IGATE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 Jan 2019

2.8

214 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in December 2010.

Interview

It is very very easy if you get hired from campus interviews in India. There is a small test which checks your aptitude and after clearing that test, you get interviewed. In campus, the interviews are not at all Technical. They ask you very generic questions to know how much you know about company and how would you react in certain hypothetical situations. Basically it just tests you attitude and capability of quick learning.

Interview Questions

• No Technical questions. You have to be calm and composed while answering and you get selected   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for IGATE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I has 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Each technical interview lasted for 50 mins and the HR for about 30 mins. Technical interview a mix of questions from Physics, Microprocessor, Logics. I gave this interview during my college in campus.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about Newton's Law and it was an unexpected questions for a Software Engineer position   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is simple as long as the expected salary is lower than the market. Interviews are usually done by non-technical staff who needs to a number from 1 to 10 in the list of skills. The next step is actually with the client and the complexity will depend on the position and the salary negotiated. But overall I think this is a right way to filter out people before submitting to a client.

Interview Questions

• Not much I can think off except answering a technical question to a non technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not very difficult, they were ok if your demands make sense. But all that depends on the client that they are working on.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
    Next round:
    Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE in January 2009.

Interview

iGate (previously Patni) had campus interviews.
    There was a written test following which there was Group discussion and finally a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The panel didnt expect the candidates to be technically sound. Most of the questions asked were quantitative analysis, puzzles etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotitation involved since the offered salary was informed about prior to the written test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I had a written exam after which i had a technical round after which a HR interview round

I went for my masters

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview included 3 telephonic interviews. One background check and 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP concepts and RDBMS questions.
      Describe the basic OOPs concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a staffing agency about a position. Set up an interview with the hiring manager in few days. I can tell you the desi interviewer was the rudest I have ever came across. Absolutely no sense of professionalism in him.

Forget about introduction. He immediately jumped into technical questions. As usual a typical desi interviewer.As usual bookish questions and he will keep digging you until you spit that one term that he wants to hear. He asked me a bunch of bookish questions which I explained, as usual he didn't got satisfied and he became hyper and rude that got my nerves. He kept pushing questions not even allowed me to finish my answer. I was like chill dude this is just an interview not a court legal debate! I got a sense what kind of people run the company. Thanks for not selecting me as I would have also not worked with you anyways!

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Why do we need polymorphism? Why do we need inheritance? What parameters do we check when we convert MATLAB code to C++. Some image processing questions like how to detect the locations of black dots in a white background? what is the most efficient way?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, I did not negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.