FactSet Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

FactSet Software Developer Interview Questions

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (Newark, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They made us go to their New Jersey Offices. And the interviewing process takes like 6 hr or less. It was a standard Interview Process including with HR and meeting Developer and asking you to code in two scenario and meet with HR on the other.

Interview Questions

• Code Review: Have a file and ask how to make the program work better.
    Design: Ask some question on classes and designing models to suit the problem.
    Coding White Board: Ask to make a game any game, using classes and inheritance and so on.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

talked to them in career fair and Hr connect me 2 days after career fair for the phone interview. Just one day after phone interview I got email about ask me for a onsite interview! Very effective! The onsite interview is two days later since my schedule is full in the following week. On site interview is super good experience! Everyone is super nice and open to discuss. Even through that I got bad news the following day, I am still think this company is amazing and highly recommended

Interview Questions

• Tree Bfs(phone interview)   Answer Question
    • Triangle class code review(very bad code and I think I did not good there) linked list related problem and oop design related problem.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

talked to person at career fair and got an email and phone call later

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview

The position is for factset's boston office which is focus on C# . Got a phone interview after school's career fair. The phone interview has noting technical. Then got onsite interview after few days. Mainly described my previous projects and was asked a few question. After that, they asked me to send over code sample.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume at a career fair, and received an email that they would like to interview me. I had an initial phone interview where I was asked some technical questions regarding designing a deck of cards, comparison of java and c++, and I think some behavioral questions.

Onsite, I was asked to a question about strings, a design question, a code review, and probably another coding question.

The interviewers were very nice.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I got an email from one of the HR people regarding my previous rejected application and that they have found a much suited role for me. After emailing back and forth, I was set up for a phone interview which was pretty basic.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Online interview with current software developer. Received email a month in advance and sent emails back and forth deciding on a date. Small programming section at the very end of interview where was asked to reverse a string in any language. ~ 30 mins

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2018.

Interview

30 minute phone call. He asked me questions about what I know about the company and what technologies would I be comfortable working in. He asked me to describe one project of my liking.

Interview Questions

• Given a paragraph of words, what data structure will you use to find a word. Followed up with how will you find a phrase in this paragraph   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screening to start. The night before the in person interview had a group dinner with a couple employees and other candidates. The day of the interview had 3 different group interviews asking about different OOP concepts. Asked how I would accomplish a task and then needed to explain why I chose the method I chose.

Interview Questions

• What is a hash table. When does a hash table perform the worst?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was done by one phone interview followed by on-site interview.

Phone interview was asking simple OO concepts and discussing what I enjoy about coding.

On-site interview was 3 sets of tech interview from debugging some C++ code of link list, and few concept base questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.