FactSet Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at FactSet

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

A coordinator from another website set up a phone screen. He/she stated that if the phone screen was successful, I would be notified in 24 hours. I would also be notified if I were to not proceed in the application process. Then I was asked a series of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

First, there is a first-round phone interview. This is primarily technical and includes a coding question on the computer. Next, there is a second-round that lasts all day and is in person at an office. There are several technical and behavioral interviews with different employees.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of plane tickets, each describing a one way trip from one city to another, how would you reconstruct the total flight path? What is the time and space complexity?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Remote, OR (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with developer, asked technical questions about data structures, including Big O values. Discussed my resume, but was nearly entirely technical questions, tested for strong knowledge of data structures. Would recommend through studying of Big O of various data structures.

Interview Questions

• Finding unique value in list in language of choice.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Technical phone screening followed by a power day on location. The power day consisted of a few segments including a code debugging / review, a behavioral, a lunch interview, a technical problem, and a design interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of building heights, starting and ending x locations, output the corners that define the skyline   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to schedule a call screening. After, she scheduled a phone interview with a software engineer. The interview was over the phone and 30 mins long. It consisted of questions about my projects, some technical questions, and a coding section. The coding section was not allowed to be pseudo-code.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a linked list and a vector?   Answer Question
    • If you were to implement a queue, would you use a linked list or array? explain why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a hash table, and what is the worst case scenario?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that takes in an array of integers and reverses the order   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview lasted for about 5 hours and consisted of a presentation about the internship program, followed by three technical interview components: a code review, a data structures/algorithms question, and an object-oriented programming organization question. Afterwards, you go out to lunch with some current full-time employees who used to be interns. After that, you are interviewed about your past projects and experiences, and finally, you meet with HR.

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix with each row and column sorted in increasing order, find if the matrix contains a given element.   3 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Call then fly you there for half-day technical interview. I applied through a career fair at a university. Flown to their HQ in Nowalk, CT at night and interview next day. People were all very friendly and was more like collaborative puzzle solving than "prove you wrong" interview.

Interview Questions

• Examine this implementation of a data structure and point out issues with its coding.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The whole process was very quick and professional. HR Rep handled the whole process and it only took about a month from the email to offer package. Submitted application online. Was contacted for phone interview. Then got flown out for onsite interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT (US)

Interview

Initially had a phone interview which began with an overview of the company and the internship program. Then the interviewer asked some basic technical questions and some behavioral questions.

About a week and a half after that, I received a positive response and was called in for an on site interview. The on-site began with 3 technical interviews, beginning with a code review. I was given code in c++, which I am not too familiar with because my background is mainly Java/Python, but the interview was more focused on the concepts used than the actual syntax. The second interview was a design interview, and the third was a algorithms/data structures interview.

Then, another interviewee and I were taken out to lunch by two former interns and then the remaining interview was with one of the senior directors and was more behavioral.

Overall, everyone I encountered was pleasant and seemed like they really enjoyed working there.

Internship Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was a little strange. The interviewer did not ask any questions about me. Didn't ask about my school, courses, previous jobs, and projects. The entire interview consisted of two technical question. The first question was to reverse a string, and the second question was to find a loop in a linked list.

Interview Questions

• write an algorithm to reverse a string.   Answer Question
    • Given a linked list, write an algorithm to find any loops in the list. The algorithm must run in O(n) time, where n is the length of the list.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.