Samsung Electronics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Electronics Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Electronics

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2014.

Interview

I was taking a phone interview for internship. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung and Java languages.

Interview Questions

• Ask me details of what project I think is most unsuccessful.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Electronics

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Applied in the college career fair, it took several weeks to get back to me. There are 2 rounds of phone interview, and coming after that is 1 onsite interview. It's located in south bay area. The interviews are not so difficult. One need to be very familiar with what's listed on the resume. Moreover, some basic programming questions and knowledge questions are also asked. The onsite process is long, so have a good sleep before it comes!

Interview Questions

• A search question which uses recursion   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

At first they ask to give a written test. which is based on aptitude test and coding skills. and number distribution is 50-50. after passing the written examination, they ask to attend the technical viva, which is pretty much based on string related problems, oop concepts etc.Last part is slotted for an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Apply online, got call from recruiter, Easy process, easy people to meet, the overall interview process is pretty smooth, met a few team member, manager, they seem pretty nice, get the offer later, would recommend to other applicant

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

After getting contacted by the vendor, I got scheduled for the interview. It was a panel of 3 people asking on various technologies. The first round was a phone call and the second round was skype call. Interview went great. Lot real time scenarios have been asked.

Interview Questions

• Design and Development of REST API.
      Scaling large scale websites.
      Complex MySql Queries etc.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview two weeks after I applied. Phone interview was simple. It includes some basic algorithm concepts and knowledge about python (I told him I am familiar with Python).
        Invited to the on-site interview a few days later and scheduled it one week later. There were five white-board interviews, about one hour each. Four of them were Leetcode questions(medium to hard) or similar. One was just asking some ideas about the technology field.
       Rejected one week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Merge k sorted linked-list
      2. Search in rotated sorted array
      3. Design LRU system   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter Bangalore contacted me through a job portal and asked me for my profile. After that he asked me to schedule a phone interview, once I asked for convenient dates, he dint reply for 20 days. After that he called and asked to schedule a face to face interview at San Jose, California . He clearly told that it will be a discussion with HR.

Once I traveled there, he called me(The HR had come from India to USA just take interviews or may he wanted to come to USA so he made up a reason in front of his higher management) and told that he had left a "voice mail" on my phone about the interview time which was much earlier than the time we decided via email few days back. I somehow ran to the Samsung research at Mountainview and made it on time. After I go there, he said the interview is delayed by 30 mins and made me roam around from building to building. Finally, when the interview started, they told me it will be a TECHNICAL interview(for which I was not at all prepared for). It was a 3 panel interview, one guy was not at all interested in the interview, he left after 20 mins. Other guy, the HR, came after 40 mins to the interview. The third guy whom I interviewed with was not aware about which area to focus on so he just started asking questions about what he knows. He was focused on the areas I am not interested in and courses that do not belong to my field of interest. Frankly, he was trying to show off his intelligence than understanding my profile and expertise. At the end, When I asked him about the Harman aquisition, he asked me "Oh, when did that happen?". So you can imagine the type of expertise he had in interviewing candidates.

I literally felt like there was absolutely no management at all. Even a kindergarten kid would have done a better job than these guys. No clear communication, no action plan and no one knew what they were suppose to do. It was the most disgusting experience ever.

Interview Questions

• 1) write a program to create circular queue?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

SSAT exam (changed to GSAT after I got offered) -> on-site interview

Each step takes one full day. And on-site interview has 3 categories. Technical knowledge, personal character and English speaking skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

This role was for linux kernel device driver dev engg. The team was building what I thought was a very good platform. I applied online (Career site), then there was a typical phone coding interview after which I was called onsite. On site, I was let go after 3 rounds as they felt they needed someone with more than 7 years of exp for the role they were looking out to fill vs I had 3 in linux device drivers.

Interview Questions

• Onsite questions were relating to linux and device driver concept and some c++14 questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It took me two weeks. One technical interview + onsite interview. In the technical interview, talk about my research and technical background. In the onsite interview, I need to discuss with several managers and make a presentation

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.