Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   6 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1. On campus interview
    2. Final round online

final round had 4 interviews back to back testing algorithm questions
    if you do leetcode mostly you should be fine

try to practice because they will look at your speed and thought process as well
    the experience also depends on interviewer but overall not bad at all

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I highly recommend people applying for jobs at Microsoft to attend their Virtual seminars. It helps a lot connect directly with recruiters. I am still in the middle of the interview process. Very well structured 60 minutes phone interview. Started with my intro and projects that I have been working on followed by a coding question and then a small design discussion.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium and hard questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I started with an on campus technical interview, and then I was invited out to Seattle to complete 5 consecutive technical interviews. I felt like they were only interested in testing me on the spot, I definitely suffer under high pressure situations like that. I didn’t feel that this was a good environment to show what I can do code wise, and they barely asked me questions about extensive industry experience. They also really didn’t care to get to know me at all.

Interview Questions

• On campus, I was asked to solve a simple string manipulation problem and a text search problem.   2 Answers
    • In Seattle, I had 5 back to back technicals. This was exhausting, and much higher pressure as you have several engineers watching you work. I was asked several difficult graph search problems, difficult sorting problems, and one weird linked-list dictionary problem.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Really nice progress. Everything was clear and straight forward. This is probably due to the fact that everything is remote. It made things a bit easy going. Using COVID 19 to my advantage, i hope you do the same.

Interview Questions

• When you type in google.com what happens?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview of 45 min each. Was asked coding questions based on data structures and concurrency. Leetcode medium level. 3 rounds went well and one did not go well. Recruiter told me this.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview of 45 min each. I was asked coding questions based on data structures and concurrency. additional emphasis on algorithms, and some emphasis on personality fit at the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Easy and rather short . Two technical phone interviews. The second was more behavioral than technical. Worked through the solution with my interviewer and worked through testing. That was really helpful as far as communication goes. Really liked the experience overall

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Brief about my experience? (Give clear explanation of your skills)
    What is the thought process on creating games which has grids (Like SUDOKU, Minesweaper etc.,)
    What is the difference between java.util.Random and Math.random()?

Interview Questions

• Generate a random character grid (size can be n * m for ex: 4 * 5) with only 5 values as '1' and all other values filled with '0's.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The whole process felt really rushed and mismanaged. After passing the online assignment I got offered an onsite in Redmond 10 days later, I was not offered the option to reschedule since recruiter claimed it was the only hiring event for that team (later I learned this events happen pretty often). I accepted, microsoft took a week to send me the travel arrangements and my flights where confirmed less than 3 days before the onsite, making it hard to plan ahead and get days off my current job. I emailed the recruiter the day after passing the online assignment asking for some guidance on materials to prepare for the onsites, no answer, I got an email from him with some prep material the evening before the interview! 5 days after the onsite I got a call from the recruiter saying that I wasn't selected for this role but that they had another opening that might fit me better and encouraged me to re-interview right away, I declined the offer and asked to get some feedback from my onsites on areas to improve, recruiter didn't have the feedback at the time but said I should be receiving it by email in the next day. That was 3 weeks ago, still waiting...

As for the onsites, I had 4 hours of technical interviews, 3 on DS and Algs 1 on Systems Design, interviewers where really nice and helpful, the problems where about medium leetcode difficulty. One of the interviewers seemed a bit shocked when I said I was gonna do the challenge in python, ( this was already determined since day 1 when I spoke with the recruiter) and seemed to be improvising the challenge as we went, which made the whole thing pretty confusing, so that didn't feel great.

Overall the onsite experience was positive, but recruiting process was one of the worst I ever experienced

Interview Questions

• Medium leetcode stuff. Create a cache system (Hashing tables, Linked lists...), Labyrinth grid challenge, substr in string...   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.