IBM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

Met HR and department. Met some department heads, quiz on some computer questions.. Asked what other positions I might be interested with.. What have I been doing from college til now.

Interview Questions

• how many years you have been IT. what is your skillset. What computer skills you have.
    Where did you graduate, when did you graduate.. Where do you see yourself, 10 years from now. What other jobs you might be interesting in. Describe the backup of your computer skills from college to the present day job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

. Initial phone screen was pretty interesting, as I shared my experience in the area, the manager also shared his experience & stories , felt like a very casual conversation between two old friends.
    The actual face-face interview took part in their work place, totally 2hours. one team leader, two senior software engineers, and another manager.

Interview Questions

• typical object-oriented programming language questions such as Java, C++   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was really short in my opinion. There were two parts. One was over the phone and the other was flying you into a location with other interviewees. I do have to say it seemed organized but crunched for time. Felt more like something from the 1980s.

Interview Questions

• There were situational questions such as, "Tell me about a time when you realized you weren't going to complete a critical path part of the project on time? What did you do?"   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Marlborough, MA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first with technical questions from hiring manager. Followed by three short onsite interviews that were 1:1 technical interviews. Also asked to give a whiteboard technical presentation to a 10 person engineering team on a project i recently developed.

Interview Questions

• Would you write a client/server app using TCP or UDP if performance was your primary consideration?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Dayton, OH (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and well organized. I was placed in a nice hotel and the interviewer comes to my room for interviewing. There were three rounds of interview and it was very well organized.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience and my skill set assessment   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview process was very rigorous - asked about development methodology, release process, large group development and more.
    On the software side - specific programming skills were tested. A large project was given as an example and one was asked to define the approach of building the solution with a few junior developers - clear breakdown of project into modules and components with a focus on the classes to be developed - their functionality interaction and fit with other components.
    Be prepared - you have to be good to pass with solid real world experience - they are not a big fan of academics here - Research hires PHds with a track record.

Interview Questions

• Given a project to port an application from AIX to a portable platform neutral format. Approach and modules to be developed.   1 Answer

Salary was not adequate and comparable to my then current position. Also the interviewers were not as talented as I hoped. Wanted to work with more experienced and talented individuals

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview

Had 3 interviews for this position. Hiring 1st level manager, 2nd line manager, and one peer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Foster City, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Database questions (given a use case, design tables, write queries to get certain data out), Java OOP questions, synchronization in Java, HashMap + hashcode questions, Hibernate questions, Flex questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some Hibernate questions that I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a little on salary and also got sign-on bonus

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

3 - 4 rounds of interviews
    Usual questions on programming especially C
    Linked Lists, bitmaps binary search trees
    Networking basics, TCP/IP, routing switching
    Some genric problem solvign type questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Emeryville, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Communicated with recruiters at the Emeryville CA office. They gave me a prescreening problem to solve.. I submitted my solution.. then nothing.. they seemed interested!! Guess not
    Ghosting.. not nice.

Interview Questions

• find number of occurrences of a word on a list of word.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.