Microsoft Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair at school. I was chosen for my interview because of the internship experience I had.

The on campus interview consisted of a technical question, and a bunch of behavioural questions.

After a few weeks, I found out I would be heading to Redmon for an on campus interview. The all day interview consists of five interviews. One of which is an informal lunch interview. The questions are in line with what you'll find digging around this website, but seriously don't stress too much about it. They just want to see that you have technical chops and the communications skills to explain them.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most challenging project.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Prior to this there was a phone interview screening of candidates.
    Four 1:1 interviews with technical and culture fit questions.
    All interviewees were broken up into two groups, a morning and an afternoon one. Then these groups were broken up smaller by the type of roles being interviewed for and over the next 4 hours we had 4 x 50 minute interviews with interviewers of different backgrounds at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a linked list and write a function to insert a value into it.
      Design an X for Y target demographic. (Common household device)
      Here are the specifications for a V1 of a product. It sells well to prosumers but we want it to be more generally marketable, how would you go about designing a V2 of it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen, then set up in person with hirining manager. Next the process was a panel interview with several team members and a stakeholder. after the interview it took 2 weeks to get a response either way.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle an upset customer who is ready to move to a competitor service   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Haven, CT (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to an on-campus recruiter, got an 30-minute on-campus interview in which I was asked pretty superficial questions about products that I liked and the problems I'd expect to encounter when designing a document-sharing system. But alas, I was not asked to travel for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a software product that you like/don't like & how you would improve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a screening interview on my college campus. Most questions were designed to gauge your product sense and make sure you had the right CS experience. The second stage was a series of 5 interviews on-site. The first one was a behavioral interview with a very senior person. Interviews 2, 3 and 4 were product questions. The last interview was a long conversation on what it's like to be a PM. All interviewers were very warm people and the questions they had selected were quite fun!

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, and a lot of product questions on Microsoft's products. You don't need to know in advance the in and outs of every Microsoft product but it helps to get a PM mindset beforehand. I prepared mostly with "Decode and Conquer: Answers to Product Management Interviews" by Lewis Lin. I found the book very helpful with lots of practice questions and template answers.   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

5 rounds with technical and pm questions. I was asked to come the next day to meet a senior director. I was questioned about what my interests were and why was I applying for Microsoft and for the PM role.

Interview Questions

• Design a file sharing system.
      Design a airport ticket booking system.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Very vague questions about process management, manager was hard to understand, didn't seem to know what they were talking about. I don't know if they were prepared to interview me or not.

Interview Questions

• What technology stacks do you work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

45 min phone / on campus screen (depending on if you're a college hire)
    3-5 back to back interviews. everyone has 3 interviews. the 4th and 5th are as appropriate. first 4 interviews are product design based, the 5th one is with a higher up PM and that's just more gauging fit.

Interview Questions

• - tell me about a product you like, how can you improve it, why
      - design for me a tablet that will be at every seat in a stadium of a football game
      - explain the PM position to someone that doesn't get it
      - 3 step design problem, but basically design for me a tablet that will be used in taxi cabs. You decide the features, scenarios, and users. and then storyboard from there.
      - design a tablet thats sole purpose is to play sudoku
      - now tell me how you would implement the sudoku logic software in the tablet
      - now write out UML diagrams for the classes of the sudoku game   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had an initial interview and then an onsite many months later. Onsite, I had a full day of interviews: morning brief with recruiter + 2 team interviews + lunch interview + 2 other interviews. I was there from 9am-5pm and very exhausted by the end. Everyone was really nice and friendly though.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for any number of questions ranging from very specific to very broad. 3 questions I was asked:
      Take any production chain, how can you optimize the production process?
      Design a product to monitor the wellbeing of pets while the owner is away.
      You are a PM at a startup that works with big data. Now what?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university in the career fair. The process took 3-4 days. There was an initial 1:1 interview with the recruiter at the university and after clearing that, a site visit interview with 4 rounds. They also had a lunch interview. The entire process took about 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How will you design a universal remote for the visually challenged?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.