Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was invited for networking event with online questionnaire. Online questionnaire had leetcode's easy to medium difficulty level questions. I cracked it and I was invited for onsite. Onsite had 4 tech rounds. 2 tech rounds were by Hiring managers and 2 tech rounds were by Tech lead and Software engineer I believe.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree question. Solution involved doing inorder traversal. Not exactly remembering question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

- Recruiter Interaction, included job fair and follow-up phone call.
    - Phone Screen: standard technical screen which went over resume projects and coding problem to solve.
    - 4 rounds of onsite: Each round included white board problems. Was asked in total 6 problems to solve between each round. Each round had some behavioral questions asked, typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: What situations have you experienced where someone did not agree with your solution, how did you get through that?

For coding review, know your algorithms and data structures.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Got an internal referral and recruiter phone interview first. Secondly finished online assessment which was very easy, then went to the on-site hire event with four rounds of coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Tree; Detect and Remove Loop in a Linked List   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was college hiring.. smooth and quick. Got interviewed by 4 people and had 1 tech screen.
    The interviewers were great and made me comfortable. It was a 2 day campus hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

5 loops of 1 hour interviews with one lunch interview that lasted double the time than all the other interviews. lunch was paid by the interviewer I had during the lunch interview, over all it was a good process I loved it and I decided to accept my offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

It’s for an event Interview. First step was online tech screening. It ranges from easy to medium difficulty problems. You might be asked to write an algorithm or find bugs and provide fixes or write possible test cases. I had three such problems. One Straight forward coding problem. One to find bugs and provide fixes. One data structure implementation(medium difficulty).
    Then onsite interview with 4 rounds. Pretty straight forward white board coding questions. First round scenario based problems. Second round implementing a data structure. Third round scenario based problem. Fourth is hard difficulty problem. Leetcode is the best source for MSFT interviews. I would say expect Atleast two rounds out of leetcode but one should be able to solve it if practiced enough. I got three problems outside of leetcode. Got call from the recruiting manager the next business day and discussed the offer. Super quick turn around from them!!

Negotiation

I got quite good offer so did not negotiate much!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Campus Interview, one on one with a Software Engineer at Microsoft, who asked some technical questions and then opened the conversation for questions ~30 min total. I had attended my college's engineering career fair and was then selected for an in-person interview the following few days.

Interview Questions

• Program an analog clock.   3 Answers
    • Program the Game "Bobble" (word search game - 4x4 grid of letters) you are given a dictionary.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied on their website and received a coding challenge with 3 questions that is to be completed in 1 hour. There was no environment and language specified. Received an invitation to interview on site 3 days later. There were 4 technical + behavioral interviews and 1 final behavioral. Interviewers provides feedbacks on your algorithms and are looking for ready-to-ship solutions (remember edge cases --> this is very important, and downsides!). Ask for expected input and outputs to be sure. Heard back 2 weeks after onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that copies buffers content from a linked list to another one where both lists total buffer size is variable.   1 Answer
    • Given a list of integers l and an int k, find all continuous sequences in l that sum to k.   1 Answer
    • Design a pub/sub system. Multithread it.   Answer Question
    • Reverse all words in a sentence and keep punctuation (liberty in deciding this) in place. "I am Ironman." becomes "I ma namnorI."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round was an on campus technical interview. This was followed by an on site interview in Seattle consisting of 4/5 interview rounds. The interviews were technical and included concepts on computer engineering/database/security.

Interview Questions

• Sorting of a binary search tree, grid game   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I have attended telephonic technical interview. It took around 60 mins overall. Intially, started with my previous projects and my background work and asked few relevant questions. About 30 mins the discussion went well. After that he asked me about deep copy and shallow copy. And coded with some examples. The experience was good but the process seems to be little tough to get into and I am waiting for the confirmation for next levels.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between deep copy and shallow copy and implement sample coding on this?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.