IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 31 Mar 2019

2.7

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in fall of 2010 at a technical services delivery center. I met a company rep at a job fair and he encouraged me to arrange an interview. The interview process was very professional. I caught a quick glimpse of the main floor, it's very open with short cubicles. In the interview there were fairly standard questions asked. The one takeaway I was able to gather was that coming in an an entry level employee they expect you to work as many hours as the job requires (travel, project tasks, etc). Work/life balance appears to be very poor and opportunity for advancement seemed questionable. But very impressive office space, it's incredibly green-friendly which I appreciated. Very fast-paced though.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about what we do here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions

• They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Very unorganized when setting up interview. Never called my available telephone to leave a message. Only sent an email and did not allow more than a day to respond. Phone interview was more informative about what they do and what they are looking for rather than talking about how I was able to help the company and why I would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Provide me an example of projects you managed in your previous positions as a Project Manager   1 Answer
    • Asked more questions about what this position entailed and they were too vague on what they really do for their customers.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Negotiation

Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

Applied online twice for the same job. Nothing the first time. Second time mentioned a contact that was an IBM employee. Their hiring team is in another state. Only one HR person onsite so the Managers do the interviewing. Got a call to set up the interview. Interviewed with a manager that hardly spoke about the available position.

Interview Questions

• Hardly spoke about the actual position. They just spoke about thier experiences at IBM.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A woman in another state called with an offer about a week later. Told her I'd get back with her - called and asked for more money she didn't even run it by anyone just automatically said no. Took the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

(1)30 Minute Initial phone screen Interview with recruiter (2) 1 hour interview with Practioner; very informal discussed project management and my experience. (3) Panel Interview and Presentation - Had 1 on 1 interviews with 4 different Practioners. Once done, you are provided with a case study and you must present your solution.

Was offered another position but with less travel.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

This was a massive job fair - not happy with the time spent and the disinterested employees (not hiring managers) I spent some limited time with in a short, noisy ballroom with hundreds of other potential employees.

The employee was much younger and snotty. She showed no concern whatsoever as a potential employee of IBM.

Interview Questions

• Asked me specifics on survey research   1 Answer
    • What business division are you interested in?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi, IA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Delhi, IA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially staffing agency shortlisted and forwarded resume then a personal interview and then just 1 more final interview regarding package

Interview Questions

• Explain about your previous IT Project   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different managers

Interview Questions

• Give a scenario where something went wrong on a project and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.