Asurion Junior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Asurion Junior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Asurion

3.5

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asurion (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

First there was a telephone interview in which I was asked to code in a Google document while the interviewer observed. The questions were relatively easy string processing stuff.
Then they rented me a car and got me a hotel to interview in person. I was interviewed by 4 groups of 1 or 2 people. All questions were technical, and required writing code or architectural descriptions. Most questions emphasized raw coding capability, although some addressed more knowledge-based language implementation details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When told the range for college hires, I asked for and received the top amount in that range. I was able to choose my starting date.

Other Interview Reviews for Asurion

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Hardest interview I've ever done... Not sure if that's a reflection of my lack of skills, or their selectivity/strictness of the interview process.
    3 Skype chats, then a whole day on site.
    I'm qualified for the position on paper, but wasn't mentally equipped for the pressure of the programming part which is first thing when I got there... I was already having a stressful morning, which didn't help...
    The technical assignment wasn't extremely difficult, but time was a factor... In retrospect, I should have prepared more, but I just didn't have extra time that week. There's one hour to complete the assignment, but in practical terms, the scope didn't realistically accommodate that, even for a super fast coder, it would take at least twice that time, I suspect that's intentional... Since it's basically impossible to finish it all, it becomes more about talking through the solution, as much as the code itself. Which is good, I think that's how it should be... But I've done a decent amount of these same type of interview recently, and this one was just different... More difficult... They left me alone, checking on me every so often, I just wasn't comfortable. it's hard to describe, Maybe a personality clash and my increasingly anxious mood as it slowly dawned on me that I was bombing it!
    It was a humbling experience, and chalked up as a lesson learned... Over the course of that day and thereafter by way of hindsight/comparing to other places I was interviewing that I clicked with a lot better, I realized the Corp wasn't a good fit for me anyway, so it's actually a good learning experience in the end. A rare instance of just being thrown off my game, I guess. It was an intuition I felt, that gradually built up, that by the end of the day, I knew I wasn't going to pursue it further even if they wanted to.
    After starting off on a bad note,it got a little better afterwards, but very neutral... They were very pleasant, professional and the office is a nice space, although I'd recommend arriving way early because despite their provided instructions which were clear enough, the parking and finding it was a little confusing...
    Classic " lunch with the team/peers" and then some whiteboard and culture fit/experience questions, to have me explain in more detail my past experiences/project. The icy vibe , real or imagined, persisted though, and by the end I wanted to get out of there, like ASAP., But I'll repeat, might be just me, a personal thing, it's the only interview of ~5 similar ones that turned out ... Well strange, or unsettling for lack of a better word.
    I think they're a good solid Corp just not a match for me in how they do things. I won't get specific on that, but stuff like agile workflow.
    It's a big Corp and they clearly hire the best and brightest. My background is a similar company, so I can talk the talk, but i could see it being intimidating for someone else coming from a more start-up/less formal environment.
    I think it would be a great place to work for the right person.
    Bottom line though, at least for me, it was very challenging, and if I really wanted the job there, my advice is prepare, prepare, and prepare some more and be ready to go hard or go home

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of a software project you worked on, the challenges you faced (on chalkboard)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.