Amazon Software Development Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amazon Software Development Engineer II Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Interview

Internships are used as a prolonged interview. You are constantly being monitored on your progress, problem-solving skills, how you deal with ambiguity, and your technical thinking, not to mention your ability to deliver under a lack of direction and guidance.

Interview Questions

• Establishing a foundation of growth, and showing you know how to learn and deliver results.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

1) Standard Amazon Coding Assessment
    2) Phone Screen (Because I didn't do great on one coding assessment question)
    3) Onsite (3 coding rounds, 1 behavioral, 1 System Design and Lunch). Lunch is not evaluated.

Interview Questions

• Lot of behavioral questions on their leadership principles.
      Leetcode questions on graphs and arrays during phone and onsite interview.   2 Answers

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

The process was as described in other Glassdoor reviews. One 90 min coding challenge, one phone screen interview and 4 hours onsite interview.

Two design and two algorithm questions. I'd seen one of the algorithm questions on Glassdoor -Amazon reviews- before the interview :)
    Each interviewer also asked two or three questions about leadership principles. These questions also could be found on Glassdoor. I think these questions and the interviewee's answers have more impact on the result than coding stuff!
    I prepared a lot of questions to ask form them and they answered my questions very well. The bar raiser interviewer explained about her responsibilities a lot which was very nice to me. I had very great experience.

Interview Questions

• Two design and two algorithm questions (Binary Tree, HashTable, LinkedList, etc).   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Interview

Recruiter set up a technical phone screen with one of the engineer. She asked me two technical questions and some behavioral questions. It did well in both technical questions as well behavioral questions. She told me that solutions for both questions are correct. I felt that even she was not well prepared for interview as well. In between, she came up with random questions. One day later, they came back saying they would like to consider me for SDE1 instead of SDE2 . Currently, I am working as SDE2. Why would I want to demote myself ? I declined the request.

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

One round of OA consisting simple programming questions and one phone interview with some behavior questions and one technical algorithm questions and onsite with 5, 45 minutes interviews. Asked about system design, algorithms, behavior and overall Amazon value. Great interview experience with helpful recruiter and interviewer.

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Tempe, AZ (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter. Coding challenge was average. After that got invited for an onsite interview. Signed NDA, so can't reveal exact questions, but brush up Data Structures and Algorithms. They also give focus on behavioral questions (especially Amazon Leadership Principles).

Unfortunately, no offer is made. 3 coding interviews went well, but I think royally bombed system design question. And as an SDE-II, you should be good at it.

Tempe team is friendly and helpful. Overall good experience. Maybe someday I will meet them again. ;)

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

Had a first call with recruiter. Second call was with the hiring manager who seemed least interested in taking the interview. She asked me couple of algorithms and scalability related questions.

Interview Questions

• Preorder tree related question.   3 Answers

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of four separate meetings, each lasting an hour, and either one or two interviewers present at each session. I was placed in a small conference room with a whiteboard, and the interviewers would come in at their predetermined time. This was part of an event, and I know there were at least two others interviewing for the same position that day (as I ran into and talked with them).

Interview Questions

• How would you design a software system that controls a traffic signal? Draw the system on the white board.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Got an a call with the recruiter after a phone call. Recruiter was very nice, the best I have ever worked with. Very honest and straightforward. We set up a technical phone interview. After the interview, we set up an onsite. The onsite was pretty standard and basically what I expected: heavy focus on behavioral and technical. I would say the split was 60-40. Questions were fairly standard and on the easy side.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Lots of technical questions around how technologies work. A lot of it was conceptual. No algorithmic questions.   1 Answer
    • Onsite Interview #1: Intense full behavioral interview around leadership principles   3 Answers
    • Onsite Interview #2: More leadership principle interview   Answer Question
    • Onsite Interview #3: Swap every other element in a linked list. e.g. a->b->c->d becomes b->a->d->c   1 Answer
    • Onsite Interview #4: Write class for trie and searching in a trie   Answer Question
    • Onsite Interview #5: System design interview. Design a system to count in a sliding window   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a recruiter call, followed by a 1-hr online test . It was not difficult if you are well versed with algorithms and can identify patterns in problems. I was then invited to interview at a hiring event, there were about 15 other candidates.

The onsite event had 4 rounds of whiteboard coding, 1 scalable system design, 1 object oriented design and 2 algorithms/problem solving rounds. Each interview had many questions on amazon leadership principles so make sure you read them and also prepare your answers based off those leadership principles.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.