Amazon Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Amazon Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.4

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter was great she sent a real thorough email capturing the job description, profile of people in the team etc.
The hiring manager was a relatively new manager and got defensive after a couple of responses

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an opportunity you saw and converted into revenue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

8 hrs of wasted time plus a trip to Seattle for nothing.

2 phone interviews and one 8 hr 8 person interview(yes 8 because they had 2 "in training people" sitting in plus a lunch "non-but not really" interview

So after 2 phone interviews and bogus fluffling up of "oh yeah they love you" hype and being flown in for 3 days on their dime 1 super long marathon 8 person, repetitive and 3 of the last 8 interviewers being rude 4 wks later and only after emailing them "oh I'm so sorry because I thought someone already got back to you" inconsiderate don't really care about you or your time a big fat nope.

If you want to get strung along and miss other real opportunities with organizations who will actually value your time, experience and merit don't waste it with Amazon.

Total time wasted by them 3 mos and to top it off I was dumb enough to go to the in person after they got stand offish when I had other offers but I believed the recruiter' s b.s. they love you hype and this is only a formality garbage.

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a time when xyz? pretty generic STAR based questions for their "data" where literally they're reading verbatim off a script and oh btw if a recruiter tells you not to bring anything with you she's lying because there is no one there that will tell you not to bring your own tablet, notepad or laptop which I would have brought because it felt like a firing squad   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Starts with phone interview with recruiter. Approximately one week later, the recruiter got back in touch with a few follow up questions. Next step was that he set up a phone interview with me-- with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position and why are you interested in working for Amazon. The recruiter first gave an overview of the position and a bit of background.   2 Answers

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

This was a for a mid-senior BD position based out of India. During the phone interview with the hiring manager, he had a choppy mobile connection. When I pointed that out, he INSTRUCTED me to note down a number and call him back IMMEDIATELY. I was a bit taken aback with his tone but I called him anyway. He asked me to walk him through my resume and proposed that I prepare a presentation for his team as the next step. He told me I had a week's time.
    I wanted to ask him some questions about the role, his team etc. to which he responded that everything was confidential. I offered to sign an NDA as without that information, I couldn't write up the presentation. He declined that as an option.
    So with no other option and prospects of working with a irrational manager, I walked away from the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and each interviewer was very nice and respectful. Standard questions and had a chance to describe my experience in detail. They flew me out to their corporate office for a full day of interviews. I was blown away by the stark contrast of attitude. I was met with arrogance, where if a question was not met with a well-rehearsed answer, they would abruptly move on after some disparaging comment. A room with video for half of the interviews and the others were in person. They all were frantically typing what you say instead of looking you in the eye and honestly caring about you as a person. The questions were ridiculous and honestly- they just want to test you with manipulating questions to see how “loyal” you are. It’s a company of soldiers, not of individuals who contribute meaningfully. Half way through the day, I just shut off and was probably overly candid with my answers by that point. I just didn’t care and decided quickly this wasn’t the company for me! Interview for a company as though you don’t NEED a job. You quickly find out how you would be treated as a potential employee!!

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you failed in your career and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with you boss and how you resolved it.   1 Answer
    • What was your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the first 30 days?   Answer Question
    • What metrics did you use for a customer success model?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

They reached out to me via LinkedIn, I agreed to screening interview for 30 minutes, pretty straightforward. Another HR person reached out and asked questions via email. 45 minute phone interview was set up. I studied the AWS value prop (no stranger to this) as well as leadership values etc. Hiring manager and an HR person (silent whole call) The interviewer was obviously reading standard questions from a screen, some behavioral, some about sales and sales process. I could hear the typing as I spoke, how can someone be fully listening during that? 0 personality, 0 personal connection, I hung up and said to myself, this is going nowhere. Email 3 days later, thanks for your time no details on why a miss, form letter saying it might be cultural or leadership principals. Who knows. Overall impression, that was weird.

Interview Questions

• One core value you might have trouble with?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Been on both sides at Amazon. As a hiring manger and being hired. Well known questions about the leadership principals. So my advice is tell stories for each of the LP’s.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your manager.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was intense. There is a first round with the HR manager, then you are sent to meet with the hiring manager and 2 others in person or phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to guide through my Resume, asked some questions about my background and then let me ask questions of my own. couldn't judge how excited she was.

Interview Questions

• Asked me for general vision of business strategy as a part of the role.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want a job like this?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

First round was an interview with the hiring manager. Mainly general questions (why AWS, what research have you done) and a couple more technical ones (describe AWS infrastructure). It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.