Holiday Extras Reviews

Found 213 of over 221 reviews

4.0
Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack
Pros
  • "Great Team ethic and flexible working philosophy(in 30 reviews)

• "I still remember reading these reviews before applying to Holiday Extras and how much of an impression they made on me(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "HX seriously needs to hire more POC - the entire company seems 95% white(in 24 reviews)

• "Treated worse than dirt if youre in the call centre(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Feb 18, 2021 - Travel Agent in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hoping for best job oppurtunity

Cons

Good experience working with the company

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really great company to work for.

Aug 11, 2022 - Guest Support Specialist in Lympne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They look after their staff.

Cons

Can be stressful, that’s the nature of the work though, not a company flaw.

Continue reading
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great environment

Jul 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome office with lots of fun perks

Cons

Limited progression - pay is comparatively low with London companies

Associate Director of People

Thanks for your review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our working environment. We’re sorry to read your comments about progression and pay however. Recognising our team for their contribution has been our priority and in April 2022 we completed our first post-Covid pay review where we heavily invested in our team’s pay, matching each role against market benchmarking salary data. We’re also delighted to have introduced a new profit share bonus scheme for 2022, so our team can maximise their earnings beyond their base salary. Regarding progression: we’re proud to say that many people at Holiday Extras have built their careers with us. We want this to continue so another priority is to support our team so they can achieve their career goals and reach their limitless potential. We are currently developing our career pathway framework so that everyone is clear on the routes and opportunities available, as well as supporting our team with their career skills, and visibility of the variety of roles and careers open to them. We hope you were able to voice your feedback about our pay and progression while you were with us - if you’d like to provide specific feedback however, please reach out to me via: mclarkecowell@holidayextras.com. If I don’t hear from you, I wish you all the best for the future.

4. 2.0

Poor management - Call centre

May 12, 2022 - Insurance Consultant in Hythe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Speaking to lovely customers daily - Good perks of the role; BBQs, Ice creams etc. occasionally - Good insight into Insurance, if you have a genuine interest

Cons

- B2B calls/Call centre busy due to high turn over and staffing issues - Poor call centre management - No progression - Poor salary - Poor bonus scheme/real incentives - Occasionally unable to attend the events etc. due to being on the phones

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Associate Director of People

Thanks for your feedback. We’re pleased that you enjoyed speaking to our customers. We pride ourselves on our excellent service so it’s important to have a team who truly cares about helping our customers maximise their holiday experiences. We’re sorry however to read some of your other comments. After the impact of Covid on our industry, we’re delighted that customers are returning back to travel. We know however that this leads to higher call/ chat volumes and how this impacts our team, so we have been working hard to support them as a result. We have also increased our Contact Centre pay structures and are focusing on progression so that people are aware of the opportunities open to them within and outside of the Contact Centre - including teams such as brand, tech and more. If you have any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at: mclarkecowell@holidayextras.com. If I don’t hear back from you, I wish you all the best for the future.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything you could ask for from a company

Cons

Cannot think of anything- it's a great place to work

Associate Director of People

Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to receive this feedback and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution (9 years+ service is awesome!). We’re always looking to improve so if you haven’t already, please tell us via our various internal channels about how we can make Holiday Extras an even better place to work!

6. 4.0

Good Company to Work for

Apr 20, 2022 - Sales Assistant in Ashford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team, good atmosphere, and fun company to work for.

Cons

Sometimes targets can be unrealistic and seemingly unobtainable due to the nature of calls and target system.

Associate Director of People

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working with us. We have a fantastic team who really care about each other so we’re pleased to hear your feedback around this. Regarding your comment about targets - we always strive to create healthy stretch goals that are also achievable. We’d like the opportunity to understand more from your perspective however, so if you're able to get in contact, please reach out by email to me at: mclarkecowell@holidayextras.com. If I don’t hear from you, all the best for the future.

7. 4.0

Good company

Apr 8, 2022 - Software Engineer in Sofia, Sofia (city)
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice colleagues, interesting domain, good processes

Cons

-salary review is rarely made -not much opportunity

Associate Director of People

Thank you for your review. Although you are no longer with us, we’re pleased you enjoyed working in your team. With regards to pay, we have an annual pay review, during which we use external benchmarking data to ensure our salaries are inline with the market. For software engineers, we also have a progression framework, giving visibility of what’s expected at each level, working with their dedicated engineering manager on their personalised plan to achieve their career goals. So I can understand more about your experience, particularly in relation to pay and progression, I’d like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. If you’d like to speak, please contact me via: mclarkecowell@holidayextras.com. If I don’t hear from you, I wish you all the best for the future.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Okay

Apr 14, 2022 - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff and good pay

Cons

Not enough hours that are given

Associate Director of People

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great that you enjoy working in our team as we have a group of amazing and friendly people here at Holiday Extras. We have recently completed our annual pay review and the feedback we’ve received internally has been positive, so we’re pleased to read your comments reflecting this too. Regarding your hours, please reach out to me or your manager about this, so we can discuss further and see what’s possible.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

I'm never leaving.

Mar 17, 2022 - Software Tester
      Business Outlook

Pros

Holiday Extras isn't just a place of work it is a family and community. Having worked previously for the company in the call centre for several years, I never would have left if it wasn't for covid, however now returning after a year and a half break, I realise how lucky I am to work here and I can say now, I'm never going to leave. Here I feel valued, and I appreciate all of my colleagues around me for being supportive. There is no such thing as a stupid question. I can express my thoughts, feelings, queries and feel like I'm being included in the companies lifestyle. Holiday Extras go above and beyond to try and accommodate all areas and working lifestyles whereas other businesses may not. It is a flexible way of working with a support from every angle. This is what makes them so special to work for as you are not just an employee, you are a human being and a member of the family.

Cons

Personally I don't have any cons, the business is forever making sure the happiness of their employees comes first.

2 people found this review helpful

Associate Director of People

Firstly welcome back to the team! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We work really hard to create an inclusive, friendly environment so it was great to hear that reflected in your feedback. Please continue to feed back to us via our regular company-wide Check-in surveys if you have any suggestions on how we can make Holiday Extras an even better place to work.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Mar 13, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Munich, Bavaria
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and interesting work, mostly full stack.

Cons

Legacy + lots of soap

Associate Director of People

Thank you for your review. Although you are relatively new to the team, we hope you are continuing to enjoy working with us. We are proud of our progressive approach to tech and have a team of amazing experts who care passionately about being pioneering in this space. We have a small amount of legacy tech but very little considering we are 40 years young. We are always open to innovative ideas however, so if you have any suggestions on how we can do things faster/better, please let us know via our various internal channels.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 213 Reviews

Holiday Extras Reviews FAQs

Holiday Extras has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 221 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Holiday Extras to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Holiday Extras employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Holiday Extras. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

66% of Holiday Extras employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Holiday Extras 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Holiday Extras to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Holiday Extras Job Seekers