Continental Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Dec 2018

3.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Continental in August 2014.

Interview

First phone screen by HR. Then scheduled a tech interview in a month. Tech interview was for an hour- asked questions about experience, resume, academic background. The person was really friendly and gave me all the information regarding the position I was interviewing for.
Finally called for an on-site after another month.
On-site interview was standard- Technical test, Panel interview with 2 engineers from the team, then with 2 managers and finally director. The people were friendly, and seemed professional. Although I have to say the people taking the tech interview were not prepared at all. They were making up random questions- most of them irrelevant.
Now the worst part of the interview: After the onsite, I waited for a week, and mailed HR regarding status. She said it will take a week or more. A month later, I inquired about the status again with the two HR people who had scheduled my interview. Both didn't reply. I figured, they must be busy. So I waited another month, and inquired again. Yet again, no reply from both recruiters as well as the hiring manager.
I never expected such an unprofessional treatment from a company like this. Even after an onsite, they did not have the courtesy to reply with a decision. So I have no response from anyone from the company in 3 months after the on-site interview- really frustrating. I assumed it to be a reject.
The people in HR should have the courtesy of at least responding to people who have interviewed. And giving a decision even if it is a reject. Cold treatment with no response is no way for a company to treat it's potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Regular stuff- pointers, linkedlists, array sorting,etc
    One quiz was given based on C programming with a time limit of 20 mins -simple stuff   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Continental

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview. No behavior question. Ask some technical questions about C programming. The interviewer is around 1 hour long. Once you don't know the answer. The interviewer will guide you thinking step by step and find your own conclusion and answer.

There will be three people inside the room with you. The environment is very intense.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taman Prai (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Continental (Taman Prai (Malaysia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief but there isn't much information regarding the job. A questionnaire was send out first to test your basic programming skills, logic and basic IO knowledge.
    Interviewer is well versed on the topic and very focused on the technical answers.
    Evaluation is based on your answers.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Continental (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was an hour Interview,with 2 ,one girl and one guy,both of them were kind and helpful.They asked me some things,and helped me if I did not know the complete answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy and i applied through online.questions was very basic and did not expect it to be easy.it first round was face to face technical round ,they asked to introduce myself and then started shooting questions.i would say continental is such a good company anyone would love to work there.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two interviewers, one of them was very patient and calm, he gave some hints when I am not able to answer the question; another guy is impatient and ego, ask question in aggressive way.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain your current project
      2. Draw state diagram of telephone
      3. Find out errors in the code   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi Sad (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Novi Sad (Serbia)).

Interview

Technical round followed by HR round followed by another HR round. They are looking how well you will handle stress and team. Prepare for interview and make sure you are strong in basics which were taught in university. Give precise answers and if you blabber, they are going to ask more questions based on your answer

Interview Questions

• Signals (PWM, ADC, DAC), Geek for Geeks   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Continental (Bengaluru) in September 2017.

Interview

The written round included a combination of aptitude and basic electronics questions. The interview was mainly focused on c programming. Overall the process was a good experience, as clear instructions were given at each stage.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Continental (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

You have to go through IQ and personality test, then phone interview only then finally face to face interview . The phone interview don't have technical questions but you would be asked what u had done in your career.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuautla Morelos (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Continental (Cuautla Morelos (Mexico)) in December 2014.

Interview

I sent a e-mail with my CV and then they contacted me to a job interview with the Software Staff who asked me several questions about c programming. I really do not know what such people I treated, however it seemed to me that they were the less professional ones.They were laughing through the time that last the interview. I really hope Continental will make some to avoid this in the future.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.