IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGATE Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Good process. Easy interview. Interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk with. Aptitude was also relatively easy. Great company to work for. Fun and relaxed environment to work in.

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Negotiation

Yes, very little.

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Richfield, MN (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

They Called and scheduled interview, and then rescheduled for at least 5 times. But the interview never happen. Their interview process is so pathetic, they don't even send you a calender invite.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Biggest manipulators I have ever seen. They will give all false promises. They do not even respond at times. Very unprofessional. Experience with them is not at all good.they will take all interview but at the end they will not give offer.

Interview Questions

• They do even know what they want. highly unprofessional.people give false promises.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE in March 2011.

Interview

Written test (Screening) - Personal Interview.
    As part of campus recruitment drive, IGATE takes screening test which includes technical questions along with logical reasoning. After that, selected candidates are interviewed in further phase.

Interview Questions

• UNIX shell script related question : use of AWK/SED commands?
      Difference between materialized view and normal view?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I attended through off campus drive for freshers . 1st round was apti. 2nd was technical interview .
    they will ask C C++ OOPS DBMS and few puzzles and then will be HR interview. it was average interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in December 2010.

Interview

It is very very easy if you get hired from campus interviews in India. There is a small test which checks your aptitude and after clearing that test, you get interviewed. In campus, the interviews are not at all Technical. They ask you very generic questions to know how much you know about company and how would you react in certain hypothetical situations. Basically it just tests you attitude and capability of quick learning.

Interview Questions

• No Technical questions. You have to be calm and composed while answering and you get selected   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is simple as long as the expected salary is lower than the market. Interviews are usually done by non-technical staff who needs to a number from 1 to 10 in the list of skills. The next step is actually with the client and the complexity will depend on the position and the salary negotiated. But overall I think this is a right way to filter out people before submitting to a client.

Interview Questions

• Not much I can think off except answering a technical question to a non technical person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not very difficult, they were ok if your demands make sense. But all that depends on the client that they are working on.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I has 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Each technical interview lasted for 50 mins and the HR for about 30 mins. Technical interview a mix of questions from Physics, Microprocessor, Logics. I gave this interview during my college in campus.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about Newton's Law and it was an unexpected questions for a Software Engineer position   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.