along with the other candidates. The exam tested excel and common maths problems.

Interview Questions

• 1 - What is the difference between Investment Banking and Asset Management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1) Submitting of CV.
    2) Answering online questions about yourself, the role and FactSet.
    3) Numerical and Financial based testing (easiest tests I have experienced so far).
    4) Online interview with recruiter.

I felt that if you are from a scientific background you do not have much chance of landing the position. I asked what proportion of graduates were chemists/physicists and the reply indicated that the company largely recruited graduates with economic and business degrees. Therefore you must prepare heavily to ace the financial based questions.

Overall it was a fairly decent experience and good practice for future upcoming interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you learnt from your time at [company name]?   Answer Question
    • Can you please describe to me how a IM and IB would use the FactSet software?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was asked to complete an online Numerical and Finance test. They were pretty easy. Then got invited to a video interview. The interviewer was very nice and relaxing. She asked me about my academic background and why I chose my topic, if i had any favorite modules and why. Then she asked me about the difference between IB/IM/and Fixed Income. How their clients would use the platform in an M&A. Describe a reason why would a client contact you about the platform.

Interview Questions

• If you knew one of your clients stopped using the Factset software and converted to a new one, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I got through to the video interview after passing the verbal and numerical reasoning tests. The interview went fairly well, apart from one difficult question that I struggled to answer. They provided feedback which I thought was a plus. Asked questions like why Factset? Our Competitors?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found one of our clients using one of our competitors products? Eg. Bloomberg.   1 Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet in December 2015.

Interview

Easy to apply, and they are very flexible in terms of when they can accommodate your live video interview. My interview was done with someone who didn't seem to be overly professional but was a nice person. She said that you don't need any prior knowledge, however a lot of the questions asked are regarding products that factset offer. If you haven't studied finance in some detail, you will struggle with these questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about various types of financial platforms offered by Factset.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in August 2015.

Interview

After the online application I have been invited to take an online assessment center. After having passed it, I had an initial phone interview, and has been invited to an office interview. It consisted of one interview with two managers, and a second interview with two consultants. While in the first part of the interview it has been typical CV based questions and a short presentation (topic of your choice), the second part was rather relaxing, with enough time to ask own questions to future consultant colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What were the biggest challenges and how did you manage them? What role do you take on a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

I attended the assessment centre in September. First part was a ice-breaking session to know about your teammates who would be working together later. It was somehow relaxing. Then there was a video of their our platform and a 20-minute test on that came straight after, which was more about the application of the software. Then there came another 20-minute excel test which was not so difficult. Group presentation was to present the prioritizing of some daily routines. Finally was the micro-teach. Try to find a distinctive topic. Otherwise, if you find another person in your group with the same topic, it's really easy to get nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

• Submit online application
    • Complete 2 online tests (numerical + financial markets knowledge)
    • One-to-one HR interview (Motivational, competency, situation judgement questions) + Excel task in 30 minutes
    • When completed FactSet made a real mess of the process, taking over a month to get back to me and thinking I had done an online interview rather than an office interview, took a lot of back-and-forth between me and them to resolve the situation
    • Assessment Day with other candidates (45 minute software demo + task, networking with current Consultants, group exercise and Microteach, where you have 10 minutes to present and teach a skill to other candidates)
    • Final panel interview - I actually had two final interviews for two different roles (mix of motivation and competency questions, plus some trick questions). A couple of the interviewers came across as too hostile considering the company and the role, acting like investment bankers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.