IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out after 4-5 months, discussed salary requirements + 3 weeks - 1st 15 minutes phone interview with Hiring Manager + 2 weeks - Skype interview with team. Offer received in December - timeline 6months.

Interview Questions

• How or what would inform your selection of players from a group of random strangers to form a soccer team on a Saturday morning at the local pitch.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Cleveland, OH (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screen with the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in for a full day of interviews with different teams in the group. I had a few more chats with the hiring manager over the phone and was told that we would be "moving forward" (strongly implied that I got the job). I completed the background check and passed. After several weeks of waiting to receive a formal offer letter, I was told that the company was on a hiring "pause" and that they could no longer move forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate difficult people to complete assigned tasks?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Introduction followed by agenda with time left for questions and answer. Next steps discussed along with timeline. Deal breakers also reviewed. e.g. travel expected monday-thursday

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The entire process from resume submission until I received an offer letter took almost 6 months. No pre-screening - my first interview was with a portfolio manager, the following one with the manager. Both very professional.
    I was invited to the orientation session with a minimal lead time (1-2 business days) where air travel was required. The orientation session was totally useless (waste of time). The only benefit of it was to get a laptop, a badge, and to provide required documents.

Interview Questions

• I was hit by questions including terminology commonly used at IBM. Especially abbreviations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation whatsoever. On my application form (resume submission) I put my expected salary. My offer letter included the

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2016.

Interview

Received call to interview with staffing agency. Waited a few weeks to get a phone screen with IBM. Was hired on the phone with the hiring manager and managing consultant.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring involves talking to the HR over the phone first for screen and then few weeks later they invite you in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How would you or what steps would you take to approach a new project?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The multiple person interview process focused on my background and technical experience. The interviewers emphasized the need for adaptability. There was also a request for multiple professional references.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

Normal as any big companies like Dell, HP, Fujitsu, Asus, Toshiba. It took 40 minutes the whole interview. This is nothing to worry about it, just be yourself! But, you must dress accordingly

Interview Questions

• About your skills and work experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.