Zendesk Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zendesk Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Zendesk

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter schedules the interview within a month. I had two rounds of interviews using Zoom. The first round is an easy algorithm question and the second round is behavioral questions. Good interviewers and reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• One technical question in the first round. Several behavioral questions in the second round.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zendesk

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zendesk in October 2019.

Interview

after submit resume, receive a survey in about one week that ask for some personal choice
    Then schedule a phone screen 30 min in one week
    There's only one coding problem and optional result is not needed, implementation is important

Interview Questions

• It's like giving an encoded string (a~z) and then find the encode method.
      The question is easy on algorithms. The difficulty is to understand how this encoded string forms   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

1st - Filled out questionnaire (Background)
    2nd - video call (behavioral questions)
    3rd - 5 days project (build a game)
    4th - Onsite (resume dive, design, background)

Overall experience was good. Waited 2 weeks for the onsite invitation and 3-4 days for the decision. Everyone I met were nice and I felt very welcome.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview process took 3-4 weeks. First received a take-home coding assignment, followed by a typical phone screen where they asked about previous experience and projects. Last, is an onsite of about 3-4 hours.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through university's career fair. First round was an video interview, with some basic questions and past experiences. After clearing that round, was called to San Francisco for on-site. 4 Interviews back to back with medium difficulty questions and again some discussion on my resume.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk in February 2018.

Interview

The first round was really good. The second round was not very good. Walk through the algorithm step and step and finally I began to write. But sadly I didn't get everything right.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk in February 2018.

Interview

The college recruiting manager is very nice. She has scheduled a technical phone interview with a female software engineer. I have a coding challenge under her supervision and she pointed out my method's flaws several times. They are friendly and all stuff I encountered are female.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zendesk (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Got an email 2-3 weeks after application saying I needed to fill out 7 questions (this instead of calling). Hear back 1 week later to a coding challenge that I have 5 days to do. 2 weeks later is the skype interview with the hiring manager, then an on-site a few days after that at SF office.

Interview Questions

• 1 whiteboard and 2 design questions trying to see how you think/problem solve a problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zendesk.

Interview

Applied online. Received a questionnaire asking about my background and interests.

The second step was a technical phone screen with an engineer from the team that was hiring. It was a quite simple problem that asked to implement a more specialized data structure using basic data structures.

The third and final step was a remote onsite about 3 hours. There were 2 engineers interviewing. The task was to implement a specialized database. The first hour was spent on discussing the design and how I would approach the problem. Then 2 hours was spent on me screen sharing and coding the solution out. I was also allowed to use everything online etc.

Overall okayish experience. But there was no feedback on what I did good and what I should have improved. Also, no time for questions and interviews focused only on technical skills. I wonder what does it tell about the culture?

Interview Questions

• Implement a durable and persistent database with special commands.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zendesk (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Phone call with HR. Talked about why did I apply,about myself, about my projects.,my future. The HR person was very nice. The interview lasted for 15mins. I got a replay for HR to set up a phone call week after sending application. Received answer week after the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe projects you were involved in
      Tell me about what you know aboutthe company
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.