MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 15 May 2019

2.4

Sort:

Junior Matte Painter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I had a very good experience with this interview. They were very interested in how I felt about being a Junior artist as opposed to a fully autonomous Senior artist.

Interview Questions

• What is one issue that came up during a production you worked on, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Sat down and had a conversation about the job on offer and took some time to think it over then I came back with a response to the job offer.

Technical Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MPC (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I am from the states. It took about 30-45 minutes. After about 2 hours, I was offered the position and they were helpful with the move. They accommodated the flight as well as a hotel room for the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for MPC?
      -What is your previous experience?

Mostly discussed what was on my demo reel.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in October 2014.

Interview

I had two Interviews. One to get to know me and questions on work flow and cases. Next totally technical on software and programming. Both the interviews lasted an hour each.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MPC (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the head of production who asked me about my background. He then asked me to come in for an interview. Interview went very well with standard questions about your background and where you see yourself in a few years. I was then asked to come back for a 2nd interview to meet with the EP. This was a totally different experience. I was kept waiting for about 20 minutes which is understandable these people are busy and it is a work day. However this interview only last about 25 minutes and she apologized as she had to go off to another meeting. Needless to say I never heard back despite my follow up emails. Personally I would recommend asking the interviewer to come back another day at least make him feel he's getting a fair shot.

Interview Questions

• Your background, skills, weakness, strength, the ability to want to grow with the company.   1 Answer

PR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I was told about the open position from a close friend who worked at the company. I noted this in my initial email, which was sent to the general inbox for all US recruiters. I received a call a few days later from the parent company of MPC which I didn't originally recognize and probably set a tone for our later phone interview.

We setup a time to do a preliminary phone interview/screening. I worked for an agency at the time and referred to MPC as an agency. The Hiring Manager corrected me immediately, stating MPC is not an agency. It was an incorrect use of the word, but by no means a deal breaker. But I got the impression from her response that it was definitely a no-no.

Two strikes. I didn't have a third. They take what they do very seriously, and with good reason. But I did feel like my overall experience was overlooked due to the fact that I wasn't saying the right thing.

The interview itself was standard: she asked how I learned about the position, why I was interested in joining the company, my experience with building brands, etc.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MPC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. It was thorough. I was taken on a tour of the studio. It is a nice studio. Beautiful flowers and beautiful people. I liked it a lot.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in running / reception / client services / PA   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in December 2014.

Interview

I had recently graduated and had applied several times. Finally someone from MPCLA emailed me the interview for a Runner position. She told me to wear a suit and tie which I did. The receptionist brought me up to the roof deck and asked me to wait on a couch. Not long after, a meeting formed which I was sitting adjacent to (about 10 people) as I waited awkwardly for about 40 mimutes for HR to arrive.

I was incredibly overdressed and uncomfortable as everyone else was dressed in T shirts and jeans. To make matters worse, I was able to hear everything being said at the meeting and I really had no business being where I was. Finally when the HR arrived she brought me to another, more private, couch and began the interview. There were two people from HR, it was pretty straightforward. She asked me when I could start, explained to me the details of the job and asked if I had any questions. She seemed really cold and uptight - standoffish. It was like talking to to a prison guard, she made know effort to comfort or conversate whatsoever and made the job seem incredibly miserable.

I kept positive and kept insisting that I was interested. It was like she was trying to get me to hate the job.

After the interview, they told me to wait for a follow up call or email. None of which came. After I emailed and called them they finally told me I didn't get the job.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with the head of operations, talked at length for an hour about what was to be expected of the job. Was able to have a good discussion of the future, and the benefits of joining the company. then was hired that week via phone call.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be here? what are your goals for coming here.   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Interview

They left a voicemail saying they were from MPC and wanted to talk about the Runner position. I called back. They asked simple questions. After they said they would call back to schedule an interview on Friday, but they never called so I called them. Didn't answer so I left a message and they didn't even call back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.